My Brother is Getting Death Threats From Trained Killers!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
reply to post by resoe26

its been my experience that even Air Force guys (and women) dont take crap from anyone. if we get offended, you will hear about it.

im not in a "combat job" i deploy to combat zones. im a flightliner, f-15 avionics. for a "non-combat" career field even we are hard @sses.

and thats just the Air Force. i imagine Army/Marines would be quick to put you in your place, especially the ones with a military branch in their family tree. we feel the need to back our respective branches (as our family) on top of the fact that my whole family served or still serving in the military (multiple branches).

All well and good, but does that make you a "trained killer?"

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by NavyDoc

Well it is brainwashing. Not saying it is not effective in creating a soldier, but it is brainwashing nonetheless. You are broken down then built back up as a soldier.

Training does not equal brainwashing. Please describe the psychological brainwashing you think you are alluding to.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Do you really think I am going to be able to convince you? I assume from your avatar pic that you, or someone you know is in the military, correct? That would make your opinion a biased one since you would have already have been subject to this training. Anyways, I was being a bit dramatic with the use of the word "brainwashing", I was just using that as a general description of the tactic used for military training. You must admit that during military training they attempt to break you down so they can build you back up as a soldier. Well, IMO that initial "break down" is the "wash". Do you see what I am getting at?
edit on 16-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by NavyDoc

Do you really think I am going to be able to convince you? I assume from your avatar pic that you, or someone you know is in the military, correct? That would make your opinion a biased one since you would have already have been subject to this training. Anyways, I was being a bit dramatic with the use of the word "brainwashing", I was just using that as a general description of the tactic used for military training. You must admit that during military training they attempt to break you down so they can build you back up as a soldier. Well, IMO that initial "break down" is the "wash". Do you see what I am getting at?
edit on 16-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

Kind of a self fulfilling statement. The military are brainwashed and I must be disagreeing with you because I am brainwashed so I can't think otherwise.

If one uses the term loosely, any sort of training or behavior modification could be considered brainwashing. Is a mechanic trained or is he brainwashed?

Training: teaching people to work as a team, understand and respond to instruction, learn new skillsets, and so forth is not "brainwashing" in the sense it is used. Believe it or not, recruits do not leave bootcamp as mindless zombies and the military actually has a very diverse population of political, ethical, and religious thought. Sure, most military tend to be politically "conservative" but that is because those type of people tend to be attracted into the military in the first place. They are not brainwashed into being Reaganites upon induction. Whenever I hear such stuff, I have to laugh and it is clear that those who say as such have never been in the military. The modern US military is one of the most PC organizations in government with a large emphasis on being officially apolitical.

The assumption that the military is full of brainwashed maniacs is neither true nor desired. A military without people who can think on their feet, adjust to changing circumstances, and even question bad orders is a military that will lose the war. We want innovative and dynamic thinkers. "Yes men" lose battles and get people killed.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Kind of a self fulfilling statement. The military are brainwashed and I must be disagreeing with you because I am brainwashed so I can't think otherwise.

Well, it makes sense. Just because a statement can be self fulfilling, doesn't mean that its only fulfillment is from the statement itself.

If one uses the term loosely, any sort of training or behavior modification could be considered brainwashing. Is a mechanic trained or is he brainwashed?

Well, no it is not because the part that is missing is the "wash" in training a mechanic. You dont wipe ones slate clean before you train a mechanic. Even is you dont agree, do you see what I am trying to say?

Training: teaching people to work as a team, understand and respond to instruction, learn new skillsets, and so forth is not "brainwashing" in the sense it is used.

You are right, it is not, but that isn't the only component present in military training.

Believe it or not, recruits do not leave bootcamp as mindless zombies and the military actually has a very diverse population of political, ethical, and religious thought.

Quite sorry here, I didn't mean to infer that this "brainwashing" is always effective, or that you blindly submitted to it. I was more trying to infer that it was attempted and was a effective on a good percentage of troops. Heck, I assume that you likely don't submit to these tactics just due to the fact that you are on this site looking for answers.

Sure, most military tend to be politically "conservative" but that is because those type of people tend to be attracted into the military in the first place. They are not brainwashed into being Reaganites upon induction. Whenever I hear such stuff, I have to laugh and it is clear that those who say as such have never been in the military. The modern US military is one of the most PC organizations in government with a large emphasis on being officially apolitical.

Also, I wasn't trying to say that they were "brainwashed" into being conservative. I wouldn't classify that the "brainwashing" is trying to enforce any specific political label. I don't think the agenda put forth by military training leans toward a majority, or even a big part of any political party. I see it as more specific intentions for the effective lessening of moral objection to certain acts that would be normally considered immoral without the training.

The assumption that the military is full of brainwashed maniacs is neither true nor desired. A military without people who can think on their feet, adjust to changing circumstances, and even question bad orders is a military that will lose the war. We want innovative and dynamic thinkers. "Yes men" lose battles and get people killed.

See, I agree completely here, it is not full of them, and I don't think they are maniacs. My main concern is how many trained troops would question orders? I feel that many would just blindly follow orders, not due to them being evil, but more due to the influence of the training they received. I don't even feel that it would be conscious decision, because much of the training's impact lies in the subconscious mind. I recommend you watch ABC's relatively new show called "Last Resort", then ask yourself: What decision would I make? Would I follow the orders given, or question them?

Anyways, thank you for maintaining a civil conversation with me and showing great restraint. I do tend to generalize a bit too much at times and it is not really fair.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by tvtexan
These people making threats are no different than Muslims who believe they have the right to kill people if they post an offensive picture of Mohammed!

muslims are being offended by people attacking their religion.

the military men and women are PERSONALLY being attacked when he decides to shoot his mouth off.

Are you kidding me?\

You don't think a person's religion is a very personal thing? More personal than your job (soldier) in my opinion.

Look at the facts, EVERY US soldier is there by CHOICE. Nobody was drafted. If you want to be in the military, that's YOUR choice.

Anyone that would threaten someone's life over being offended is a stupid immature child, that frankly I don't want representing my country in the armed force.

Was his comment in bad taste? Sure. Does it deserve death threats? Absolutely not.

Makes me want to post something like that, along with my address, so that I can rid the country of such idiots 9 pellets of 00 at a time.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The problem as I see it is that civilians have no clue as to what military life is like (myself included for the time being)

We think we can make sound JUDGEMENTS on people we barely understand. We say the military is not representative of the country, WELL,

JOIN. Make it representative of you and do your best to get into command. Make the "good" calls you say they don't. Sacrifice for complete strangers and place yourself second. Try it.

While military life is not for everyone, I see plenty of able bodied people who actually need it. They need to step out of themselves and every single vile thing they heard about the military from frustrated and angry people that force people to parrot their words for a cracker based reward system of "belonging". If they spent more time improving themselves personally instead of reading inflammatory literature from miserable people, like a 50 shades of gray for people addicted to masturbating their egos, we would not have such a divide between civilians and their military.

We are all one people, and our military is part of this country, as citizens, neighbors, and brothers. We should not fuel a divide between them and us. We should not encourage discord and bad blood as if their motives in life are any different than ours. To set yourself apart from your own community members is to be part of a problem. Any failure in communication and understanding originates then in your initial step to separate yourself from a fellow American based on his profession.

So, instead of talking out of a perceived knowledge of the military you read somewhere or heard from someone who read it somewhere, JOIN and see for yourself. Make it better and improve it. Make it representative of the population you say is so different. If not stop making discord over your hatred of fellow Americans or your frustration with the fact that we as a species have ALWAYS had war and warriors.

so, keep the peace, and give your brothers in arms a break. They are just you with a uniform on for fraks sake.

Your greatest effort with people should always be to reach deeper understanding, not to judge from what you understand already.

edit on 17-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
The problem as I see it is that civilians have no clue as to what military life is like (myself included for the time being)

We think we can make sound JUDGEMENTS on people we barely understand. We say the military is not representative of the country, WELL,

JOIN. Make it representative of you and do your best to get into command. Make the "good" calls you say they don't. Sacrifice for complete strangers and place yourself second. Try it.

While military life is not for everyone, I see plenty of able bodied people who actually need it. They need to step out of themselves and every single vile thing they heard about the military from frustrated and angry people that force people to parrot their words for a cracker based reward system of "belonging". If they spent more time improving themselves personally instead of reading inflammatory literature from miserable people, like a 50 shades of gray for people addicted to masturbating their egos, we would not have such a divide between civilians and their military.

We are all one people, and our military is part of this country, as citizens, neighbors, and brothers. We should not fuel a divide between them and us. We should not encourage discord and bad blood as if their motives in life are any different than ours. To set yourself apart from your own community members is to be part of a problem. Any failure in communication and understanding originates then in your initial step to separate yourself from a fellow American based on his profession.

So, instead of talking out of a perceived knowledge of the military you read somewhere or heard from someone who read it somewhere, JOIN and see for yourself. Make it better and improve it. Make it representative of the population you say is so different. If not stop making discord over your hatred of fellow Americans or your frustration with the fact that we as a species have ALWAYS had war and warriors.

so, keep the peace, and give your brothers in arms a break. They are just you with a uniform on for fraks sake.

Your greatest effort with people should always be to reach deeper understanding, not to judge from what you understand already.

edit on 17-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

I don't have to be a murderer to judge murderers. I don't have to be a pedophile to judge pedophiles. I don't have to be a thief to judge thieves. In no way am I saying military folks are murderers, pedophiles, or thieves, I'm illustrating that your statement about not being able to judge them because you aren't one doesn't make any sense.

At this point in time nobody in the military is there against their will. They all knew what they were getting into, what would be expected of them.

Nobody can honestly, with a straight face, say that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are in any way protecting my freedoms, or the freedoms of my countrymen. Nobody can say they are making me safer, if anything our actions in the middle east are making the US LESS safe, as it's increasing the amount of anti-us sentiment around the globe.

I recognize the need for a Military, as a deterrent, and as something to use in REAL defense of this nation. I don't recognize the need nor support the way the military is currently being used. When people joined up they knew what they were doing, and what they would be involved in.

I have many friends who have been deployed, and none of them disagree with me. They joined up because of the benefits. This is their words. They had no illusions about what they were doing. They don't expect me or anyone else to respect them or treat them any differently because they served in the Military. Me and my friends constantly sit around and have political conversations and they are on the same page with me in thinking that the current wars aren't protecting us at all. People that join up to command respect or gratitude from others aren't there for the right reasons. People that join up to be "above" civilians aren't joining for the right reason. This country IS the civilians. Everything the military uses is FROM civilians. Their wages are paid BY civilians. I absolutely hate this elitist mindset that many have that Military folks are superior to civilians.

This is not WWII, if it were, I'd join the military in a second, and I'd be upset about people going against the military because they would be working directly to protect their fellow Americans. I love my countrymen and would die to defend them, but what we are doing now is not in defense of this country, and those doing it KNEW that when they joined up. If they didn't know it, then they are incredibly ignorant and I don't know what to say about them.

If you want to argue that Military folks DESERVE the respect of the civilian population than make an argument for it based on reality.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I don't have to be a murderer to judge murderers.

I stopped reading after that. You will not be in my mind for another second.

I said to UNDERSTAND, I spoke badly about judging. Keep judging people. Your ego must be scorned daily by such a noble and just person who seeks the perfect judgment of all.

I cannot understand you, but I won't try and judge you for it.

Bye bye,

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

LOL

How's the air up there, so far above all us mere mortals?

Why even waste your time replying to me if you didn't read what I said? Would have made more sense if you read it, but no, your too good for that, but for some reason still felt the need to reply to me.

You judge people just like everyone else, your just too much of a coward to be honest and admit that you judge people.

Where as I'm honest, I'll admit that I judge others, you are just lying to yourself and everyone else. Shameful.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

apologize for exercising his right?

no. never.

and he still hasn't to my knowledge.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

a very astute post.

now if the barbarians of the world would see it so simply.

but i suppose kill kill kill is the prevailing opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

collateral damage?

your talking about men, WOMEN, and CHILDREN here.

disgusting...

collateral damage...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join