It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Regardless, I do believe it was a play on words to say he was glad Obama (who IS black) won the white house. Anything wrong with being glad Obama got the white house? Oh yeah, I forgot, this is ATS.

When the excitement is over SKIN COLOR, yes. What the # is wrong with people? Since when is this obsession with skin color and power normal?

What if he was a red-head? What if someone said "the white house is staying red"? Got a problem with that? Probably not, because you know it's not BECAUSE he's red-headed - it's just a clever way of saying you're glad your favorite candidate won. You may argue about it's cleverness, but it's just a way of saying "I'm glad the guy won" - not "I'm glad he won because he's black". Get the difference?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

You may argue about it's cleverness, but it's just a way of saying "I'm glad the guy won"

No,nonononono. You're not allowed to say the word guy. You have to say person, or human being. If you say guy it means gender superiority to the people in this thread.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

You have to stop this crap in america

Now this guy is a educated man, who doesn't see race..

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

lol. now you're comparing a guy advocating for a genocide of whites to a tongue in cheek joke made on MSNBC?

God you're desperate...

You have to stop this crap in america

The highest growing demographic in the USA are multi-racial babies so..........

The number of mixed-race babies has soared over the past decade, new census data show, a result of more interracial couples and a cultural shift in how many parents identify their children in a multiracial society.

More than 7 percent of the 3.5 million children born in the year before the 2010 Census were of two or more races, up from barely 5 percent a decade earlier. The number of children born to black and white couples and to Asian and white couples almost doubled.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Saying we are to sensitive in the UK for not tolerating racism in any form, shows how out of touch you are in the world, people like you need to get in the 21st century, racism needs to stop, and condoning it under the innocent jokes doesn't make it ok..

You clearly have no problem with being racist towards white people, so i think our conversation has ended.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bunch of ATS'ers over-reacting about absolutely nothing.

You are very misguided my friend. As I said before, I lived in the deep south, where blacks were instructed via their Baptist churches that they better vote for Obama.

They are also told before services begin, where to go for "services," via the US government. Guess what, they are always the first people in line.

If you don't think they feel a sense of entitlement simply because a black guy sits in the hot seat, you're wrong.

I lived there, and went through this.

While it's my opinion that racism is alive, but kept quiet by northerners, It screams in the deep south.

Don't believe me? You'd have to be there to witness it! Really and truly.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Um because a tongue in cheek joke on MSNBC isn't racist. And the UK tolerates a bunch of racism, you guys gotta bunch of skinheads out to rescue their "white country".

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bunch of ATS'ers over-reacting about absolutely nothing.

You are very misguided my friend. As I said before, I lived in the deep south, where blacks were instructed via their Baptist churches that they better vote for Obama.

They are also told before services begin, where to go for "services," via the US government. Guess what, they are always the first people in line.

If you don't think they feel a sense of entitlement simply because a black guy sits in the hot seat, you're wrong.

I lived there, and went through this.

While it's my opinion that racism is alive, but kept quiet by northerners, It screams in the deep south.

Don't believe me? You'd have to be there to witness it! Really and truly.

Well, I live in the deep south (doesn't Texas count?), and I haven't seen a lot of that, but I don't hang out in a bunch of black-only Baptist churches. I guess you do?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

You really think black people wouldn't have voted against Romney regardless of the democratic candidate?

And a lot of black churches abandoned Obama due to his stance on gay marriage.....

aahahahah...and you're complaining about racism? And you just said that? Whites are the highest numerical recipients of government assistance, so your generalization is wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Well, I live in the deep south (doesn't Texas count?), and I haven't seen a lot of that, but I don't hang out in a bunch of black-only Baptist churches. I guess you do?

He doesn't because he has no clue what he is talking about.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

you guys gotta bunch of skinheads out to rescue their "white country".

That was in the 1980's, over 30 years ago...Keep up.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

This was Louisiana. Texas is a little more progressive. I am a Northerner by birth, and have always been tolerant of everyone.

Don't know why it is, but a friend of mine owned a little country store, and this store had a lot of black customers, who really liked me for some reason. In other words, they shared a lot with me, probably because when I was filling in for my store owner friend, I chatted with them, and didn't want to make them feel like they had to leave right away after making purchases. And yes, I was invited to hang out at their churches....and I look like what they call a "cracker."

I also used to attend services in the North, at usually Black only Kingdom Halls.

Perhaps, it's my attitude of loving all people, that makes me be able to see what "is." But I most assure you what I said is true.

I am not a Jehova Wittness either. I just love religion, and have made it a point to study most of them, and the people involved in them.

I am perfectly comfortable in attending mostly Black only services of any kind. I stand out like a sore thumb.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

aahahahah...and you're complaining about racism? And you just said that? Whites are the highest numerical recipients of government assistance, so your generalization is wrong.

I am just stating what I witnessed, and I think it's great for your own self esteem that you find it so funny. In the deep south, it isn't a generalization.

I do not think that anybody has a monopoly on government assistance, however, in the south, those that will benefit from it most, are informed well before the masses, via church networks that mostly consist of blacks.

While I was there to witness this, it is what it is, while you sit in your arm chair at a computer, making suppositions, and twisting what is in fact, not true, to serve your own agenda.

Kudo's to you!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

I live in the south and the mostly white Southern Baptist churches were telling their members to vote for Romney.

Pastors or preachers pushing their own political views on their congregation is not unique or new.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

I live in the south and the mostly white Southern Baptist churches were telling their members to vote for Romney.

Pastors or preachers pushing their own political views on their congregation is not unique or new.

Yes, I was well aware of churches specifying who to vote for based on skin color in the south.....that was my whole point.

While I was invited to and attended services at Baptist churches in the south, because I attended both...you bring up a very good point. The two, blacks and whites, in the south, do not even unite in faith, which should strongly be discouraged.

What you are saying is very true, and very scary.

Your post backs up completely, the premise for this entire thread.

In this day and age, we still stand as a very divided country, based on race, alone. Never mind you the issues... this is about race.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
More racially charged songs from the 80's when this was all questioned...

What does, black coffee in bed mean.......

These issues still exist, and people wear blinders...........so sad!

edit on 10-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

This is 2012, and still this crap exists.........so sad!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by TheMaverick
If this presenter had said this on UK television, he would of been fired before the show was even over, and unable to get another job, we don't tolerate racism in the UK, we got past that over 15 years ago.

And i'm amazed some of you are even defending this comment.

You can't win with them, they are just trolling your thread,
hang tough

Taking the other side is now trolling a thread? Really, trolling a thread? Are you being serious?

As for the comment, how is it racist? The guy is happy that a black person is president, that doesn't equate to racism.

My favorite comedian is Louis CK, he says the n word in his act and he gets away with it. I really don't think he is racist. But he is funny as hell.

And yes if Colbert said the same thing about Mitt Romney being white, it would be fine and funny.

People need to stop being so uptight. Some random newscaster said one sentence and it has this effect on you. Thats kind of sad.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

you guys gotta bunch of skinheads out to rescue their "white country".

That was in the 1980's, over 30 years ago...Keep up.

Thats weird, I'm pretty sure the BNP is still active.

Keep up.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds

As for the comment, how is it racist? The guy is happy that a black person is president, that doesn't equate to racism.

Because he didn't state that he was happy an individual was re elected. He brought up race, which should have had no bearing on the race (election) at all. He expressed what millions of voters did at the polls, which was vote based on race. That makes it a racist comment, and if you are too stupid not to recognize that, well, then I feel very sorry for you.

My favorite comedian is Louis CK, he says the n word in his act and he gets away with it. I really don't think he is racist. But he is funny as hell.

Are you privy to the backlash he gets for doing this?

[quoteAnd yes if Colbert said the same thing about Mitt Romney being white, it would be fine and funny.

People need to stop being so uptight. Some random newscaster said one sentence and it has this effect on you. Thats kind of sad.

.Who the hell listens to Colbert? LOL....also, he's white, isn't he?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

lol, nah there is still a ton of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join