It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul = DISAPPOINTMENT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by TheTimeIsNow

So, one Congressman who has basically the total opposite ideals of everyone else in Congress can make this huge difference?? Your right!!! He did and will continue to do a huge service for this Country when he retires. He will continue to tell as many people as he can the true problems we face as a Whole. Not little sound bites about something that only effects maybe 2% of the People.

The fact is, most would of voted for him but the "wasted vote" thing started very early in the Republican party but low and behold it looks like the wasted vote was on Romney. Guess who will say that in front of the MSNBC's, CNN's, Fox's, etc. NO ONE!!!! Romney was the wasted vote. Obama was the wasted vote. Ronald Mcdonald, Exxxon, Comcast, BP, Wall Street, thats the true vote in this Country.

California had a Proposition about Corporations and Unions being able to take money out of your paycheck to give to Political Partys and the People in Cali decided to say "go ahead, take my Money cuz apparently you, the Unions and Corporations know more than us who to vote for". How dumb is that. Unreal.

i voted against the measure

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Originally posted by TheTimeIsNow

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Do you really think he would have gotten any press time from the media if he would have run 3rd party? Start asking people who Gary Johnson is and see how many know.

My bet is not many.

The only reason you know who he is now is because he ran Republican.

Again I KNEW ABOUT HIM in 2000! READ PLEASE

Okay but I didn't know this thread was all about you. There are many, including myself, who didn't know who he was before 2008.

um you said "The only reason YOU know who he is now is because he ran Republican." I was simply implying that I knew about him before.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Im not talking about research, Im talking about the way you post that RP is the Disappointment. Hes a damn revolution. Learning and actually living it are two different things. Did you see Gary Johnson in the debates?? Did you see any funding go to Gary Johnson?? NOOOOO. There is a reason, which you would of learned doing your research, WHY RP ran as a Republican. He was in all the debates on National TV. Gary Johnson was on some obscure Web Cast with two other people I have never heard about.

We were in a much worse position before RP decided to run Republican. That was his only choice. Sorry it looks like he was a disappointment to you but if your arent involved in Government you have no idea how hard it is to run for Mayor, City Councel in some small town, etc. But to run for President in the way things are ran now it isn't as easy as you try to make it seem.

Do some research, say from 1850's and forward for example, and you will see there might have been 10+ candidates with almost the same chance at winning and some pretty funny named Parties as well. Look up the Wig Party.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So you see how easily you were outvoted and yet it's Ron Paul's fault that nothing of importance came of this election.

I'll refer you to the story of a man named Ross Perot, who

In the 1992 election, he received 18.9% of the popular vote, approximately 19,741,065 votes (but no electoral college votes), making him the most successful third-party presidential candidate in terms of the popular vote since Theodore Roosevelt in the 1912 election.[35]

and yet, we still have a "two-party" system.

Public funding for a party isn't going to get you anywhere when your votes are spread too thin to get you any electoral votes. The Democrat/Republican Paradigm is so ingrained in this system that it has become (barring a complete collapse of the GOP in the near future) unbreakable; and even then, it would likely be replaced by another "two-party" system, because choice is hard.
edit on 11/11/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I think alot of the hiring the relative thing was trust. Who would/should he hire?? Its tough. He knew that speech writers wouldnt be that big of deal cuz he has been doing speeches on the same thing for 20 years.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

So you see how easily you were outvoted and yet it's Ron Paul's fault that nothing of importance came of this election.

I'll refer you to the story of a man named Ross Perot, who

In the 1992 election, he received 18.9% of the popular vote, approximately 19,741,065 votes (but no electoral college votes), making him the most successful third-party presidential candidate in terms of the popular vote since Theodore Roosevelt in the 1912 election.[35]

and yet, we still have a "two-party" system.

Was the 5% factor in affect then?

He is a disappointment for the simple reason that he could have got federal funding for a 3rd party campaign.

I am not talking about anything else but that for that simple but very huge thing he is a disappointment.
edit on 11/11/2012 by TheTimeIsNow because: EDITs

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I agree with his foreign policy but other than that

I think he's just a senile old man with his head stuck up Ayn Rand's behind

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I agree with TheLieWeLive. Many people, myself included, had no clue who Ron Paul before the year leading up to the 2012 election. I didn't even participate in politics as much as I do now. Ron Paul was an inspiration to many people to actually start caring about the state of the country and keeping an eye on the snakes that try to weasel their way into our cabinet and our POTUS.

If it weren't for Ron Paul, many people would not have cared who won the 2012 election. He exposed what he needed to expose, and although he was never bound to win, he did what he did, and it worked.

He's sort of like Alex Jones. Many people criticize him but be honest. How much people would be on ATS today if it weren't for Alex Jones.
edit on 11-11-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Based on his performance in the popular vote in 1992, Perot was entitled to receive federal election funding for 1996. Perot remained in the public eye after the election and championed opposition to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), urging voters to listen for the "giant sucking sound" of American jobs heading south to Mexico should NAFTA be ratified.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Ross Perot (interesting they have the same Initials) had the best chance to tilt the balance. Most if not all of the rules about debates, being on the ballot, etc. came becuz of Ross Perot ALMOST making the Country look at another Party other than R or D. It should be treason on the parts of the R's and the D's to be able to run every election the way they want to.

Look, the so called fundraising going on in these elections should be treason as well. Over $100 million for both partys in a month?? Crazy!!!! Sickening!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Based on his performance in the popular vote in 1992, Perot was entitled to receive federal election funding for 1996. Perot remained in the public eye after the election and championed opposition to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), urging voters to listen for the "giant sucking sound" of American jobs heading south to Mexico should NAFTA be ratified.

my bad

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

That he did, and nearly 20% of the voting public saw the wisdom in his proposals.

Yet here we are. Still on the f#ing carousel.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You have a very limited view. So, who did Bush use as a motivation or someone he looked at as a point of view for his beliefs. Who did Clinton look to?? Who did Obama look to??

I am sure, if you have some sort of outlook on Economic Policy, Foreign Policy, Social Policy, etc. you might look as some previous examples and extrapolate your views from those examples.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

And we will continue to be if the Corporations have a hand in the Election going forward. Like I posted earlier, California had on the ballot a way to get rid of the Union influence (money) and Corporations and it voted down.

I think it directly relates to the Public School System.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I agree with TheLieWeLive. Many people, myself included, had no clue who Ron Paul before the year leading up to the 2012 election. I didn't even participate in politics as much as I do now. Ron Paul was an inspiration to many people to actually start caring about the state of the country and keeping an eye on the snakes that try to weasel their way into our cabinet and our POTUS.

If it weren't for Ron Paul, many people would not have cared who won the 2012 election. He exposed what he needed to expose, and although he was never bound to win, he did what he did, and it worked.

He's sort of like Alex Jones. Many people criticize him but be honest. How much people would be on ATS today if it weren't for Alex Jones.
edit on 11-11-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Alex Jones is a fear monger he says some relevant things but his constant attention whoring and fear mongering are downright loathsome.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So, Alex Jones is your new disappointment?? Not sure what the actual focus on this thread is as your the OP. Dont diminish your mindset to one person and maybe look at your local Congressman, Mayor, Gov., City Council, etc.

Those people will show you more than Ron Paul will ever show you. Ron Paul and Alex Jones are from Texas. Where are you from?? They have different views cuz there from different places.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So, Alex Jones is your new disappointment?? Not sure what the actual focus on this thread is as your the OP. Dont diminish your mindset to one person and maybe look at your local Congressman, Mayor, Gov., City Council, etc.

Those people will show you more than Ron Paul will ever show you. Ron Paul and Alex Jones are from Texas. Where are you from?? They have different views cuz there from different places.

I never liked ALex Jones i feel he is a fake and all about the money (thought I cud be wrong), the thread can evolve and talk about other things ya know (gawd are you a tightwad or what)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

LOL...not really a tighwad (??) but just pointing out your not really looking at the source. Your thread title is Ron Paul = DISAPPOINTMENT! It could of said Obama = DISAPPOINTMENT! It could of said many things.

Than, when someone brings up Alex Jones, you get the idea. Expand your thoughts, how ever you want, and I am sure someone here will either agree with you or disagree. I happen to disagree, and trust me I am no tight wad. LOL.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

LOL...not really a tighwad (??) but just pointing out your not really looking at the source. Your thread title is Ron Paul = DISAPPOINTMENT! It could of said Obama = DISAPPOINTMENT! It could of said many things.

Than, when someone brings up Alex Jones, you get the idea. Expand your thoughts, how ever you want, and I am sure someone here will either agree with you or disagree. I happen to disagree, and trust me I am no tight wad. LOL.

Fine your not a tightwad I apologize. But Ron Paul has disappointed me and a lot of others as well by not running 3rd party

THAT IS A FACT.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes, there are many disappointed people out there, but we also gained a lot of positive things out of Ron Paul's last run for president.

We may not have RP in office, but we need to focus on and capitalize on those positives so that the work RP, and others, has done will not be wasted.

edit on 11-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join