It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Eclipse Of The Sun; 11-13-2012 from Australia = (11-14-2012 to most of the world) Screen shots

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Solar Eclipse 2012: Moon, Sun To Put On Show For Southern Hemisphere

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Next week's sky watching treat will be the first total eclipse to be visible since July 11, 2010, when the moon blocked out the sun's disk over the open ocean waters of the South Pacific.

On 11-13-2012; as seen from Australia, there will be a total eclipse of the Sun (they have used 11-14-2012 as the date in most publications). I decided to post some stellarium.org... screen shots of this event. This will allow you to see things that are in the sky at the time it happens.

What is a Solar Eclipse?

A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon gets between the Earth and the Sun; causing the Moon to cast a shadow over the Earth (in certain locations).

Upcoming Solar Eclipses:

Nov. 13, 2012 - Total Solar Eclipse
May 10, 2013 - Annual Solar Eclipse
Nov. 3, 2013 - Hybrid Solar Eclipse

Since the only place this can be viewed is Northeastern Australia; for the purpose of this demonstration, I used Cairns Northern Beaches, Australia (located on the Northeast coast) to take my snap shots..

I used different atmospheric conditions; from an ocean view, with and without certain conditions.

Pay attention to the placement of the planets that day and where they are in certain Constellations.

I am just making amateur observations here and a demonstration.

Nice , but some annotation would help to explain the progression of the pictures.

This time, there are annotations for each picture!!

The first group of pictures is from a F.O.V. (field of view) @ 42 degrees.

Without horizon...

With ocean view...

With Constellation lines...

With Constellation names...

Without atmosphere...

Without horizon...

With ocean view and Constellation lines; no atmosphere...

With Constellation names added...

With no horizon...

This next group is from a F.O.V. @ 91 degrees.

Without horizon or atmosphere...

With Constellation lines added...

With the Constellation names added...

In my opinion (amateur), the Earth will be affected by a strong energy that day.

The Sun will be accompanied by the Moon in Libra; Venus is above with Saturn in Virgo; Just below and right above the horizon is Mercury being swatted by the Scorpion tail (with Antares); Mars is in Sagittarius directly below Scorpius.

Because of this alignment, when the Moon transitions into its "Full Phase" (10 days from now); I think there will be a major earthquake (7+) in the Australian region or very close to there. If not, I won't be disappointed.

I want to let them know ahead of time that my positive thoughts are with them and to be aware of the possibility.
Of course, this can happen anywhere anytime, I just have a strong feeling about this.

Take care and much love to all.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A lot of work to then go out on a limb and predict mag 7 + EQ, because of planets being in controversial alignment?

Nahhh.

Just an eclipse. Should be good too, if there is no cloud.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Everything was fine, nicely put until earthquake prediction with astrology involving.
Does it always have to be some kind of disaster predictions with these events?
Some time I wonder what world would be without common sense?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

If not, I won't be disappointed. glad you like the thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

And giving a heads up is a bad thing? Hey I hope I am wrong; it was something I noticed after looking at the pictures.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Seems like I see Orions Belt everywhere I look. Tell me, don't those pics look like Orions Belt?

Great pictures though. I really enjoyed it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

It is also the new moon what will we SEE.Witching hour.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

That common sense thing is something you could use some of btw. Why be in here at all, if you are not prepared to read these things. This is not a doomsday warning. It was an observation and an instinct based on those observations.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I do like the thread thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The eclipse will be in Libra

interesting .. is that when i transform into a huge monkey ?

there is an interesting theory in "Being Human"
when people look naked eye in a eclipse .. it make us see things afterward
like ghosts

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jough626

Sorry, Orion is not in this field of view.

Try this thread I believe you will see that here; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That ship already sailed.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

Good thing it is not the full moon.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Thank you. I worked diligently to put it together.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

As opposed to my last effort involving, The Mayan and the Galactic plane.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I butchered that. Deleted the pictures and no one could see them. Last time I do a thread with 47 pictures that's for sure. Lmao. The original I asked for the MOD to trash bin. Then I just posted my article. The next day I posted the pictures, again.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, what a fiasco, I got blasted again for not giving annotations and for posting 2 separate threads. Never mind I had to download the pictures 2 times to ATS; I had to download to my computer first from stellarium, re-size them first to download them to ATS. Each time I had to copy and paste each picture. It seems like it took over 400 actions to download 47 pictures.

To those that don't have a clue what goes into doing threads like this, not just done by me, but anyone; at least appreciate the effort.

I'm sure there are better ways to accomplish this, I am learning and I am far from a computer geek; been here for 3 weeks and trying to improve each day.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Great thread and thanks for the warning of a possible earthquake in Oz.

Some people are rather dismissive of your observations in relation to this possibility...but intuition based on observation...is a powerful thing.
Lets hope Oz escapes the shaking of the Earth either way your thread is excellent

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Iwent to the last solar eclipse here in australia in ceduna and there was no earthquakes from that? cheers

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Some people are rather dismissive of your observations in relation to this possibility...but intuition based on observation...is a powerful thing.

Interesting.

So perhaps you can point those that are dismissive to the notion of solar eclipses causing earthquakes towards previous events where this has happened in Australia?

That should shut them up, right?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

That's good to know. I didn't start this thread with the intention of talking about an earthquake. The thread is about the eclipse and when i saw the alignment it gave me information I wanted to share. Better I should just keep it to myself. Fortunately there are some that will read this and take it for what it was. I didn't say anything about a specific area or predict any disasters, earthquakes can happen where it doesn't cause widespread damage, but wouldn't you like to know if the possibility exist? Not that it matters, but what was the date of that eclipse you mentioned, I want to see a stellarium snap shot of it. I'll get back to when I take a look.

Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Just because it hasn't happen then you say it's not possible? and if I get a feeling about something I should just ignore it?

You must have me on your rival list.

Because of this alignment, when the Moon transitions into its "Full Phase" (10 days from now); I think there will be a major earthquake (7+) in the Australian region or very close to there. If not, I won't be disappointed. I want to let them know ahead of time that my positive thoughts are with them and to be aware of the possibility. Of course, this can happen anywhere anytime, I just have a strong feeling about this.

Some people only read what they want to read. Do not put words in my mouth, I am quite capable of articulating without your help.

If you have something of value to add or some constructive criticism feel free to share.

Take care.

Ascension211

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join