It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misheard Song Lyrics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

A'ken LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
A LIBUDIBUDATUUUUU
a'Ken LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She is brilliant.

And thnks for the comical posts guys

CX

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I still have a recording on my phone of my daughter when she was about 5 years old singing to Celine Dion....

"I believe that the HOT DOGS go oooooooooon!"

CX.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Blinded by the light! Wrapped up like a douche up in the middle of the night! xD

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
One famous misquote is...
Jimi Hendrix
Excuse me while i kiss the sky.
Misheard as.. Excuse me while I kiss this guy

My favorite of all time! There used to be a website dedicated to misheard song lyrics that was something like "kissthisguy.com"

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I had a couple that I had wrong for YEARS...

One was from the Queen song "Don't Stop Me Now". The actual lyrics are "Two hundred degrees that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit" and the lyrics I always thought was sung was "Two hundred degrees that's why they call me Mr. Far Up High"

Another was from a Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start The Fire". The actual lyrics are "Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide" and I always thought it was "Starkweather, homicide, children of the little mind"

An honest mistake, I think..especially since I had never heard of thalidomide or it's effects...
Thalidomide

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I love Benny lava. I actually appreciate his music from self conditioning. TOO many times spent listening to this.

my favorite.

best part is at 1:33.....forward, then back......nice. The girl is insanely hot though. I put papaya there....

and then there is this one.

how's liu kang looking god? LOL

time to shoot a duck.......

edit on 12-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Elton John's Tiny Dancer:

"Hold me closer Tony Danza..."

CCR's Bad Moon Rising

"There's a bathroom on the right..."

Metallica's ONE:

"landmine has taken my sight, taken my speech, taken my HAIR AND (hearing), taken my arms, taken my legs..."

Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven:

"And there's a wino down the road..."

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
Blinded by the light! Wrapped up like a douche up in the middle of the night! xD

same song:

"little squirrely girly got my anus curly whirly..."

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This title immediately came to mind....creedence clearwater revival,

this is exactly what I had believed all these years until just recently. "Bathroom on the right"

I am happy to learn that I wasn't the only one.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, I am not familiar with that song, but yeah... that is EXACTLY what it sounded like he was singing to me, lol... even though I know it is "misheard." (Have no idea what the words SHOULD be.) Very funny because it turns out nonsensical & very entertaining!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

According to my mother, I used to sing Teddy Bear's picnic wrong. To this day, I want to say, "Catch them in their underwear"...the first real song I learned all the words to was "Tide is High" by Blondie, not very appropriate for a 4 year old eh?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
For the first few time I listened to the song, I thought that the "I ain't no military son" line in CCR's Fortunate Son was "I ain't no milk terrorist son". Still hear it sometimes.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop

This one! Haha I was looking through to see if someone posted it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Before the Internet, determining the true song lyrics could be a real pain, especially since locally manufactured records and tapes often didn't include the lyrics in the packaging.

Working out the music was sometimes easier than deciphering the song lyrics.

It's strange how the habit sticks, and still today some people prefer to sing along: "The ants are blowin' in the wind" to Bob Dylan, or "Livin' over there" (to Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a prayer").

However, the worst artist to understand was Michael Jackson.
Almost everybody will sing something to "Billie Jean" or "Smooth Criminal", but hardly anyone gets it right, even people who do great lip-synching and Michael Jackson impressions.

So in homage to the Prince of Pop, here are some of the funniest misheard lyrics ever:

Billie Jean:

Earth song:

Despite the humor concerning mishearing nowadays, I recall reading somewhere that spelling mistakes and mishearing in the past are very important to historians and linguists who are researching pronunciation before the first recording devices.
Ironically misspelling and mishearing are phonetic clues to how English was actually pronounced in previous centuries.
edit on 13-11-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
reply to post by Timely

A'ken LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
A LIBUDIBUDATUUUUU
a'Ken LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She is brilliant.

And thnks for the comical posts guys

edit on 15-11-2012 by Timely because: She luub u loong time !

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join