It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
That reporter is dumb!
many words he could have chosen to use but he didn't, he made that comment to get a reaction.

Looks like it worked.

i myself would have gone with.

"Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Corrupted!"

Remember, we all have white bones

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
And Toure ain't the only one either......

The Obama Cover for Newsweek’s Post-Election Issue?

I think we will be seeing and hearing a lot of this garbage until the economy sinks back into people's minds.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by kaylaluv

Umm, I think it was a joke.

Ok then, would a white man get away with that kind of joke ?

yes he would....if he was the first and only white president in the 200+ years of american history...context my friend, context.
are you for real??
illogical excuse to justify racism my friend.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by Sissel

It's a sentiment of entitlement to me, that blacky is getting one over on whitey. Does this jerk who made the comment know that Obama is half white?

Yes, because Obama was just given the white house.

No, he was voted in by a whole lot of white people...and black and latino. Something other parties have problems with....diversity.

So it is about race and not issues. The politics of "inclusion" over substance. The devaluation of diversity outside of the the party of "diversity". Its about the insecurity of demanding to own the definition of "diversity".

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

I gave you another link because I foresaw the "don't believe wiki blowback".

You are being delusional......it wasn't called the White House until the 1900, it was the executive mansion before that.

Did you skip my post? I said white power.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Stop projecting. There is nothing delusional about acknowledging the the social make up at the time. Acknowledging the fact that AA's and other cultures were developing a strong sense of identity and confidence in the 1900s and that may have intimidated the whites of that day. There is nothing delusional about acknowledging the fact that AA's were gaining a strong passion in academics and were beginning to understand the political realm and how things work.

This probably intimidated the whites of that day to such a degree, that they decided to change the name to the white house officially. Whenever a lower ranking male threatens a higher ranking male, what does the male do? They engage in acts of dominance to remind the perceived lower ranking male that they run the show, and this may have been the case with the white house.

And you are correct, they did continue to call it the executive's Mansion until the 1900s, but why the sudden change? You've been referring to it as the Executive's Mansion for all these years and then all of a sudden you want to make the name 'white house' official? Why is this?

When one takes into account the social make-up during those times, the racial divide, the outright hatred for the AA, one will begin to understand why it given that name. And once again, it may have been named the white house because of its color, but you have to be naive to believe that that was the only reason.

I'm going to stop here because I'm taking this thread off topic.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Maverick I totally agree with you. Its never racist when a black person says it. After all that's their thing. Black people continue to play the victim and they call themselves progressive?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

You're post is a total projection.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
it's just as white as it is black

maybe the root of the joke ?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

No, he was voted in by a whole lot of white people...and black and latino. Something other parties have problems with....diversity.

No he wasn't. He only won the corrupt electoral vote. He lost the popular vote to Romney. Romney was voted President by the majority of Americans as individuals. I hope that pissed off Dictator Obama big time knowing the majority of Americans didn't want him back. I had a good laugh at his expense.
edit on 11-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
He lost the popular vote to Romney. Romney was voted President by the majority of Americans as individuals. .
edit on 11-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

show your math please

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Race should have nothing to do with being the President. Anyone that voted for Obama because he's MIXED,are themselves racist! Any white person that voted out of some white guilt, or wanting "CHANGE" are stupid and ignorant! You vote for a person based on what it is they believe, whether they are a true American or not. Obama is not a true American. Obama is a puppet among many puppets!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I didn't say it was a good joke. And I didn't see the rest of the program, so I don't know what else he said about it. But I could totally see Stephen Colbert saying "the white house is now officially white again", had Romney won. And yes, he could get away with it. Cuz, it's satire, not serious.

Stephen Colbert? I served with Stephen Colbert, I knew Stephen Colbert, and talking head, you're no Stephen Colbert. Oh and the way our country has become so divided, nice way to use your platform to win friends and influence people.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

It's MSNBC .. they are absurdly hypocritical and pathetic. I don't know anyone who watches MSNBC anymore. They are a national joke. And they actually take themselves seriously ...

2. If any white person thinks this is racist they need to get over themselves.

You seriously need a reality check. :shk: It was racist.
Change the words if a white guy won ... 'tears of joy for me, the white house is staying white'.
You don't think that is racist? Double standard and hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here we go again.... blah, blah, blah.... Why do you week-minded people continue to support the real problems we have in our country, by playing into the hands of TPTB?... They know just how trivial and stupid you are and, well.... you are!

You continue to "give" unnecessary gravity to a statement made by another puppet-head, mouthpiece...a statement that means NOTHING till idiots start blathering about it and building it into the next great method of division and diversion!

God you people are stupid! Ignore the crap your god (i.e. - television) tells you and stop being a participant in the real problem...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Are people ever going to remember that Obama is only half black?
The color of his skin doesn't bother me at all -
it's the content of his character that does.

How do you think MLK would view the social climate and reality that exists today? Do you think he would be in favor of continuing Affirmative Action, for example? Do you think he would condone the way of the welfare state? Rhetorical questions true, but interesting to speculate, and pertinent to the topic at hand, I think.

To me, I keep seeing something involving spinning and graves, something like that.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Grow up. The white man has robbed, killed, tortured, oppressed, and enslaved his way to supremacy in this country. Quit whining about the "reverse racism" crap already. Crybaby.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

It's a joke, a play on words, just like a blond can say a blond joke and a Jew can joke about Jews. Not like the guy said the n word. Besides it is fine to have racial pride. Don't we see "white pride" at the Tea Party rally's? If it was a crime to have racist overtones, FOX News would be shut down.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Grow up. The white man has robbed, killed, tortured, oppressed, and enslaved his way to supremacy in this country. Quit whining about the "reverse racism" crap already. Crybaby.

I haven't robbed, killed, tortured, oppressed, and enslaved anyone, and you do realize you now openely admit you are racist towards white people, and clearly white people irritate you.

If white people bother you so much why do you live in a country dominated by whites.

Are you a member of the black panthers by any chance ?

Also, your post screams of as you say "crybaby"

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by TheMaverick

It's a joke, a play on words, just like a blond can say a blond joke and a Jew can joke about Jews. Not like the guy said the n word. Besides it is fine to have racial pride. Don't we see "white pride" at the Tea Party rally's? If it was a crime to have racist overtones, FOX News would be shut down.

The truth about the Tea Party in that regard was simply that they were mostly white. Dont think their critics heard a word they said or looked at what they wanted. Yep anytime you see a bunch of white people teaming up politicaly it cant be good.

What many that were duped about the Tea Party dont understand is that its folks that happen to be largly white who consider tax protest part of keeping the nation real. Not only were they seen as mostly white, therefore wrong for america, they were also seen as opposing taxation and thus racist because of the fear that the Tea Party would seek to limit minority subsidisation. Yet Tea Party folks dont even like the idea that their white neighbors live off the gravy train. And there is the spin.....anyone that fights taxation is the foe of the tax and spend handout types and they will be labled by same with any sort of nagitive lable if it can stop them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join