It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove Meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Rove was living in denial as you can see I think he is going to be answering some questions to the people he promised the election to if they gave him a hundred million dollars. After all Karl gets 10% to 15% of that money I wonder if they are going to want a refund.

IMO watching Rove losing it was one of the highlights of the night.
I am just surprised that Rove was surprised. I almost thought he was going to break out saying b-but I payed for it. *snicker* My only conclusion is that if the iluminati exists then Rove is not part of it. I wish I could find the clip where he tried to explain his polls.

My question is if the elections are rigged then why wasn’t he let in on it?
It seems like Karl has more say on how Fox reports than those that work at Fox considering how he had acted.

Even after all was said and done he “wasn’t buying it”.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

My question is if the elections are rigged then why wasn’t he let in on it?

We think alike...that was my first question when I started reading thru this. Karl Rove
is an infamous government insider. Since I don't buy into the left-right paradigm anymore
I would think he would be "in the loop".

Maybe he is/was just playing his part.

And maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there truly is a "left" and a "right" to some degree, and
part of what the public is presented is actually real and not scripted

ETA...I don't like cheaters like Karl Rove, so seeing him squirm is my own personal schadenfreude

edit on 9-11-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well, side or politics doesn't matter to remember so clearly that Rove was a major key of the Bush Administration in terms of political strategy and running that whole end of things. I don't think things like Iraq may have worked as it did without him. So, calling him a political creature is a radical understatement. It is nice to see him implode. If people like him weren't calling the shots at the important levels of the GOP, maybe a decent candidate could see the light of day and have a decent chance.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
LOTS of super-wealthy corrupt snakes are MAD right now that all of their DIRTY MONEY didnt buy the election!! They could have invested that money in their super wealthy businesses and in their HARD-WORKING employees but NAH, they had to WASTE IT influencing politicians on the Right.

Folks like the KOCH BROTHERS tried like hell though.
America said HELL NO!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Watching Karl Rove fulminating and speaking in tongues, only to get the smackdown from his own propaganda outlet, was easily the highlight of the night.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I would be lying if I didn't say that I enjoyed watching Rove soil his panties!

It was actually quite nice to watch the entire Fox crew stare at each other in small moments of befuddled silence as it became clear, very early in the night, that Romney got spanked.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
While I'm not a supporter or fan of Romney or Rove (or Obama to be fair,) I don't personally agree with the media's portrayal of this as a "meltdown." I keep seeing that description of it in various places, and it just doesn't strike me that way watching it. It's possible that my semantic use of the term meltdown just differs from others' of course. To me a meltdown would be overt and coarse anger, flipping out, etc. He seems fairly calm and to just be politely disagreeing with his peers in these clips. He even says he doesn't know what the outcome will be calls them "very intelligent."

I don't agree with him or defend his politics as I am closer to the other end of the ideological spectrum, but I don't see a "meltdown" here, personally. Was there another clip I haven't gotten to see yet where he totally went off?

Just my two cents.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Yeah I ran with the title that was used to describe Rove in a couple other places so I apologize if it was misleading or the wrong description. To answer there is another video that I haven’t found yet but have seen once where Carl was a bit more flustered. I certainly can imagine him going home and having a full blown meltdown in privacy but unfortunately there is no evidence of that it’s just my opinion but my imagination makes it funny. This video to me shows him taken back quite a bit and in denial but a full blown postal outbreak no.

I am fairly confident he was holding himself back inside just take into consideration how much money he had collected from people promising to deliver Romney as president on a silver platter. His credibility may not be shot but should be close to it because he is definitely rattled. At one point in the video he looked like he was ground hogging.

There is a video I am looking for where Rove was telling Megan about the republican based polls read another way where she called him out on it as being basically BS. I can’t find the video though I had seen a clip of it on The Daily show and it was really funny.

I am so glad things turned out the way they did for a multitude of reasons one being that a group of ultra-wealthy were not able to buy the election. I think of them as The League of Doom it seems funnier that way.

If anyone knows the video I am speaking of if you could please post it here I want to save it to my favorites. Thanks.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

With Obama winning, it can be shown that the system works. The majority of the people wanted Obama, they got Obama.

I didn't think it'd happen.
Obviously others thought the same way.
*meh*

Time to get to work at trying to preserve the tattered remains of our country.
edit on 10-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I would be lying if I didn't say that I enjoyed watching Rove soil his panties!

It was actually quite nice to watch the entire Fox crew stare at each other in small moments of befuddled silence as it became clear, very early in the night, that Romney got spanked.

My father watched Fox News the morning after the election and saw their 'analysis'. Apparently he laughed so hard that he had to turn off eventually.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The best part was when Meghan Kelly says "Awkward..."

I wonder how long she will have her job?

Anyway, I read a postulation somewhere that he was so dubious and in such denial because he knew Ohio to be rigged the other way. He was genuinely shocked when it didn't go like that. LOL!

Not saying it's true, just funny.
edit on 11/10/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I had mixed emotions about this election. I sincerely did not like either of the false two party paradigm's candidates. I just didn't. I will say...however...it was nice to see that the election was not bought and paid for. That in itself was quite refreshing. If you just look at how much money was spent, then it would have been an easy calculation who was going to win...and it didn't go that way. I was happy on one hand and extremely disappointed on the other. I had really hoped my guy would pull 5% and get some federal funding for the party come 2016. But...we move ahead.

It was kinda funny when Megan asked Karl "are you just doing math to make yourself feel better" or whatever the quote was...made me LOL....

I think that dude better go into hiding somewhere....he promised a lot and delivered nothing for them....again, I am glad our election couldn't be bought...I just really wish the results would have been different. Sheldon Adelson spent hundreds of millions of dollars across 6 different candidates and none of them won....How weird is that?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yeah, the results speak for themselves..

AMERICAN CROSSROADS
1.29%
Total spent campaign 2012: $104,710,427

1.29% of $103,559,672 spent in the general election and ending in the desired result.
Supported 0 winning candidates; 0.00% of money went to supporting winning candidates.
Opposed 2 losing candidates; 1.29% of money went to opposing losing candidates.

reporting.sunlightfoundation.com...

I was watching Fox News live on election night, and it was a joy to behold..

and to be fair, it was a little like MSNBC was after the first debate - but magnified x100..
edit on 10-11-2012 by redtic because: added link

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
the GOP needs to show limbaugh, rove, and norquist the door, ...20% romneys fault, 30% demographic changes, 50% republican policies...and if the democrats want to win in 2016, incourage the republicans to stick to their convictions. putting up a brown face, or another bush, is not going to make it a slam dunk by any means.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Karl Rove was like the rooster taking credit for the sun rising. He rose to fame and fortune with W. Bush because the trends were there for Bush to be elected, but it was not all Rove's doing. He merely needed to stay within the lines during past election cycles.

Rove deluded himself into thinking he could control an election, and will the Republican party to win. The math was never there for the GOP, resulting in Fox, Norquist, Rove, and the rest of the Right wing appearing as foolish to themselves as they had been to everyone else.

There are hundreds of Millions given by Kock Brothers and Adelson to Karl Rove's Pacs...maybe the next news stories will be auditing of Karls Pacs.
edit on 10-11-2012 by JackMack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"Tattered remains of our country?"

Do you really think that Romney would have changed a goddamn thing about this country? Ha!

I love all the melodramatic people saying that the country's going to burn down, etc under 4 more years of Obama.

Maybe they should have backed Ron Paul or Gary Johnson harder instead of betting all their chips on Romney. Suckers!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Look folks...it is what it is. We can continue to cry rivers or we can pick ourselves up by the bootstraps and get to work. No, it's not going to be easy. Whether the Gov addresses the BS "fiscal cliff" with austerity or tax increases does not matter. It's going to be ugly for everyone.

You do realize we cannot continue to ignore the gorilla in the room don't you? It's frothing mad and tearing everything up...we can't just pretend it is not there.

I hate taxation and basically...I hate Gov. I, however, realize it is a necessary evil. Some things require a centralized management...in this case...we call that Gov. I would never say it is efficient...it is the dumbest, most wasteful organization I have personally ever observed...but we are stuck with it.

Karl Rove and Grover Norquist need to go pound sand...they failed. I wish...on a few things...that they had not. As weird as it is, I do understand Grover Norquists insanity (that is scary isn't it?) Until we get a budget and a plan, we do not need to keep sending blank checks to Washington. The more we give them, the more they spend. The Norquist position of not enacting more taxes has a ring of sanity if you look at what he is really trying to say. "You do not get more money till you learn how to manage what you already have"...kinda like my teenage daughter in college. I only deposit a certain amount of money each month into her bank account. If she hoses it away and needs more...she has to explain why.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Anyway, I read a postulation somewhere that he was so dubious and in such denial because he knew Ohio to be rigged the other way. He was genuinely shocked when it didn't go like that. LOL!

Not saying it's true, just funny.

It only matters who counts the votes. But even then you can only steal so much and when it's a landslide for the other guy you risk being exposed.

So either Rove had a hand in rigging the voting in OH and was really expecting it to go for Romney but the margin was just too large for Obama OR he really lived in the "unskewed polls" universe... OR more likely of all - he was perfectly aware of the polls and knew Obama would win big so he made a big show out of it to use as an excuse when his rich donors come knocking. "See? I was as surprised as everybody else was"

top topics

join