It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul = DISAPPOINTMENT!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTimeIsNow

Again, him running as a third party would not of worked. Point 1. He would not have been on any of the National TV Debates (just like Gary Johnson). Point 2. He might not have been on the ballot in all 50 states

Now, considering his run in 2008, I think he thought he had a chance in 2012 on the Republican ballot, and he was actually closer than anyone would of thought to defeat Romney.

His legacy is certainly in the place in History but you may want to not be so disappointed and be thankfull that someone has finally shown alot of people the truths that most people just dont want to look at.

For me, I am grateful for people like Ron Paul, Ross Perot, and Gary Johnson regardless of there party affiliation. Keep the movement going and teach those around you who they are. I have personally talked to maybe 100-200 people about Ron Paul (mostly his concepts and some "hey, look at this guy"). Some people didnt want to hear it but some over the years have actually changed there mind as most of what he has said over the years has come true.

If Ron Paul was talken out of his a** I would have wrote him off a long time ago.

edit on 11-11-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I agree, if he's running in 2016 it will only be because it's his full time job, to run for president every 4 years no matter what, there have to be loop holes on selling merchandise, he rolled over like a dead fish for the past 3 months, because his mission was already accomplished, raise funds, it's not like he's raising money to fight cancer

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Been out of town this past week, and am only now checking on the election results....

enight.elections.myflorida.com...

Sure would like to know how it is that both my wife's and my own write-in votes for Ron Paul apparently have not been included in the tally.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The media decides who will run and who will get any airtime to get their message across. Thus, the media decides to keep the two party system in place, and the people polarised.
Without the platform that the two main parties get, and a chance at equal debate time, nobody else stands a chance of getting into power. Add to that the treatment of Ron Paul even when he was allowed any airtime in the early days leading up to the party nomination, and we see how things are stacked against anyone other thamn those chosen by the corporate world.

In summary, we get to choose only from the two main parties. In the UK we have 3, allegedly, but the 3rd one is never going to hold power and is there to simply give the illusion of choice and to prop up whatever of the 2 main parties needs their support for a coalition.

Anyone from outside, and not under the control or influence of the big money interests, is never going to be allowed to hold power, let alone even try as it would end the nice little status quo that has ruled us for so long.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
AMERICAN VOTERS = DISAPPOINTMENT!

edit: (although it was probably rigged haha!)
edit on 12-11-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
RP was all in it for himself and his family.

He hired them and paid them huge salaries
He raised money even when not active campaigning
His top individual donor was a Bilderberg steering committee member

And he set up Rands political ticket.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

edit on 12-11-2012 by TopClass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I completely agree with the OP. I have no faith in Mr. Paul anymore after this year's failure. He should have run 3rd party and everyone knew it. He took our money and ran away from the race with it. He knew he would not get the republican nomination but still he tried. What a fool. Everyone knew who Ron Paul was this year and I believe he would have received 5% or more of the vote.

Once he dropped out and Gary Johnson appeared in his place, many Ron Paul supporters became Romney supporters by default.

Ron Paul get a huge

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTimeIsNow
With all that said I am EXTREMELY ANGRY AND DISAPPOINTED AT Ron Paul.

His refusal to run 3rd party in this years presidential election set the American people back tremendously.

I was disappointed as well, we all were.

A Third Party run would have been GLORIOUS.

Ron Paul appears to be another "same ole same ole" politician talking his talk but continuously failing to delver the goods.

Now you know this isn’t true. Ron Paul has always voted exactly as he said he would. Hes never wavered from his principles, he cant be bought by lobbyists or pressured by the Party. And hes proven this over a period of 25 years.

Also looking at his service it sure appears to me that Mr. Paul is a CAREER POLITICIAN.

Nope. Actually he was a Medical Doctor for 30 years before he entered politics.

I still like most of your positions on issues but my support for you is near its end.

My support, admiration and quite frankly, my love (yes I love Ron Paul, no homo) will never fade. Ron Paul is a living legend. He has done more for the freedom movement than anyone could have imagined. He has set an example for every man let alone every politician.

Ron Paul’s ideals should be studied, his books read and his philosophies understood. Ron Paul should be emulated by every person on this planet.

He had the establishment SCARED crapless.

All praise RON PAUL. All glory be to Ron Paul.

God bless Ron Paul.

Just a small reminder:

edit on 12-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I was very shocked he didn't throw some weight behind Gary Johnson...

I have lots of respect for Gary Johnson, as he supported Ron Paul in the Festival in Tampa and was going to speak there......and Ron kind of snubbed everyone, I think Jesse Benton was a cancer to the campaign to start with...although Rand didn't help either

Ron let me down, I knew he would never win, although I hoped so.....but he really left the poltical scene very abruptly, no real thanks to his supporters......it didn't look good.

edit on 12-11-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
but arnt the elections just all show to keep the sheeple think they have freedom.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

My question to you is did you at any time see how Ron Paul was rail roaded by the media?

His path was predetermined to fail no matter what he did. The machine is too big. There are no fluffy white clouds and rainbows with unicorns. It's grey and ugly. And it's not going to get better without a event of biblical proportions.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

Like the good Republican he is.....he gave it to the RNC. I agree 100% with your post. He stayed in he's parties lines & did exactly what his party wanted him to do. He goes AWOL for the last 8 weeks and two day's after the election he starts stirring the crap. I have lost all respect for Mr.Paul. His failure to run third party was the straw that broke my back. It shows his un-dying support for the RNC. Anything he say's from now on...Is irrelevent. Means nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Yup. And the least he could have done was endorse Gary Johnson, who was unequivocal and instantaneous in his response that he would pick RP as his vice presidential candidate if he got the nomination.

I live in New Mexico and I didn't even hear that. That shows you how well the media ignored GJ. Maybe if he had said "I will choose Ron Paul as my VP, and if elected, I will resign my office so that Ron Paul may become President."

I would have voted for him then.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

blame the GOP's MASSIVE illegal activity to which dozens of reps should be serving time for, but really now how many reps have conducted treasonous and criminal activity for their party or corporations and gone to jail or faced a military tribunal....nope they get busted for sex scandals

Even if he had run 3rd party he would have been marginalized by the media, and neither party would have given him any play. It would have turned out this way no matter what we did but at least we tried, which means now that we know the right course of actions wont work the only thing left is a revolution, and nobody wants to fire the first shot on our side because we care about each other and don't want to endanger our friends and family, it will go on until the abuses reach that point to which we no longer care about the repercussions of violence. I'd give it another 10 years.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Now all you folks know.

This is what happens when you make threads without understanding the facts surrounding the situation.

Ron Paul said it HIMSELF. Running independent was not out of the question but was mainly concerned about not getting ballot access in MANY states.

Now, aside from what Ron Paul said, there is Rand. If Ron goes outside the party, he ruins any chance of Rand Paul becoming president in 2016 and getting us the hell out of Afghanistan and finally balancing the damn budget.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
What did Ron Paul do with all that money?

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Stop trolling.

All of the presidential campaign funds are tracked on the F.E.C.'s website. Not only Ron Paul but every presidential campaign.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You knew about Ron Paul long before I did, but you so happen to forget that RP was originally a 'republican'. The idea this time around was to reform the party to the way it was suppose to be. And if you looked at some of the things he's said, he already mentioned how he didnt run well with all the beliefs that the libertarian party runs with,

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
RP was all in it for himself and his family.

He hired them and paid them huge salaries
He raised money even when not active campaigning
His top individual donor was a Bilderberg steering committee member

And he set up Rands political ticket.

I already called you out in another thread and you never EVER responded.

Huge salaries? Oh I guess you've never heard of campaign reimbursements.

Raised money when not actively campaigning? You mean state conventions win themselves? especially when your enemies is the establishment GOP? Oh ok, if you can do it for free, please share with me your special formula so I can use it in 2016.

You mean Peter Theil? The GAY LIBERTARIAN INTERNET Billionaire? Gee, I don't think I can think of even THREE reasons why he supported and donated to a pro-Ron Paul PAC.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've had my disappointments with ron paul but the fact remains if you are disappointed you at least know who he is, so he at least made that impact, and it also proves you can't put all your hope marbles with one person no matter how great. I still think his philosophy is spot on, we need more, not less ron paul's, but maybe ron paul's who are not afraid of the C word.
edit on 12-11-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join