It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetism, Magnetic Fields and what are they?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Afaik magnetism can be fully described as a relativistic effect of the electric field. I think there are some nice derivations out there(even one by Richard Feynman?).

Here is a recent one: www.chip-architect.com...

PS: Relativistic gravity has an analogy to this called gravitomagnetism, means you will get a vector field component (like in electromagnetism) depending on your frame of reference.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

But to realize the physical miracle of Ed's creation, Coral Castle, is to realize that he had a profound understanding of natural forces and their potential utilization.

I wish I could wrap my head around Ed's little paper.

that is awesome..,.,.,., well what he makes me think of with that,,,,, is he is describing charged particles,,,, positive and negative,,, and perhaps they are the individual little "magnets",,,
Scientists are looking for hypothetical particles called magnetic monopoles

A magnetic monopole is a hypothetical particle in particle physics that is an isolated magnet with only one magnetic pole (a north pole without a south pole or vice-versa).[1][2] In more technical terms, a magnetic monopole would have a net "magnetic charge". Modern interest in the concept stems from particle theories, notably the grand unified and superstring theories, which predict their existence.
So far they've found quasiparticles in condensed matter, but not the true magnetic monopoles they are seeking.

Leedskalnin used block and tackle technology seen here (That's Leedskalnin):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09ab04affd83.jpg[/atsimg]
Leedskalnin even had a smaller block and tackle to haul up the heavier block and tackle.
More pics of Ed and his lifting hoists at themanyfacesofspaces.com

Wally Wallington can move similar stones without even using a block and tackle, as seen here:

If anyone watches that Wally wallington video and still thinks Leedskalnin needed magnets to move rocks, they are far too gullible. It's a complete myth...I've been to Coral Castle personally. Wallington only needs sticks and stones.

And if you know anything about real electromagnetism, Leedskalnin's books are pretty childish, and only serve to display his ignorance. Those trying to understand his book are pursuing ignorance. Here we are supposed to deny ignorance, not pursue it.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Nice to see some science here ;+]

I have made small AC generators that are not hindered by Lenz's Law, that was a learning curve.

If you can increase the rise time in the CEMF in a generator coil and the frequency is high enough then the CEMF assists rather than hinders.

It's all about inductors being driven at such high frequencies that they start to exhibit capacitve behaviour, something that is usually designed out but it turns out it has a purpose.

All the best,

QV.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by qvision

If you can increase the rise time in the CEMF in a generator coil and the frequency is high enough

How high is "high enough"?
What do you use these generators for? Are they test models or do you generate real power and if so, how much and using what source to turn the generator? I'm not sure what to make of your post without more details about why you would want to do this, and what the real benefits are, if any.

For example, have you measured efficiency and how does this compare with more conventional generator, or if not for efficiency, then why?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just need to use magnetic fields for light and time travel, cant wait for time travel.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I have done some expansion of the work done by Stanley V. Byers. I understand his theory is called the Radiant Pressure Model, I prefer to call it the Prime Force Theory.

This theory postulates the existence of a single prime force, which is a radiant quantum vector with the following characteristics; infinite or near infinite, magnitude, frequency, velocity and elasticity.

This radiation permeates all space, both in the vacuum and within all matter.

His theory did not have an extensive explanation for particles, simply considering them vortex's which both emit and absorb quantum frequencies.

I have done some thinking and developed a model of the electron.

I postulate that the electron consists of an inward spiral, controlled by the phi ratio. The spiral has 3D topography, but I am not at a point to define it mathematically - it is sufficient to visualize it is a 2D object, a spiral in a plane, defined by inward curving vectors.

The spiral collects quantum radiation and causes it to converge, a spiral is an open curve, and the aperture of that spiral defines the frequency(ies) that it can converge. At some point in the convergence of the vectors, they are unable to realize another wave, at that point the converging radiation is emitted at normals to the plane of the spiral.

As a quick reminder, 3D radiation is a helix (corkscrew). Often radiation is presented in 2D as a sine wave, this is just a representation - the actual radiation is a helix.

Therefore the electron emits both a right hand and left hand version of its emission, one from its north pole, one from its south - in every other wave characteristic, they are identical. Just to clarify, I mean one wa ve turns clockwise, the other anti clockwise - regardless of orientation these waves cannot be aligned, they are asymmetric.

One of these waves we call charge, the other we call magnetism - this left and right hand asymmetry is the basis for all electromagnetism. Charge and magnetism are the same wave form, with reversed symmetry - this is the reason they are always associated.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I love it when people talk about electricity.
As an electrical designer I can tell you for a fact….we don’t know.
We are not even 100% sure in which direction electricity flow.
+ to – or – to +
We thought for years it was + to – but then we change to that to – to +, we have a lot theories and made a lot observation, we’ve learnt how to control it and use without even knowing for SURE in direction it flows. We have no idea how or why electrons flow, we have never really seen one. So despite all the science books saying we know everything…we don’t. In fact is positive negative thingy, not 100 clear. See any positive point can become a negative point depending on what you compare it to. It works more like pressure, in fact volts is measure of something called the Electromotive force which is measure of difference in potential….kind of the same thing as measuring air pressure. So what’s a magnetic field, I’m do electrical design all day every day and I can’t tell what electricity is, much less magnetism, but I can give some math on the things we have observed about it…like, V=I/R (or sometime its said E-I/R)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tbrooks76

The thing that has always fascinated me; is how putting electricity at one end of a device, slowing it down, storing it, speeding it up, switching it on and off with 1's and 0's in a chip etc. ends up with the 1000's of different devices called electronics.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

pretty neat, I love working with it, tons and tons of things you can do with it, and yet some may little things we don't know about it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join