It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Who do you think the other women was Janet Napolitano or Hillary?

Valerie Jarrett...probably why Obama sent him away from the WH...

Oh, this is crazy....

Des

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmonundercover
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I strongly suspect that the "real reason" behind the "resignation" was Benghazi-Ghate........several casualties already including Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

I do too, we will see how he testifies now and what he says, should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I fail to see how cheating on your wife prevents you from doing your job, but ok..

For you it wouldn't. For someone with a top level security clearance it makes them blackmailable and a threat to national security. It's just that simple.

The real question is .. why did he come out and tell the world about it and resign?
Was it because someone had already threatened to blackmail him??
That'd be my guess ...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Who do you think the other women was Janet Napolitano or Hillary?

Valerie Jarrett...probably why Obama sent him away from the WH...

Oh, this is crazy....

Des

OH good choice lol

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's not growing a conscience for the CIA to tell it's people to behave themselves. It's the CIA, who deals in state secrets and very sensitive things, making sure that their people can't be blackmailed. Common sense.

Sorry not seeing it telling people to behave themselves so they chose to draw the line at infidelity?

Waterboarding,torture,murder,mayhem all totally acceptable.

Cheat on your wife oh hell no!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Meh. What's blackmailable?

Really? You don't get that a guy who has been married 37 years and who has a prestine reputation would want to keep an affair quiet? Really? Okay ....

Wanted it so quiet he announced it to the whole world?

For your position to be correct some evidence that he actually had been blackmailed and actually acted for a period of time to satisfy the demands of the blackmail would have to surface.

It just might yet.

But all I see is a guy who stood on the world stage and said "I diddled some hole that wasnt my wifes."

That isnt the action of some coward trying to hide his shame.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well if he is trying to work things out with his wife, head of the CIA is not an ideal job to have. I'm guessing it requires a lot of stress and long hours.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The POTUS response:

Statement by President Obama on the Resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus

David Petraeus has provided extraordinary service to the United States for decades. By any measure, he was one of the outstanding General officers of his generation, helping our military adapt to new challenges, and leading our men and women in uniform through a remarkable period of service in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he helped our nation put those wars on a path to a responsible end. As Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, he has continued to serve with characteristic intellectual rigor, dedication, and patriotism. By any measure, through his lifetime of service David Petraeus has made our country safer and stronger.

Today, I accepted his resignation as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. I am completely confident that the CIA will continue to thrive and carry out its essential mission, and I have the utmost confidence in Acting Director Michael Morell and the men and women of the CIA who work every day to keep our nation safe. Going forward, my thoughts and prayers are with Dave and Holly Petraeus, who has done so much to help military families through her own work. I wish them the very best at this difficult time.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds
reply to post by xedocodex

This thread is utterly insane. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Someone in this thread compared this to deep impact! Really?
The man comes out and says, with his own words, that he is resigning due to having an affair, so the world must be ending.

Let's pretend this guy wants to fix the relationship with his wife, long hours as director of the CIA is probably not the best job choice at the moment.
edit on 9-11-2012 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

I used the reference in the movie to show an affair was used for a bigger cover up. I didn't say the world was ending. The timing of the resignation is suspect. Petraeus is supposed to testify soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You've missed the entire point. This isn't the CIA being all nice.
That's a red herring. It's about the CIA having to be unblackmailable.
The General was married 37 years.
His wife was DEEPLY involved with his political and military career.
His reputation was pretty prestine.
This affair makes him blackmailable and therefore a security threat.

He admitted the affair and resigned. It's the right thing to do.
The question is .. why did he admit it? Was he already approached for blackmail?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I pray that by cutting his ties with this administration...he'll be free to tell the truth when under questioning

I am afraid the opposite might happen

News media finally questioning the timing.

Perhaps administration was doing the blackmailing.
edit on 033030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
For your position to be correct some evidence that he actually had been blackmailed and actually acted for a period of time to satisfy the demands of the blackmail would have to surface.

... OR ... he was approached to be blackmailed and decided that confessing to the world and resigning was the lesser evil than being blackmailed and having to give up government secrets. This is why people with security clearances have to behave in a different manner ... BLACKMAIL and NATIONAL SECURITY.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If Petraeus was was employed for 40+ years then why didn't he simply say he was retiring? Even if he did have an affair why air it to the whole world?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The greatest security threat this country faces is not some cia spook who cheated on his wife, but what they just re elected.

Between Benghazi, and the looming budget cuts that are going to deeply effect defense, and the guy most in the know resigns.

People can make this about blackmail, and infidelity but that is only judging a book by its cover there is something else going on here.

All I am saying is look deeper than the surface.
edit on 9-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

I pray that by cutting his ties with this administration...he'll be free to tell the truth when under questioning

I am afraid the opposite might happen

News media finally questioning the timing.

Perhaps administration was doing the blackmailing.
edit on 033030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I keep hearing in the press, the WH was blindsided by this. Ya know, that makes sense, If the WH knew about it, they would have been the ones to make the initial statement...not after the fact....Plus, his announcement, completely blew Obamas speech today off the airwaves....

Des

edit on 9-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   

So now they are negotiating with terrorist?!

I dunno, it's quite spurious if you ask me.

~Tenth

link   
Good one jack just heard this hit the wire, he will still have to testify affair or not...

He crossed the wrong paths, blackmail... Neither she told someone or he did.. Or she was set up and came onto him for the affair.

I know who it was Clair Danes from Homeland
edit on 9-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The affair was real btw .......But the timing on this is critical to a clearer understanding. The presidents men did not like him and they didn't trust him - they surely were very concerned about his upcoming Benghazi testimony because he was not on board with the administrations position on the cover-up.

This all comes down right after the election and right before he was to testify under oath before the House and Senate committees scheduled for next week. The Chicago boys most likely knew of the affair all along. Petraeus was not going along with the Benghazi story so they decided to pull the plug now. Be sure on one thing though ---------Petraeus did not voluntarily sashay over to the WH (out of the blue) with the "confession" about an affair.

edit on 9-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
my conspiracy senses are tingling. how many rats have been jumping ship, or making preperations to jump? i believe holder is contemplating to. could just be because he caught caught cheating or something embarrassing about his life is about to come to light, or something big this way comes, and they are starting to head to their bunkers.

You my friend, might be on to something:

(Reuters) - Citigroup Inc's Vikram Pandit quit as chief executive on Tuesday after months of simmering tensions with the board - an abrupt change that surprised investors and employees of the third-largest U.S. bank.

www.reuters.com...

(CNN) -- Scott Forstall, one of the most visible faces of Apple in the wake of Steve Jobs' death, is leaving the company in a surprise shakeup at the head of Apple' ranks.

www.cnn.com...

9/01/11 (USA NY) Bank of New York Mellon Chief Robert P. Kelly Resigns in a Shake-UP
9/15/11 (USA NY) Morgan Stanley, Chairman John Mack resigns
11/16/11 (EUROPEAN COMMUNITY) International Monetary Fund Europe, director Antonio Borges resigns for personal reasons.

americankabuki.blogspot.com...

I'm sure there are others. Wonder what's up?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Came on specifically to this breaking news, imo, BFD!!!

So what? He needed an outlet for all the pent up energy he stores inside keeping major secrets.

This is no reason to quit, I mean really?

Why did he really resign?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join