It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother is Getting Death Threats From Trained Killers!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This past veterans day my younger brother posted a status update on Facebook.

this is that update in its entirety:

We remember our own countries murderers but forget about all the innocent people killed in all these pointless f---ing wars. That's right! They are people just like you and I. I don't support the troops. I don't support the f---ing wars. I don't support the killing on either side of any war. So in turn: F--- THE TROOPS! F--- THE WARS! F---THE KILLING! AND F--- you IF YOU SUPPORT ANY OF THESE THINGS TOO!!!

i know, my brother is a very vocal and opinionated individual.

this,however, is where things start to get messy.

somehow the above quoted status update ended up on the facebook page Awesome S--T my drill sergeant said.

since then my brother has been recieving an obscene amount of death threats thorough FB!

these people are, as i understand, for the most part enlisted soldiers. my question is:

how is it legal for military men to threaten death on a civilian!?

obviously the status update was made to garner some semblance of attention but my brother was not expecting to recieve death threats from TRAINED KILLERS!

these people are even going so far as to attemt to ascertain my brothers whereabouts. a house we share with our mother another younger brother two sisters and as many as three children depending on my mothers babysitting status at the time.
needless to say, i'm a bit worried myself.

a man named Bobby Ciceroni has even said he is coming to florida, oh i guess i should have mentioned they found out we do , in fact, live in florida, and i quote

" Im gonna beat your scrawny little asses for your lack of respect. You want to believe something is one thing do put it on a social network for the world to see is my problem. And I did say ASSES!!!!!"

so ATS, whats your take on the situation?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe he shouldnt be saying "f*ck the troops" on a public forum and expecting nothing to happen. he should man up and face the consequences of his actions. or atleast put out an apology. hopefully nothing happens to your brother and/or family but if something does happen its your brothers fault.
edit on 13-11-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Poke a pitbull in the eye with a stick long enough and you are bound to get bit sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Being a vocal person as you have stated, he should have half expected the results. The only thing different this time is the comments he is making were likly to offend "trained killers" as you have put it...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
obviously, but he wasnt saying f--- the AMERICAN troops, he clearly said he dosent support the killing on either side.

so the consequnces of offending a member of our military is death? is that what your saying? these people are threatening to KILL him.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
your brother is an idiot and maybe he should be put in his place.

im not saying he needs to have death threats. but stupid people get this false sense of security when they talk crap on the internet. maybe he needs the wake up call, this is the real world, you may have the freedom of speech, but maybe you shouldnt exercise it at every turn trying to piss people off.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Your brother should never have posted that on FB, of all places. You reap what you sow....

To all my Brothers and Sisters, who served/serve our Great Nation, reading this thread...THANK YOU!!!

Des

edit on 13-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

like i said the post was obviously made to garner some attention but is it right for these people to threaten his life when all he did was state his opinion?

it seems like all these people know is KILL KILL KILL, and if someone dosent agree with exactly everything i do? hell, kill them too.

link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

He called the American troops murderers. He was obviously determined to get some kind of response from his post. He got a response.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

he knows that know, i told him he should set his profile to private.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by MDDoxs

like i said the post was obviously made to garner some attention but is it right for these people to threaten his life when all he did was state his opinion?

it seems like all these people know is KILL KILL KILL, and if someone dosent agree with exactly everything i do? hell, kill them too.

what he was saying is more than an opinion, its offensive. so saying what he did, to offend people, he should expect the attention.

link   
I think he needs to apologize, its not like all the troops want to be there, or kill.
They are just doing that they are told. I can see how some solders may take offense to that.

link   
These people making threats are no different than Muslims who believe they have the right to kill people if they post an offensive picture of Mohammed!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
obviously, but he wasnt saying f--- the AMERICAN troops, he clearly said he dosent support the killing on either side.

so the consequnces of offending a member of our military is death? is that what your saying? these people are threatening to KILL him.

He was CLEARLY referring to american troops. saying otherwise is just ignorant. he posted this on veterans day for a reason and that reason was to get an angry response from vets to try and justify his view.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i suppose before i start getting threats myself i should clearly state that:

I do not support my brothers statement 100%

though i firmly believe he has the right to make it.

i have had friends die in this war and friends that are still overseas.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'd just toss in here that anyone standing up to say highly controversial things on either side of lines drawn these days has to expect it may bring out extremes in return. Anyone here who doesn't already carry that awareness ought to see this story and perhaps take a moment of pause. There are nuts in all walks of life and on all sides of it.

I could post something today that hits a nut job in JUST the wrong way and which no one could possibly have predicted. Any of us could. In his case, WOW.... When you actually choose soldiers to pick on, it's expected that extremes that may get ticked would come from the chosen group.

On the other hand, being terrorized with death threats isn't cool either and military or not makes absolutely no difference to the fact it's illegal. If it's legit, report it. At least then if something real world happens later, this phase was documented.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
These people making threats are no different than Muslims who believe they have the right to kill people if they post an offensive picture of Mohammed!

Is comparing our solders to terrorists really the proper way to go about this?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

yes, but they are there. not because they were forced into it but because they were, most likely, indoctrinated by frindes, family, or programs like JROTC not to mention the media, i.e. Call of Duty franchise and the like.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

muslims are being offended by people attacking their religion.

the military men and women are PERSONALLY being attacked when he decides to shoot his mouth off.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

the point exactly tvtexan.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join