It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican base was so wrong about Romney, and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
It's true, the Republican base has gone full retard, and it's just too much for even some Republicans to take anymore. It's just gone full of-the-cliff fantasy land retard.

The thing is can the republican base come back from it? What do they do about the mass retardation they leave behind? Couldn't that frankenstein monster of delusional paranoids turn on them? If Fox News and Republicans adopt a reasonable stance will it only prove that the secret gay liberal muslim terrorist president finally 'got' to them?

I think eventually history will show Goebbels and FOX News as the major propaganda machines of all time. Like the top top champs of brainwashing and political retardation. Don't you think?

Boy I dont know. Theres another network that gives it all they got to wear the crown of the tard. I mean I cant even watch them and be objective they are so spoungy. Like bats in the belfry. When something goes their way its as though they want to masterbate right there on camera.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alumnathe
reply to post by Logarock

So how is riding the coattails of the Republican Party more righteous?

Same way the progressive new dems rode in the the tails of the old dem patry. They were smart enough to know they had to use an existing structure. Remember or ever heard of the The Chicago Seven and the 1968 Democratic National Convention? Thats when the nut jobs that you see reflected in todays dems started to move and take over the party.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it's simple. their demographic is shrinking

they will be the burger meister mesister burgers in 20 years, people will wonder why we let them in power and have a laugh

W may have been the last white male president
edit on 23-11-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

Thats what they said when Clinton was in.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

edit on 24-11-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

HST's first hand account and musings on the '68 Chicago riots

Hunter S. Thompson
Excerpt from Kingdom of Fear…

In seems to me that the underlying assumption of any public protest – any public disagreement with the government, “the system”, or “the establishment”, by any name – is that the men in charge of whatever you’re protesting against are actually listening, whether they later admit it or not, and that if you run your protest Right, it will likely make a difference.

Norman Mailer made this point a long time ago when he said that the election of JFK gave him a sense, for the first time in his life, that he could actually communicate with the White House. Even with people like Johnson and Mac Bundy – or even Pat Brown or Bull Connor – the unspoken rationale behind all those heavy public protests was that our noise was getting through and that somebody in power was listening and hearing at least weighing our protest against their own political realities. . . even if these people refused to talk to us. So in the end the very act of public protest, even violent protest, was essentially optimistic and actually a demonstration of faith (mainly subconscious, I think) in the father figures who had the power to change things – once they could be made to see the light of reason, or even political reality.

That’s what the bastards never understood – that the “Movement” was essentially an expression of deep faith in the American Dream: that the people they were “fighting” were not the cruel and cynical beasts they seemed to be, and that in fact they were just a bunch of men like everybody’s crusty middle-class fathers who only needed to be shaken a bit, jolted out of their bad habits and away from their lazy, short-term, profit-oriented life stances . . . and that once they understood, they would surely do the right thing.”

edit on 24-11-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This all sounds very philo-political, but it's not that complicated. A group of people who wanted to make a stand did the work to get some of their own into an established party, but once they got there, everyone in the established party realized they actually had to take responsibility for this happening and were unprepared (Q: omg how did they get in here? A: you let them in so it looked like you had a lot more on your side than you really did).

Now that they're in there flailing around trying to justify rants by Glenn Beck and Lush Rimbaugh, the Republican Party (that was floundering before taking in these castaways) should step up and help these not-really-Republicans start their own thing, and go through the ranks like all parties have, which is actually the most healthy way for them to get an invite to future elections. If Republicans keep treating them like "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain", they will keep crashing every event the traditional Republican Party puts on, shaking their fists and gnashing their teeth and looking very televisable but offering no other value to the Republican Party than infomercial-level publicity.

You let them in, GOP, now you deal with them. We expect you will deal with them with the same respect that you would expect others to deal with you. What a huge statement you could make for the 2016 election that you didn't turn away from your responsibility and you helped a diverse culture within your own ranks get a foothold, providing a much-needed example for the good of a healthy diverse debate in the 21st century. Go ahead, make The World's day.
edit on 24-11-2012 by alumnathe because: I am watching Star Wars right now so it's Obiwan Kenobe's fault

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alumnathe

Man you are so full of bull crap. Youre whole post sounds like some run of the mill Newsweek slop.

I set along with a good number of students back in 1983 and listened to a professor, a new lefter, tell us all about the new left taking over the dem party. This wasnt down at community college my friend.

The dems you see today area bunch of off the farm radicals coming off the effort of the New Left that have now taken over the party. They didnt do anything on there own.

This man set right there and told us how they came to the understanding that they, the "new Left" communists, couldnt get to power useing the communist and soicalist party plank and were going to take over the dems. That they understood the reds and slackers would never make it so far out on the flank. So they became good democrats and are now hiding behind that mask....althought that getting hard....trust me they are waiting for the day, letting it out a littel here and there. They understand fully what a strong Tea Party will do to their plans. They also know that the only folks that still recognize them are mainly about 45% of the white population with some "uncle toms" along for the ride. They just cant have a Tea party Now! Not when the Dems are about to take over the republican party!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It seems you misunderstand what it is to be "really Republican". A friend of mine likes to say, don't say conservative, say Constiutionalist. Because the neo cons are the RINOS..... and Tea Party are the real Republican Constitutionalists.
edit on 26-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

It seems you misunderstand what it is to be "really Republican". A friend of mine likes to say, don't say conservative, say Constiutionalist. Because the neo cons are the RINOS..... and Tea Party are the real Republican Constitutionalists.

Laughable.

The Tea Party, as it exists now, was set up by the corporate media in collusion with the Club For Growth. These people are not strict constitutionalists (something that doesn't REALLY exist anyway), but are corporate puppets.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Laughable.

The Tea Party, as it exists now, was set up by the corporate media in collusion with the Club For Growth. These people are not strict constitutionalists (something that doesn't REALLY exist anyway), but are corporate puppets.

100% CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!

They do the bidding for the 1%'ers who are FUNDING (BRIBING) them and every time they see something that goes AGAINST the 1%, they scream out "UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!"

The Tea Party and Conservatives have CLEARLY SHOWN numerous times already that they dont give a HOOT about the Constitution, and they just use it to "support" their NONSENSE while making it APPEAR as if their STANCE is LEGIT and that any OPPOSING STANCE is bad. They DISGRACEFULLY use the Constitution SHAMEFULLY for their agenda.

For example:

...Obama (or anyone on the left) can say to people to try to be friendly to everyone in your community and have respect for everyone and treat others as you want to be treated. The DAMNED FOOL Conservatives and Tea Party IDIOTS will then shout out: "THATS NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!!! SHOW ME WHERE THE CONSTITUTIONS SAYS TO BE DECENT AND RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS???!!! They will then conclude their "constitutional rant" with: "THEREFORE THE LEFT/OBAMA IS AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION blah, blah, blah".

The Right is making themselves look INCREDIBLY FOOLISH anymore!!! They have reached the point to which they would be wise to have a MENTAL HEALTH checkup as soon as possible, seriously.

edit on 2-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are not connecting the dots. The smaller picture is that Republicans lost two elections, but nobody is mentioning that the Republicans also controls congress. Some of the largest problems for America today should be solved by congress. They are not being solved right now. I think Obama is doing a good job compared to what congress is doing.

The larger picture is that it's beyond a proof that the two-party system has lower voter-efficiency than a system with multiple parties. The voter turnout statistics in USA is very bad. It's even bad when you don't take into account that they're not comparable with other countries due to the amount of people that can't vote in USA. When USA lags down on these statistics, the public is presented with fairy-tales about the founding fathers. The problem is that these stories are from another time. USA needs to modernize its democracy. The alternative is that innovation will go off-shore. Democracy and innovation are tied together. With the other stuff that has moved out of America, this will be bad.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Most Republicans are delusional as it is. The whole mentality they have is kinda scary. It almost reminds me of how Hitler gained power.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
In the early 90's this guy came on the radio and started spouting rhetoric about freedom and smaller government. People want that. They want it bad. he convinced a ton of people to vote republican. They did and when they did the new guys were promptly taken to a back room and told they would never have a committee membership or anything unless they caved and went along with the status quo. So the change the people voted for never happened. Doesn't anyone remember the "Contract with America"? Not one thing on that was made law. People felt betrayed. But they believed so strongly in the concepts espoused by Limbaugh that they went and voted Bush into office.

Well that did not work. Instead they got bigger government and less freedom. So they voted for Obama hoping things would finally change. They did not. So the people went for Paul. But the establishment ignored him and those votes he got were taken from him and given to Romney. Everyone knows that had the votes been counted properly Paul would have been the candidate. But he stood for real change so the establishment did everything they could to destroy him.

The people WANT freedom and less government. They are not going to get it. Not unless they take their guns and start a revolution. But they will not do that as long as there is football and tv. They only way to fix this nation is to destroy it and start over. We elected Obama in order to destroy it. He is doing a good job. When he is done we will be able to have our revolution and fix things. There are many ropes eagerly awaiting necks. Necks of congressmen, supreme court judges and other government shills. I just hope the time comes soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Robonakka

Of course, the Contract for America was a cynical political move, like the Tea Party... Authors included (the now disgraced) Tom Delay, Gingrich and Boehner... two of the most political politicians out there... it was basically a Reagan speech used to push ideas from the Heritage Foundation... and was about as cynical as possible...

Awful stuff..

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The "constitutionalists" are the same ones who want to use government to augment corporate power,
crush gay rights and force religion on American.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join