It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

I find this absolutely amazing this guy can get away with saying this..

If a white man said he was overjoyed the white house is white again, can you imagine the upraor, and heads would be rolling.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Umm, I think it was a joke.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Ok then, would a white man get away with that kind of joke ?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Even if it weren't a joke, the historical significance of it and past race relations of this country....well it is something special.

Can you imagine how much a black president means to blacks who were alive during the civil rights movement? And just all black people in general?

It was only 50 years ago black people were legally discriminated against. Most were disenfranchised until 1965.

Voting Rights Act of 1965
Civil Rights Act of 1964
Fair Housing Act 1968

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm glad society has progressed enough to allow a two term black house.. tee hee hee, see what I did there?

edit on 10-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

A joke ?
Hardly.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

This reminds me of this guys comments. Basically they cost him his career. This was in the aftermath of Katrina.

I do believe this person was serious!

Ray Nagin sure was.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

America isn't doing so well on the social scale
www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
1. I do think he said it as a joke.

2. If any white person thinks this is racist they need to get over themselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

A joke ? Hardly.

Exactly, i didn't find it funny either...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Ok then, would a white man get away with that kind of joke ?

I didn't say it was a good joke. And I didn't see the rest of the program, so I don't know what else he said about it. But I could totally see Stephen Colbert saying "the white house is now officially white again", had Romney won. And yes, he could get away with it. Cuz, it's satire, not serious.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Exactly, i didn't find it funny either...

I don't think it was a joke either.

It's a sentiment of entitlement to me, that blacky is getting one over on whitey. Does this jerk who made the comment know that Obama is half white?

Stupid comment, if anything.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You must be horribly insecure about your whiteness then....I have no clue why any white person would be offended over this.

I don't see any outrage from the actual racism spoken by the right wing politicians on here. 0, it is always a leftist that has to make a thread on it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

It's a sentiment of entitlement to me, that blacky is getting one over on whitey. Does this jerk who made the comment know that Obama is half white?

Yes, because Obama was just given the white house.

No, he was voted in by a whole lot of white people...and black and latino. Something other parties have problems with....diversity.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

You must be horribly insecure about your whiteness then

What a absolutely stupid thing to say, so i'm insecure because i don't find racism (in any form) funny..

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

No, he was voted in by a whole lot of white people...and black and latino. Something other parties have problems with....diversity.

Exactly. Given this is 2012, people need to get over themselves!

However, having lived in the deep south for the 2008 election, I do know for a fact, that quite of bit of the black folk there voted for him just based on his skin color.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
this sickens . It really does . I really really hope you people who voted for this man are not the ones 2 years from now crying over what he will do to this OR has done to this country .. half of this country and it's media heads sickens me

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoenice
this sickens . It really does . I really really hope you people who voted for this man are not the ones 2 years from now crying over what he will do to this OR has done to this country .. half of this country and it's media heads sickens me

And I really really hope you people who think Obama is the antichrist will come back and publicly admit you were wrong when Obama improves this country in the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

What a absolutely stupid thing to say, so i'm insecure because i don't find racism (in any form) funny..

This is so sad, truly, because in fact racism is still very much alive and well, living in the mind of many people.

Outright racism, or what I believe is even more disturbing, reverse racism, exists. 6 of one, or half dozen of the other....it exists.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

However, having lived in the deep south for the 2008 election, I do know for a fact, that quite of bit of the black folk there voted for him just based on his skin color.

And? A bunch of white people voted for Romney based off his skin color. And a bunch of Mormons voted for him because he was Mormon.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Because saying that the white house is black again is racist

Right.

Oh nooooooo a play on words...so racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join