It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, they can't say this one was an explosives magazine explosion.

link   
I cant see one house and gas explosion doing this much, they stated over a block in every direction. I wonder if it was space junk slamming into ground or house.

for one we had a 150x300ft Machine shed explode from an LP leak a few years back across the lake and it WAS NOT this powerful.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Trillium

Good God... That explains the careful language on a few topics. They had that to look at while choosing words. :eek:

Maybe a massive gas explosion? They do go enormous when they have time to build up. The Google street view looks like a real nice neighborhood and it's a ceremonial gate guard for the subdivision across from them. It could just be a HUGE accident like the blast in Oakland awhile back"

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

I'm glad you posted a photo.. I was just about to state people get on and see those help make conclusions. There are quite a few more photos with a lot of destruction posted. It's big whatever it is/was.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
why are they talking about making a forcible entry ??
evac maybe ?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yeah... They are still finishing house to house searching for every house in the subdivision. I didn't catch the address she was at but at least one blown out window there. This late, it must have been out a distance from the center..

BTW.... Thats DHS 1 as the 3rd call sign. It sounded like the same as the earlier DHS 12 though. Probably just changed call signs when he assumed command.

link   
well people are dead according to the scanner reports. coroner office just requested. and this does fit the story for a large gas explosion. there was one in allentown pennsylvania in 2011 that completely destroyed 2 houses and set the rest of the entire block on fire.

link   
reply to post by Honor93

I live less then a mile south of the explosion. I spoke to the police who had closed sherman. They told me that it may have been a plane crash. Greenwood Municipal Airport is just south of the explosion the approach to land is over those homes.

Second person to claim a police officer offered up the idea of a plane crash. Seems even they are being told different things. This is odd!!
edit on 11-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

good possibility and i did catch Alcona ? mentioned a few times.
i am totally not familiar with the area and thanks to both you and Trillium for posting map/pics.

wow, it looks a lot worse than it's been sounding.
i sure hope ppl got out before it became an inferno.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yeah, Alcona runs along the back side of the street this happened on, Fieldfare is the street it happened on...toward the south end of the street.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
From the pictures, it looks like something above ground obliterated the houses. The newscasters even stated how tornado-like the destruction looks. This could have been a meteorite, if it wasn't a (very large) plane.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by Honor93

I live less then a mile south of the explosion. I spoke to the police who had closed sherman. They told me that it may have been a plane crash. Greenwood Municipal Airport is just south of the explosion the approach to land is over those homes.

Second person to claim a police officer offered up the idea of a plane crash. Seems even they are being told different things. This is odd!!
edit on 11-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)
thanks for that ... i was wondering where the plane theory came from.
i would think plane wreckage would be evident ... at least to the "arson" team.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
this may sound stupid but wouldn't it be pretty obvious if a jetliner crashed into a neighborhood by now? people would have found bodies, debris, and luggage by now and posted pics of it all over fb and twitter. there would be no time to cordon off all of the debris field before someone snapped pics.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

Using the stats you gave me, converting the joules to watts, and using this guy's stuff, the answer is:

408,136,251,025,310,000,000 watts!

We're talking energy on the levels of a thermonuclear device. Mind you, that is using what 4.0 earthquake releases.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Capt. Rita Burris with the Indianapolis Fire Department told The Associated Press that the scene looked like something out of a war zone. “It’s really messy,” she said.

Sounds like a big deal and they admit they dont know what caused it.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Paradox1121 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by Paradox1121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ok here a good one from a facebook posted

My house shook before I heard the explosion. Is it possible there was an earthquake that could of caused the explosion?

Or something hit the ground first.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
From the pics it looks like its more serious than 3 houses burning although.

I'm following this one with interest.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
the people who are being evacuated to the elementary school are not allowed to be interviewed by the news by some higher authority.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
has anyone brought this to the attention of "Breaking News" yet ??
if not, someone should but i'd prefer it be someone other than i.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i have a question for those in the area. is there a big propane storage facility there? the big radius of the explosion being felt along with the picks posted so far remind me of the sunrise propane yard explosion in Toronto several years back.

www.youtube.com...

www.cbc.ca...

O'Hallarn said the explosion sent large pieces of metal — likely from tanks that exploded — flying into nearby streets. Homes were damaged, windows shattered and doors were ripped from their hinges. About 200 firefighters battled intense heat to fight spot fires that continued to burn into Sunday evening.

Toronto police ordered the evacuation of neighbourhoods within 1.6 kilometres of Sunrise Propane. Thousands of people living between Keele Street, Dufferin Street, Sheppard Avenue and Wilson Avenue were ordered to leave their homes.

people also felt that blast at extreem distances.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join