My Brother is Getting Death Threats From Trained Killers!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by beezzer

yeah. but its best to keep alert.

i seriously doubt anything will happen.

and i never once said my brother was scared of the death threats, not ONCE. he is not. far from it in fact.

i only said he was recieving them. other posters have taken it upon themselves to say this. i simply said it had me a bit worried which it does. not scared though.

only two things scare me in this world: spiders and aliens. (specifically slenderman.)

Spiders, yeah.

Now if you get a package that says "shape Charge + Delta 9 fuse"... . . . . . . . . run.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

okay.

hopefully for the last time.

no one, i repeat: NO ONE is afraid these threats will bear fruit. we are not scared.

we are vigilant, however.

i simply stated i was a bit worried.

which has been, appearantly, blown out of proportion.

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

as long as it is not wrapped like a christmas present i should be able to contain myself from shredding it open.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

as long as it is not wrapped like a christmas present i should be able to contain myself from shredding it open.

Ooops.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

is it a red rider!?

tell me it's a RED RIDER beez!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Once at work, someone jokingly said that he placed a shape charge in someones car.

(Infantry,bunch of kidders)

Well, we all laughed. Except one guy.

Spent the rest of the day chatting with OSI.

(got a day off though, so that's a plus)

Point is, people take stuff too seriously.

Laugh a little. It's okay.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Final post in this thread.

Just to let you and your brother know, soldiers fight so your brother can keep the freedom to post the things he did.

HUA.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

sure, Beez.

they may indeed fight to give him his "rights"

but then they threaten to kill him when he exercises them in a manner of his choosing.

albeit a cynical manner.

but thanks for your input beezer.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

sure, Beez.

they may indeed fight to give him his "rights"

but then they threaten to kill him when he exercises them in a manner of his choosing.

albeit a cynical manner.

but thanks for your input beezer.

People are just people. In the military, we may use terms that aren't "nice" in polite company. But they are just words. And 99.99999% could care less what someone posted.
Sorry about the uproar (on behalf of the US ARMY) but don't take it personally.

As the kids say. . . .

Namaste
edit on 13-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

but when 90% of the posters are threatening to take his life over words?

these are military people. they should know better.

and yes, there has been physical documentation of everything said over the FB posts.

I never said it was right and I'm not sure what else is has been said down the thread as I'm replying to yours here, but I'd agree the death threats are wrong. That is saying something with the express purpose of terrorizing or putting fear into someone else and I can't see a justified reason for EVER doing it. You'll not hear me defend these people for responding this way.

I'd simply note it's something that anyone posting controversial opinions these days need to expect could come by being highlighted to the wrong people. It's a crappy world in some ways, but there it is...and you're documenting it. That's all you can do unless more happens, I believe?
edit on 13-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What a coincidence. Im in Pensacola right now, A few of my buddies called me up and said be ready in 5 we are taking a quick trip to Florida but they didnt say why. Stange
edit on 2012/11/13 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

All right, I haven't been active on ATS for quite awhile because too many of the posts were contributing to my declining faith in humanity, but the responses I've seen posted to this have me hot enough to hop on and respond.

YES - what your brother said might be stupid, but to all the thick-witted numbskulls posting here in defense of the so-called troops threatening him, THAT IS ABSOLUTELY HIS RIGHT, AND HE SHOULD BY NO MEANS BE THREATENED PHYSICALLY FOR IT.

Evelyn Hall - frequently attributed wrongfully to others - once said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." THAT is the proper AMERICAN attitude in response here - the US was founded on the ideal of liberty, amongst others.

To share one's own opinion, however distasteful others might see it, is NO infringements upon the rights of others. So even if I might disagree with your brother, PROPS TO HIM for speaking it truly, and shame as well as the judgement of the Almighty upon those threatening him for such! May their own liberties and offenses be so strictly policed when they run afoul of the delicate sensibilities of others!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Do the deed, reap the consequences... good, bad or indifferent

He was looking for a reaction, he got one.

C'est la vie

edit on 13-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Get Jack Reacher. (the MP) it's time for him to kick azz and take name!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That is neither an american nor a christian opinion, LadySkadi. I thought better of you from previous experience.

Opinion is not deed, and were we all judged so subjectively on own opinions at the whims of the full variety of others, we would soon be utterly depopulated as all opinions are equally abhorrent among different groups.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Opinion is deed when it's posted publicly with intent to inflame - which is exactly what came from it. I'm not saying it's a good thing, or even that I agree, but I am saying that it should have been expected and frankly, I'm not sympathetic to the brother's plight. He put himself there and with intent, I suspect.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Opinion is deed when it's posted publicly with intent to inflame - which is exactly what came from it. I'm not saying it's a good thing, or even that I agree, but I am saying that it should have been expected and frankly, I'm not sympathetic to the brother's plight. He put himself there and with intent, I suspect.

And you post online that you think death threats are warranted in response to the public posting of opinion. So, if someone took enough offense at that exact opinion, posted threats against you online, and started doxing you to find and publicly post your personal information - threatening both yourself as well as your loved ones - you would consider that entirely justified?

Truly so?

While opinions might be inflammatory, you can only *assume* intent, and regardless, if assumption of intent might limit free expression of opinion, the fault is on the assumption and not on the expression, as there is no infringement of *liberty* resulting from the latter.

Very VERY sad to see the opinions here.
edit on 11/13/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Where did I say that I thought "death threats were warranted"

???

I said that the brother (if there even is a brother, if there even was a FB post) set out to inflame and incite a response... he got one.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It's pretty clear from your post I responded to that you ascribe full justification of the response to the OP's brother, and no condemnation on those responding in VERY inappropriate fashion. Feel free to now dodge and weave around that if you want, but you are tacitly approving the threatened violence in response to free expression of opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm actually pointing out that one's actions have consequences. Beyond that, I have no investment.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join