It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul = DISAPPOINTMENT!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have known about Ron Paul since 2000, when I was a little E-4 in United States Air Force.

I even changed my party affiliation this past year to vote for him in the 2012 California republican primary.

With all that said I am EXTREMELY ANGRY AND DISAPPOINTED AT Ron Paul.

His refusal to run 3rd party in this years presidential election set the American people back tremendously.

A 3rd party needed to get at least 5% of the popular vote to get federal campaign funding for 2016. This could of began the shift away from a two party system.

DO THINK ALL THINK RON PAUL COULD NOT OF ACCOMPLISHED THAT?!?!?!

For all his talk about changing politics in America he failed to deliver once again. I don't care if he wanted the republican nomination SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO SACRIFICE YOUR GOALS for the betterment of the whole group.

Ron Paul appears to be another "same ole same ole" politician talking his talk but continuously failing to delver the goods.

Also looking at his service it sure appears to me that Mr. Paul is a CAREER POLITICIAN.

Ron you have yet again let the American People down.

I still like most of your positions on issues but my support for you is near its end.

edit on 11/11/2012 by TheTimeIsNow because: EDITS

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What did Ron Paul do with all that money?

Hmmmmmmmmm?

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTimeIsNow

Ron you have yet again let the American People down.

Yeah,
The other 300+ million people in the US don't have any responsibility over the present political climate.
Not voting or only voting straight ticket. Lousy attendance in state and local elections and allowing sound bites on TV and superficial matters to decide who to vote on.

Damn Ron Paul.
All his fault.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yup. And the least he could have done was endorse Gary Johnson, who was unequivocal and instantaneous in his response that he would pick RP as his vice presidential candidate if he got the nomination.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Do you really think he would have gotten any press time from the media if he would have run 3rd party? Start asking people who Gary Johnson is and see how many know.

My bet is not many.

The only reason you know who he is now is because he ran Republican.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Where did I EVER say it was all Ron Paul's fault

But he is an elected official who had the power to make a significant change and he refused to do so...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I love how ur post is about Ron Paul letting you down but not once in your post do you mention Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, Nixon, Carter, Pelosi, Bernanke, Greenspan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Clinton, etc.

Its very unfortunate how you may not understand why RP decided to run republican. Seeing how you first heard about him in 2000 you may not know that he also ran for President as an Independant as well. Didnt work out for him that time either.

If you watch his speeches, he is partly the reason that Gary Johnson got 1% of the vote in this election. Over the years, especially after 9/11, the problem is everything that is a beacon of information has been consolidated. Look at this way, if RP didnt run for President the last two times, there might be another 5-10 million people who still would have no idea that the Federal Reserve is actually not part of the Government.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Do you really think he would have gotten any press time from the media if he would have run 3rd party? Start asking people who Gary Johnson is and see how many know.

My bet is not many.

Yes I know this as I sent out a mass text on my phone when i turned in my vote for Gary Johnson out of the 70+ response 5 said good job and only one knew about the 5% factor. and the rest said, "Who is that?"

I do know a lot of clueless sheep, but they all know who Ron Paul is!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

But he is an elected official who had the power to make a significant change and he refused to do so...

So... you're not saying it's his fault but you're saying he's completely at fault.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

Spent it on the $10,000 a minute ads just to try and compete with the 100's of millions per month spent by the other two top tier candidates. How much overall did RP raise?? I think he was happy when he got 10 million dollars for the money bombs which were maybe 1 every 2 months. The other candidates were raising 100 million for the month.

Your question should be, what are the other candidates doing with that money. Nice that you look at RP and say he is doing something wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

So... you're not saying it's his fault but you're saying he's completely at fault.

If that is how you want to look at it so be it...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

My bet is not many.

Again I KNEW ABOUT HIM in 2000! READ PLEASE

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The shear fact is the only reason so many people now know who he is is because he ran Republican. Had he ran under a different platform, his views either wouldn't coincide or he wouldn't get airtime.
edit on 11-11-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTimeIsNow

So, one Congressman who has basically the total opposite ideals of everyone else in Congress can make this huge difference?? Your right!!! He did and will continue to do a huge service for this Country when he retires. He will continue to tell as many people as he can the true problems we face as a Whole. Not little sound bites about something that only effects maybe 2% of the People.

The fact is, most would of voted for him but the "wasted vote" thing started very early in the Republican party but low and behold it looks like the wasted vote was on Romney. Guess who will say that in front of the MSNBC's, CNN's, Fox's, etc. NO ONE!!!! Romney was the wasted vote. Obama was the wasted vote. Ronald Mcdonald, Exxxon, Comcast, BP, Wall Street, thats the true vote in this Country.

California had a Proposition about Corporations and Unions being able to take money out of your paycheck to give to Political Partys and the People in Cali decided to say "go ahead, take my Money cuz apparently you, the Unions and Corporations know more than us who to vote for". How dumb is that. Unreal.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ron was never going to get in, but what he did was spread his message of revolution and inspired entire generations.

Its now up to us

link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by hoochymama
I love how ur post is about Ron Paul letting you down but not once in your post do you mention Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, Nixon, Carter, Pelosi, Bernanke, Greenspan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Clinton, etc.

Its very unfortunate how you may not understand why RP decided to run republican. Seeing how you first heard about him in 2000 you may not know that he also ran for President as an Independant as well. Didnt work out for him that time either.

If you watch his speeches, he is partly the reason that Gary Johnson got 1% of the vote in this election. Over the years, especially after 9/11, the problem is everything that is a beacon of information has been consolidated. Look at this way, if RP didnt run for President the last two times, there might be another 5-10 million people who still would have no idea that the Federal Reserve is actually not part of the Government.

Jesus H Mother trucking christo!

its 2012 the internet, facebook, twitter, YouTube, smartphones PEOPLE KNOW who is Ron Paul is

He could have gotten 10 million votes!!!!!!!

I did know about 1988 too, ya see when I said I learned about him in 2000 I did this thing called RESEARCH.

I am not talking about past politicians I am talking about now NOW, those people have no bearing on the fact that he could have gotten 5% this election DO YOU FN LOVE THAT A-hole?

The shear fact is the only reason so many people now know who he is is because he ran Republican. Had he ran under a different platform, his views either coincide or he wouldn't get airtime.
edit on 11-11-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

This has no bearing the fact is he is known, and many people agree with him no matter if they are repub or democrat, again do you think he would not get 5% of the vote?

Gary Johnson James P. Gray Libertarian 1,195,382 0.98%

uselectionatlas.org...

link   

My bet is not many.

Again I KNEW ABOUT HIM in 2000! READ PLEASE

Okay but I didn't know this thread was all about you. There are many, including myself, who didn't know who he was before 2008.

link   
I don't think RP could have ran effectively on a third-party ticket. I wanted him to bail from the GOP, but realized after a little research that it would be very difficult for him to get on the ballot in all 50 states so close to the election.

I fell ya...I really do. Even though RP did not run third-party, he played a huge roll in exposing a corrupt system and bringing awareness to more people that we could have hoped.

So in the end it's still a positive, even though Obama is in office and Ron Paul is not picking out a new rug for the Oval Office.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Most people have never heard of Gary Johnson (still) because there was a total blackout by the MSM on him; the RNC was terrified that people would hear about him and compare him to their favored king of the clown car, Mitt Romney.

Only the true political junkies knew about him but it's a start. He'll still be around in four years but this year was really the last chance RP had; he's getting too old for this game.

But to the OP's point, I agree that some of RP's behavior including the amount of money used to hire relatives rather than professional campaign operatives, has had me going 'hmmmm' a few times.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join