It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican base was so wrong about Romney, and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Wow just wow.

Republicans lost 2 elections in a row they ran RINOS social conservatism does not work for the right.

They tried to pander by running a "moderate" hell I am so disgusted by both sides trying to spin the election, and it is nothing but spin especially coming from MSNBC.

They have a platform that won them the House in 2010 won them Wisconsin, and maintained control of the House.

The Republican base was not happy with the choice of Romney, but that is what they were given some said to hell with it, others voted for Romney because they had no choice.

Those who nominated Romney were wrong, just as they were wrong about McCain.

edit on 12-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The Republican base nominated Romney.

And McCain.

Cynically.

McCain chose Palin. Cynically.

Romney chose Ryan, cynically.

The base voted in great numbers, but the party, who elected a bunch of nutcases in 2010, and ran a bewildering campaign in 2012, drove a wedge between itself and woman, and minorities, and gays, and libertarians, and realists, and honest people.

You can't win by simply appealing to selfish rich white men any more.

And the GOP has LOST the popular vote 5 out of the last 6 Presidential elections.

The last time they won the popular vote was in 2000.Before that it was 1988.

They're not a hugely popular party nationally.
edit on 12-11-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hey, I'm just curious here..... If people were to want to take a break so they could miss all the right/left bash each other 'just for the sake of bashing' threads.... How long do ya figure they'd have to stay offline? I mean I figured a few days of gloating and revenge city...but this is getting a bit absurd. Is this to go on for weeks? Months? Years?

Should we go back and look at the months and month and months you've spent lying to yourself about Romney? And the months and months and months you've spend bashing the left? And then hold you to the same standard as you're holding the left?

Or should we ignore this post in the same way that we ignored your delusional claims that Romney was going to win because all the polls were skewed? How'd that fantasy work out for you?

Nawww... I don't recommend we go backward. I did my time and I put my effort and hours in for Dr. Paul's candidacy. I know as well or better than most how screwed up the Republican party is.....recall St Charles Missouri? That was just one of many examples of the GOP in Missouri burying Ron Paul whether he had proper numbers or support or not. The point is...yeah, the party has major issues. THEY BOTH DO.

I'm just wondering what is served by starting fights and throwing things in each other faces day in and day out? It's a time for healing....yet it's as though the fight to hurt each other is JUST starting. That's all. Your reply to my message shows the true depth of your emotion and venom.....which removes any doubt I might have had about my first post. Hopefully....the revenge nonsense doesn't go on too long. The OTHER HALF of the nation is about sick of it, frankly.

Jesus, man.

I have seen you spout some of the most vile partisan rhetoric on ATS. It's funny how all it took was you to be exposed as a delusional windbag and your endless predictions shown to be complete and utter nonsense, to make you interested in "healing".

Healing.

More like begging for scraps now that your team has been shown to be a big ol' shaggy dog.

Hmmm..... As much as that absolutely earned a report and then some... I'd like to see them let it stand. I've never, once, in my time here gotten outrageous and personal about calling...as you just did, right here. You've made my case for me and I honestly hadn't expected you would. I hadn't intended that. As it happens though, this was a surprise that stands on it's own and speaks largely for itself.

In actual point to respond to? You made one worthy of reply here after the attack is overlooked. I've been calling for healing, and plenty of it....and started that before the election. My post history stands clear on that and I stand behind that. Completely. I've made a couple threads and a few posts which, frankly, I'm actually ashamed of. I wish I could remove them....but then, they'll serve to remind me just how badly the emotional toll of the election got me too. In that, I was wrong and freely admit it.............which is something I doubt I'll ever see from those taking enjoyment in the ridicule, attacks and general abuse of other members of the site right now. (See above reply for example)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Try again

The base wanted Santorum,Newt

Only a moron believe the Gop is "only about old white men". the demographics of the GOP clearly say otherwise.

Yeah the election was about selfishness,and about free stuff and make those evil old rich guys pay for it.

The antithesis of a constitutional republic

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The Republican base was so wrong about Romney, and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

The "tip of the iceberg" might be this:

Maybe "The Republican base" was so Right about Obama and Democrats

The same problems still exist this week as they did 2 weeks ago !!

Beware of the continuing onslaught of diversionary tactics.

The Democrats are having trouble making their policies actually work positively for the majority of Americans.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Mitt Romney , the 1972 Ford Pinto of the Republican Party..........................

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

COME ON!!! It's from MSNBC!!!!! That's like Communist China declaring that Democracy is bad

You just proved the OP's post perfectly!

Because such a large part of the GOP base now are completely insane is why they are toast.

The story is correct, it's largely due to to right-wing talk radio and TV, which I've been saying for a couple years now.
Stupid, crazy or otherwise incompetent people used to know their place, but now because of asshats like Rush Limbaugh they actually believe that their crazy beliefs are more legitimate than non-crazy ones.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

but, in the senate, you need a super majority now to get anything done. all you need are republicans to vote lock step, (which they have done) and you have permanent stagnation. the tyranny of the minority. in the house, it is the other way. the republicans have had the majority. the way the house is set up, if one has the majority, the party in the minority might as well not even show up.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
it is my personal opinion that the republican party has lost touch all together...! the worse part they served up
romney as a "Can Win" candidate . He was doomed from the start as they did not have feet on the ground as Obama's team and he gaffed more then he gave up any real substance of what he would do. Not saying Obama did ....just saying that they trusted Obama more because they knew his "ways" ! his belief system .
Romney's team did not do their homework or did not even want to which was strange because the right wanted this so bad! Were they sitting back watching this man make one mistake at a time and saying actually that he would win ???????? so many mistakes and now is the time for this country to come together and make things happen.....it isn't over till the fat lady sings!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Of course their message is irrelevant now.

A lot of republicans dont live anywhere near reality. Not all, but a lot. The problem is due to the fact that they listen to Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Fox News.

Those 3 things are not news. They are merely right wing Kool Aid pitchers which people listen to, to feel better. That's it. They listen to people who agree with them because they're angry about Obama everything and in order to feel comfy and warm they listen to these knuckleheads. The more they listen, the farther from reality they get.

The "bubble" is a very real thing. You cannot and will not learn anything if you live in it.
When Fox News is the highest rated news channel, and it's viewers are perennially the most ill informed and incorrect about every issue, there is a problem. Why would you continually watch a source which you know is feeding wrong information unless it's just because it makes you feel good?
It has a negative effect overall and is bad for your brain, but you do it anyway because it feels good.
Sounds like Heroin.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seekingpeace
Were they sitting back watching this man make one mistake at a time and saying actually that he would win ????????

You bet.

Their rhetoric, and as someone called it "living in a fantasy world" made them blind. Even blind in regards what a horrible and awful candidate Romney was - even measured on Rep standards.

I think they could've won with a halfway credible candidate - and they likely could have EASILY won with a candidate having at least some plan and with a candidate more moderate/trustworthy.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

We are stupid, crazy, or otherwise incompetent and we don't know our place?
Thank you for your elitist view. That is why the fighting will not stop. Actually, believing you are in a position to dictate with barely more then a quarter of the population supporting you, is the reason the fight is just beginning. Sometimes I think the reason minorities vote liberal is that the liberal elite have convinced them that they are truly considered equal by the liberal elite when in fact they are looked down on by them. Please continue to be honest so that others can see your intellectual dishonesty for what it is.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The "tip of the iceberg" might be this:

Maybe "The Republican base" was so Right about Obama and Democrats

The same problems still exist this week as they did 2 weeks ago !!

Beware of the continuing onslaught of diversionary tactics.

The Democrats are having trouble making their policies actually work positively for the majority of Americans.

Yeah, they're not.

That's the point.

And you are prime example number one that springs to mind when I think of someone living in a fantasy world, promoted by the right-wing entertainment industry.

The person David Frum and Joe Scarsborough are talking about it is you. Someone so confused about what's true and what's a lie someone generated to make a quick buck off the gullible.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

COME ON!!! It's from MSNBC!!!!! That's like Communist China declaring that Democracy is bad

You just proved the OP's post perfectly!

Because such a large part of the GOP base now are completely insane is why they are toast.

Insanity

or

Retardation

Brain damage or the like

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Try again

The base wanted Santorum,Newt

Only a moron believe the Gop is "only about old white men". the demographics of the GOP clearly say otherwise.

Yeah the election was about selfishness,and about free stuff and make those evil old rich guys pay for it.

The antithesis of a constitutional republic

Actually, that's not even vaguely true, is it?

The base, who are the people that come out and vote in the primaries, voted time and time again for Romney.

In fact, by popular vote, the candidates finished in this order:

Romney - 10,031,336 votes
Santorum - 3,932,069 votes
Gingrich - 2,734,571 votes
Paul - 2,095,762 votes

So, Romney did 2x+ times better than Santorum, 3x+ better than Gingrich and almost 5x better than Paul.

In fact, he got more votes than Gingrich, Santorum and Paul combined (8762402).

So, trying to make him not the choice of the Republican base is pretty ludicrous.

In total, in the national election, 59M people voted for Romney. 19M voted in the primaries.

en.wikipedia.org...

Romney was the clear choice of the base.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

try agian:

conservativebyte.com...

3 million Republicans the base stayed home.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

try agian:

conservativebyte.com...

3 million Republicans the base stayed home.

LOL.

No.

the base of the Republican party did NOT stay home on election day. I'm sure some stayed home, disgusted by the candidate the ACTUAL base chose in the primaries, but the base, as sane commentators have noted, by and large, voted.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

From a distance, it seemed the repubs selected as worse of a candidate as possible in order to fool the masses that they actually desired or wanted a victory. There are forces at work here which are much greater than the political left/right hack paradigm.

I can't get close to lies and the whole thing was a sham from romney day 1. I recall a lot of lights-out knifing in the back, behind very closed doors, and voila, romney. There wasn't a single supporter of him to be found, among thoughtful persons, in common places, among common persons. It was all media muscle flexing and hype. Can they do it? Can the media run this guy against the Kenyan?

Yes. 51/49, of course. Success. And the beat goes on.

Well, what am I supposed to do? Praise the NDAA? It sounds like a horrible law Stalin would love.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

LOL.

No.

the base of the Republican party did NOT stay home on election day. I'm sure some stayed home, disgusted by the candidate the ACTUAL base chose in the primaries, but the base, as sane commentators have noted, by and large, voted.

"sane commentators"? LMAO! Now I understand your malfunction.

Yuh know, You're the typical brainwashed android that has yet to figure out that your herO commentators are nothing more but yes man robots who take orders from their mass media tycoon masters, who in turn receive their directives from the Government who is ruled by the international banksters.

Did that register in your melon, no? I didn't think so. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

LOL.

No.

"sane commentators"? LMAO! Now I understand your malfunction.

Yuh know, You're the typical brainwashed android that has yet to figure out that your herO commentators are nothing more but yes man robots who take orders from their mass media tycoon masters, who in turn receive their directives from the Government who is ruled by the international banksters.

Did that register in your melon, no? I didn't think so. ~$heopleNation

Sane as in:

- looking at real data and reaching honest conclusions
- not self-absorbed and prone to confusing their ideology for reality

As for your ridiculous assertion that these people are my heroes; they are not. I just have the wherewithal to separate my own opinions and my "beliefs," from facts.

You think you're sane, rational and "clued up," but in fact you post endless unsupported nonsensical conspiracies and feel the bizarre need to sign all your posts, due to your self-obsession.

It's unbecoming and frankly pathetic.

Fact are facts, paranoid conspiracies are paranoid conspiracies and egoists are often incapable of separating fact from fiction; "If I believe it, it must be true; I'm special".
edit on 14-11-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
COME ON!!! It's from MSNBC!!!!! That's like Communist China declaring that Democracy is bad and YOU believing it!

JESSSSSSSSSSSSUS H. CHRIST! The ignorance of the masses is shocking!!!!
edit on 12-11-2012 by kozmo because: spelling

except it's true, the republican party is a joke

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join