It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New NEO 2012 VE26 & 2012 VQ6

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

And the second one

Now my question how come they were able to find these two but not these
From
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.ca...

08NOV2012 Tim Hunter Fort Collins, Co USA 11:30 pm mst 4-7 seconds Direction was from sw to ne Very bright , cutting torch right l Very Yes , only at the end Nope

08NOV2012 April Medley Clovis, New Mexico, USA 23:00 Mountain Time 20 seconds Start above my house went from South to North I was facing North White flash then saw a large falling "fireball" which had many large and visible fragments, latent visual trail was visible for about 20 seconds. Very unusual and large, seemed close. 5 minutes later I heard a large "boom" in the direction the body traveled. White light like other stars but brighter than all others I could see. Yes No, eye witness event.

08NOV2012 L. Cronin Wheat Ridge, Colorado, USA 22:59 Mountain Standard Time ~3 Facing due south, event traveled N-S Bright green streak in sky, no sound heard in car Brighter than the moon Not noticed Streak almost vertical

08NOV2012 shannon cornett coolidge az mountain time AZ 10:58pm quickly 4-5 seconds i was driving east and it went from my right to left glowing green bright green flouresant, was in vehicle so didnt hear sound almost like sparks very bright green yes looked like sparks falling off glowing green light i can draw what it lookef like or similar! Wow the sight was unbelivable i cant even explain how it was , wow!!

08NOV2012 dawn kissimmee , florida 21:00:00 5-10 seconds Facing north on my right Primarely Red ( fire tail ) very bright .. moving fast , disentigrated This was very large and very bright ! Moving fast with long fire tail .. Amazing !

08NOV2012 Dee Asheville, NC 8:50pm est 5 sec E-W Facing south Light green hue Moon No From 300ft saw fall area. 14 acre empty area.

08NOV2012 William Mull MAIDEN, NC, USA 20:40:00 2.5 sec E-W facing south Bright white Very bright Long tail It appeared to be on a downward trajectory. One of the largest I personally have ever seen.

08NOV2012 Love Dearth Spring Hill,FL,USA 8:40 PM Eastern Standard 3-5 seconds E-W, Right To Left, Facing North Bright looking ball with good trail. Looked awfully close. No noise Moon No Either largest or closest I have ever seen

The last one they toll us about was in Northern Sudan on October 7, 2008 I think
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 9-11-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Note: Make sure you have Java enabled on your browser to see the applet. This applet is provided as a 3D orbit visualization tool. The applet was implemented using 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate long-term trajectories (over several years or decades) or planetary encounter circumstances. For accurate long-term ephemerides, please instead use our Horizons system.

Just so that everyone is aware of it from the start.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad

Note: Make sure you have Java enabled on your browser to see the applet. This applet is provided as a 3D orbit visualization tool. The applet was implemented using 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate long-term trajectories (over several years or decades) or planetary encounter circumstances. For accurate long-term ephemerides, please instead use our Horizons system.

Just so that everyone is aware of it from the start.

Ho I'm prety sure most member did read it on the first two picture I posted
and has nothing to do with my question.
It been over 6 year since the last warning I'm prety sure they see more but do not inform us
if they think it going to hit.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

From

Those two NEOs are asteroids, large enough to be spotted in a telescope. The other link describes meteors, small pebble-sized or even sand-grain-sized rocks that only become visible when they burn up in the atmosphere.

JPL gets its data from the Minor Planet Center (MPC), and they in turn get the data from thousands of astronomers (amateur as well as professional) all around the world. When a new object is found, the data is passed around the astronomical community so that it could be verified. You can't keep these celestial bodies secret.

For example, the MPC pages on these two NEOs give a list of the observatories that discovered or confirmed them:
www.minorplanetcenter.net...

Those are pretty small (approx 7 meters and 13 meters in diameter respectively) and could only be spotted because they came so close to Earth. Even at this close distance, they are fainter than Pluto. This just shows that it's not that easy to spot these "visitors".
edit on 9-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Exactly what wildespace said.

Most fireball causing meteoroids are surprisingly small and difficult to spot when they are not in the process of entering our atmosphere.

The event in Sudan 2008 was a lucky one off event, but I'm sure it will become more common in the future as technology improves.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

Originally posted by Trillium

From

Those two NEOs are asteroids, large enough to be spotted in a telescope. The other link describes meteors, small pebble-sized or even sand-grain-sized rocks that only become visible when they burn up in the atmosphere.

JPL gets its data from the Minor Planet Center (MPC), and they in turn get the data from thousands of astronomers (amateur as well as professional) all around the world. When a new object is found, the data is passed around the astronomical community so that it could be verified. You can't keep these celestial bodies secret.

For example, the MPC pages on these two NEOs give a list of the observatories that discovered or confirmed them:

Those are pretty small (approx 7 meters and 13 meters in diameter respectively) and could only be spotted because they came so close to Earth. Even at this close distance, they are fainter than Pluto. This just shows that it's not that easy to spot these "visitors".
edit on 9-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

Well this one sound more like a asteroids than a meteorite

08NOV2012 April Medley Clovis, New Mexico, USA 23:00 Mountain Time 20 seconds Start above my house went from South to North I was facing North White flash then saw a large falling "fireball" which had many large and visible fragments, latent visual trail was visible for about 20 seconds. Very unusual and large, seemed close. 5 minutes later I heard a large "boom" in the direction the body traveled. White light like other stars but brighter than all others I could see. Yes No, eye witness event.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Sounds like a meteor up to 1 meter in size. For a comparison, a 5-meter object would explode with a force of a small nuclear bomb. It doesn't take a very big object to produce a bright fireball with some fragments.

www.space.com...

top topics

join