It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So your family didn't take advantage of the genocide and ethnic cleansing of the indigenous people of North America? You do realize that just by living here, you all did take advantage of this.

^^^Exactly!!!!!
My ancestors immigrated to WI from the Scandinavian countries shortly before the Civil War and within less than 10 years of becoming citizens fought for the North in the Civil War and none of them EVER owned any slaves or killed any Indians directly. In fact, my according to my 101 yr old grandmother my great-great-grandparents and greatparents secretly allowed the Native Americans to live and hunt in the woods behind the old farmhouse even though it was off reservation, and help themselves to the crops because they were simply EMBARRASSED and ASHAMED when they arrived and started learning that the land wasn't quite as "wide open" as the stories they heard back in Norway and that THEIR ABILITY TO HOMESTEAD was only possible due to the US Calvary forcibly relocating the original inhabitants into concentration camps called "reservations".

And you know what? She says they still always had enough food, the wigwams never hurt anything, and in the end it was a damn good thing they did what was right by those people to the best of their ability. Because in the fall of 1918 when the Spanish Flu hit Wisconsin it killed my Grandmothers older brother and HER grandparents (the original immigrants) and hit both her Mother and Father at harvest time leaving my 7 yr old Grandmother as the only one in the house to care for two sick adults and her three YOUNGER siblings (including an infant).

...guess who stopped by to help harvest the crops, stock the cellar with dried venison and smoked fish, nurse the adults back to health, help to tend to the livestock, and bury the dead? It was those stubborn old Indians who were living behind the farm illegally who just REFUSED to "modernize", of course. How is that for brass balls? A Native American knowingly and willfully exposing themselves to one of the NASTIEST European crowd-diseases of all time in order to do what is right for the family took responsibility to the best of their ability for the actions of the white people who came before them.

Good thing my ancestors who immigrated here had the decency to feel a little shame and embarrassment once they learned the truth about why there was all this surplus land laying around in the Americas, huh?

Those Indians that lived behind the old farmhouse (which is still in our family to this day) didn't PERSONALLY blame them from immigrating from Norway a hundred years after the white man began pushing the Native American to the West. They realized that my great-great-grandpappy Peder didn't personally sign the Indian Removal Act. But they RESPECTED the fact that he at least had a conscience, and recognized that he was BENEFITTING from THEIR LOSS, and did what was in his power to make amends the best he could.

The lesson? Feeling some shame and embarrassment for the screwing that white america has given the rest of the world over the years isn't a weakness...it's a strength. It shows that you have a conscience and aren't a selfish, greedy, animal.

And it also might just save the lives of your entire family someday. I can't imagine they would have been quite as eager to expose themselves to deadly diseases which they knew full well they probably didn't have any immunity to in order to help my 7-yr old Grandmother if they had been whining about how picked on the white people were.
edit on 12-11-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
1. I do think he said it as a joke.

2. If any white person thinks this is racist they need to get over themselves.

it doesn't matter. For blacks to complain about racism it sure if funny how they play both sides of the f**king fence. I'm sick and tired of it. Growing up with an adopted black brother i've seen first hand real racism and it came from blacks. He was just another cracker, house ni**er and a ton of other things. You know what that can do to someone? It's bull and racism will always be around as long and there are people like this. You are ignorant to say this is just a joke and we need to move on get over ourselves. If someone would have went on tv with a big smile saying the white house is finally back to being white it wouldn't be a joke right?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by timetothink

Stop projecting. There is nothing delusional about acknowledging the the social make up at the time. Acknowledging the fact that AA's and other cultures were developing a strong sense of identity and confidence in the 1900s and that may have intimidated the whites of that day. There is nothing delusional about acknowledging the fact that AA's were gaining a strong passion in academics and were beginning to understand the political realm and how things work.

This probably intimidated the whites of that day to such a degree, that they decided to change the name to the white house officially. Whenever a lower ranking male threatens a higher ranking male, what does the male do? They engage in acts of dominance to remind the perceived lower ranking male that they run the show, and this may have been the case with the white house.

And you are correct, they did continue to call it the executive's Mansion until the 1900s, but why the sudden change? You've been referring to it as the Executive's Mansion for all these years and then all of a sudden you want to make the name 'white house' official? Why is this?

When one takes into account the social make-up during those times, the racial divide, the outright hatred for the AA, one will begin to understand why it given that name. And once again, it may have been named the white house because of its color, but you have to be naive to believe that that was the only reason.

I'm going to stop here because I'm taking this thread off topic.

wow, just wow. I don't even have words for this. Malcolm X would roll over in his grave if he read this.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
I have seen you push your views of religion around like YOUR right and there is no other way but yours,

Oh really? Where exactly did I say what my views of religion are and that my view is the only one that is right. Either you are a total liar or you just see what you want to see ... it's one or the other. Either way, you are wrong.

Something that is also a symptom of white America,

1 - That's anti-white racism on your part.
2 - You don't know the ethnic makeup of my family.
If you did .. you wouldn't have tried to pull this tactic of yours ..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
So your family didn't take advantage of the genocide and ethnic cleansing of the indigenous people of North America? You do realize that just by living here, you all did take advantage of this..

No. That's dead wrong. Also - you don't know the ethnic makeup of my family or when any of them actually got here. So for you to make a blanket statement ASSUMING that me and my family are some kind of rich pure white Mayflower type ... that's a mistake on your part.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Seriously, my fellow white folk who want to cry and whine about reverse racism, GET OVER YOURSELVES AND IT.

Seriously, racism .. NO MATTER WHO DOES IT .. isn't something to just ignore and 'get over it'. Be it white on black OR black on white or whatever ... It's all SUCKY and deserves to be called what it is .. not ignored. No double standards allowed. That's hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's almost like this thread is been hijacked by the black panthers in the last few pages, all spouting about how repressed blacks were over a 100+ years ago as a excuse for the racism towards white people, i though america moved on from that dark era, none of you or the rest of us was even alive in those days.

Ending racism in all its forms is important for a advancing culture, and yes even just harmless jokes, america will never socially evolve.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
.."reverse racism" is a myth and a non-issue perpetuated by a bunch of whining, pathetic, crybabies, who quite frankly are an embarrassment to white people everywhere.

:shk: You are cherry picking racism ... so sad. There are racists everywhere .. in EVERY ethnic group. Ignorant hate knows no boundries. To pretend it doesn't exist is absurd ...
Stunning Study on Anti-White Racism in America.
New Black Panther Field Marshal Quotes .. all anti-white rhetoric
Racist black woman rants against whites
Discrimination Against White People in America Exposed
Media Covers Black Hate Crimes Against Whites
MSNBC - Courts see a growing number of reverse discrimination cases
SCOTUS Sotomayor Upheld Promoting Low Scoring Black over High Scoring White Firefighters
There are plenty of these stories. Google is your friend.

Grow up and quit whining. It's pathetic.

Grow up and educate yourself. It's pathetic.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have seen you push your views of religion around like YOUR right and there is no other way but yours,

Oh really? Where exactly did I say what my views of religion are and that my view is the only one that is right. Either you are a total liar or you just see what you want to see ... it's one or the other. Either way, you are wrong.

LOL that's funny FF I read your post religiously, you never do that,

Maybe he is thinking of me, lol

edit on 103030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Seriously, my fellow white folk who want to cry and whine about reverse racism, GET OVER YOURSELVES AND IT.

That is ridiculous to accept any sort of racism, or bigotry.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

LOL that's funny FF I read your post religiously, you never do that,

Seriously.
There are a couple of people on here who go around telling lies about what others post. It's really obnoxious. I don't think I even have a freak'n religion so how on earth can my religion supposedly be the 'only way' ... unfreak'n believable.

I'm finding this thread very sad. Unfortunately, it's also a bit predictable. Racism is racism. There are people in all of races who engage in it. No race is exempt from experiencing it or from engaging in it. White people are victims of racism .. black people ... asian people ... To claim that white people don't experience racism from someone of a different race, at some point, is absurd and goes against the facts.

And the culture of victimology is apparent in this thread as well. People are telling the white folks who have experienced racism against them to 'get over it' ... and yet these same people seem to want the world to see the entire black race as a victim race .. perpetual victims .. It's absurdly hypocritical and myopic.

Whatever.

The bottom line .. the black MSNBC host was blatantly racist in his comment.
A white guy couldn't get away with saying what the said.
Perfect example of "reverse racism'. (or as I say .. just plain ol' RACISM )

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Ummm there's a reason a white man wouldn't... en.wikipedia.org... When those numbers switch sides the African Americans will have to watch what they say. Till then this argument is mute.

So what your saying in plan English is it's ok to racially insult and abuse white people, but not ok for white people to do it to black people.

Sorry son, it don't work like that, and your mindset is warped, and sounds like something a black panther would say, and i have no time for people of your mindset.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Seriously. There are a couple of people on here who go around telling lies about what others post. It's really obnoxious. I don't think I even have a freak'n religion so how on earth can my religion supposedly be the 'only way' ... unfreak'n believable.

It's called clutching straws to try and attack your character, as he has nothing left to debate with.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

There are a couple of people on here who go around telling lies about what others post. It's really obnoxious. I don't think I even have a freak'n religion so how on earth can my religion supposedly be the 'only way' ... unfreak'n believable.

How did he even manage to slip religion in there?

Don't he know AAs are religious,

Somewhere along the line people came to the conclusion only white people are religious.

weird

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sxt004

Funny that you mention Malcolm X...

But we'll leave that alone.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well I'm a white man so whats that make me? Rational?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Yes because I didn't see a problem with it there. An as a white man, a black man calling the white house a black house is not offensive. An by American law the lesser population is given a pass on things like this, I'm not saying all of it is 'right' but I am saying that they have a ton more to worry about then us so frankly I don't give a #.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

My mistake so you must not be the pro-life person I talked to a ways back. If I'm mistaken I stand corrected. An if I am then your name is extremely similar to there's. Also this wouldn't be anything recent.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Off topic but I'll clarify so you won't make the same assumption .. I am against abortion as a form of birth control (I am not against it as a medical necessity) and I am against the death penalty, however I also say that Roe v Wade is the law of the land as determined by SCOTUS and no POTUS has the power to change that ruling. So it's here to stay.

Back on topic .... (which isn't me) .... MSNBC Host making racialy charged comment ....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Very well I also have seen much of a change to your style of debate over the years, I am genuinely sorry for being a bit hasty and will regard you with much more respect in the future. FYI my name was different then. Regards, Joker.
edit on 12-11-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join