It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Eclipse Of The Sun; 11-13-2012 from Australia = (11-14-2012 to most of the world) Screen shots

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

LOL. Yeah I know. It was me being funny.

That's OK

I was more generally posting that information to all readers rather than just you. Some people don't really stop to consider the position of the moon during an eclipse, and may not realize that it is ONLY a new moon that can eclipse the Sun.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

...Because of this alignment, when the Moon transitions into its "Full Phase" (10 days from now); I think there will be a major earthquake (7+) in the Australian region or very close to there. If not, I won't be disappointed.

The alignment of Sun-Moon-Earth during and eclipse is not really that much different during an eclipse as it is during every other New Moon. EVERY New Moon passes very close to the face of the Sun EVERY month. I don't see why around the time of an eclipse that the gravitational effects would be so different as to cause earthquakes that normally would not occur during non-eclipse months...

...the difference in Sun-Moon-Earth alignment is very slight.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

...Because of this alignment, when the Moon transitions into its "Full Phase" (10 days from now); I think there will be a major earthquake (7+) in the Australian region or very close to there. If not, I won't be disappointed.

The alignment of Sun-Moon-Earth during and eclipse is not really that much different during an eclipse as it is during every other New Moon. EVERY New Moon passes very close to the face of the Sun EVERY month. I don't see why around the time of an eclipse that the gravitational effects would be so different as to cause earthquakes that normally would not occur during non-eclipse months...

I will take some more screen shots and check it out....pretty sure you are mistaken though...it wasn't about the eclipse though..it was about the placement....and what are you using for your references...just curious to know....you seem versed in this matter

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

These last pictures I took are about the transition into the full moon.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I will take some more screen shots and check it out....pretty sure you are mistaken though...it wasn't about the eclipse though..it was about the placement....and what are you using for your references...just curious to know....you seem versed in this matter

I used different months. You are correct about the sun and moon proximity, still they do change. However, where they are in the sky changes drastically along with the constellations and the planets positions.

This was never about the eclipse rather the energy surrounding the placement of certain stars and planets with the earth, moon and sun. My thread started out as an eclipse thread but when I saw this I decided to share my feelings.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join