It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

syria in ruins...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted - documentary photography of syria in ruins...I don't have much of an opinion on whether it's propaganda-ish or what not..Just caught the link from another photography friend thought I would share..such horror and sorrow especially for the little kids

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

The images of the assassination of the unarmed man is clearly telling on the mindset of the "rebels". I can't believe the Anglo-Americans (and cronies) are supporting this murderers and the population does not care (its like Libya in steroids). Karma is a bitch I hope that they get it all back, they seem not to have learned from the past...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I believe it's a very large stretch to call the Free Syrian Army anything like Syrian in nature. It seems to be made up of fighters from all around the region and yeah, just like Libya.

The real difference is.....Libya gave up their WMD program in 2003 by voluntarily handing everything to the West. Assad has quite legally been making Chemical weapons for 30 years. They never signed the treaty so it's legal enough. I trust Assad keeping what hasn't been used a WHOLE lot more than those people calling themselves the FSA. Who knows what or who is the actual command structure or if the people actually physically AT the bunkers would even follow proper orders or simply loot them personally and make off with warheads worth orders of magnitude more than gold. Literally.

I think the International Community needs to be working to end this by backing those rebels out of this. Assad's government didn't start it and the last peace agreement was broken by a bombing against civilians...by the FSA. It's a bad scene we're on the wrong side of, IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

The images of the assassination of the unarmed man is clearly telling on the mindset of the "rebels". I can't believe the Anglo-Americans (and cronies) are supporting this murderers and the population does not care (its like Libya in steroids). Karma is a bitch I hope that they get it all back, they seem not to have learned from the past...

It boggles the mind how people here can see the images of utter destruction of civilian towns and cities, by ASSAD'S FORCES, and STILL refuse to accept that these people are defending themselves against a murderous government.

Assad opened fire first, there are hundreds of videos showing peaceful protesters being shot at and shelled by Syrian forces. This is not in question, yet people here refuse to accept the uncomfortable truth that for once the evil "west" isn't the aggressor.

Assad has jets in the air, bombing people, and you idiots still have the gall to suggest that Assad is some innocent misunderstood leader who deserves some sympathy?

I have no doubt there are other forces in the mix there, welcome to the instability of civil war. But you lot take ignorance to a whole new level.

Assad fired on Turkey, ATS members refused to accept it and said it was the FSA. Then Assad ADMITTED IT, and those ATS members remained miraculously silent on it because they were proven wrong.

Assad is the only one with jets and choppers in the air, therefore it is Syrian forces bombing their own people. Yet members here conveniently ignore that too.

Hospitals are being fired on with heavy weaponry, and members of ATS seem to think this all perpetrated by a handful of CIA operatives?

I suppose all the defectors from the Syrian army are imaginary, that their reports are delusions or fictional? Let me guess, they're all CIA plants?

I love ATS, but so many people here are completely deluded. They are willing to ignore evidence in preference of blaming their own "evil western governments". Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. Sometimes an evil despot is just an evil despot.

BTW, if I had seen the kind of violence the FSA has seen by Syrian forces against fellow citizens, I'm not so sure I would be able to do anything to those soldiers that would be any better than what these men did. If a military was bombing my town, killing women and children, destroying the lives of everyone around me, I very much doubt I would hesitate to put a bullet in their brain.

They deserve what they get.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
TRAGIC, We have all lived past lives here, we are allowing this to happen to our brothers and sisters! This just wrecks my soul. Protect the innocent! It is beyond words.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Are you able to support any of what you just threw out as factual claims with solid sources?

Personally, I do have links and screen cap'ed sites I've been collecting since the peaceful protests turned rough and the first calls went out over sites like the People's Liberation Front to carry the movement from Egypt to Syria. Assad didn't start it, but those are powerful allegations your saying there in what the Syrian Government has so far done in putting down an outside supported insurrection. I'd be interested to read more in links on the specific incidents for details and context of what happened.

I absolutely don't like seeing destruction of civilian areas. I also absolutely hate seeing combatants USE civilian areas to fight from, leaving the other side only the two choices of standing there to be shot or firing back into those same areas to return fire. Who actually IS choosing the way whole areas of Aleppo have been damaged and destroyed? They drew fire where the fire landed. That's nowhere near a one sided atrocity, or tragedy of war....whichever way one chooses to interpret it, IMO.

@Antar

Agreed.... What worries me is this is like a grand tour or something. Egypt, Libya and now Syria.... If they win here and add Chem Weapons to their tool box....what country is next? It's getting pretty bad to see this happen repeatedly.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Day by day i begin to grow hate and dislike to this extremist terrorist FSA rebel scum that has caused the complete destruction of Syria, executing thousands of people while chanting Allah Akbar, Sooner than later they will turn on Lebanon, then Iraq, then Jordan, and before you know it they will create a false caliphate from blood and suffering. It will be the worst tribulation for the true muslims people in the middle east region

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh, dear God, please send Your Son to put an end to all of this insanity. Absolutely sickening how evil the majority of this world has become.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its sad how the captions under the picture are so biased

when the rebels are killing unarmed men wearing pink, green or blue shirts they claim they were loyal to assad or the pro-assad milita

but when the syrian army shot what clearly looked like a rebel fighter wearing olive green shirt with pockets, the source tags him as a civilian who was only having a walk on the front lines

I just went through all the pictures, had I not been constrained by my life here I would go down there, join the Syrian Armed Forces, and save as much civilians as I can by ridding the world from as much rebel terrorist al qaeda scum as possible, and then I will die a martyr, I will be satisfied even if I will cause the survival of only one innocent person. for me thats enough to make a difference in the world

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Your inability to understand the evolution of the events in as a complete canvas of geopolitical positioning by the Anglo-American interests is near myopic. See the context and the sequence of events and you will see a design a strategy unfolding...

Negating the evidences even the few facts that are known and understanding as a modus operandi that is simply a repetition is being disconnected from reality. I fully understand that Assad is no flower but you have to be able to smell how rotten this mess is. Assad is in power since when ? Do you really remember how it all started (the first reports of protests)? Do you understand who is supporting it ? I don't think you are being one bit balanced on your assessment of the general picture.

Now consider who benefits from it all, I assure you that it is not the Syrian people (like in Libya) and you would fully get the idea of those that are behind the activity. Imagine the same being done in the US and how would the government respond to hold into power, the only distinction is that the US has the capability to directly confront external forces, the Syrian government does not...

No rebellion can survive without backers and organization, no nation acts in altruism and don't give me crap about how the Anglo-American interests are helping the rebels to give them democracy and freedom, look at how they co-opted Egypt's revolution as to avoid the "freedom" to democratically make a choice or how the Palestinian election outcome was treated...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You sure those pics are of Syria? Because it looks more like Lebanon.
edit on 8-11-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sure seems biased towards the Jihadists, I mean free syrian army. Lots of pics of wounded civilians (probably some faked) always blamed on Government forces.
Pics 27 - 31 are definitely faked. Sniper is taking people down and there's a guy causally sitting up on the side of the street. If you look at the debris in the road the guy who supposedly gets shot doesn't fall forward, he just drops where is. Not buying it.to
Guy on left in picture #8 wearing a watch cap (SAS?) sure doesn't look middle eastern to me.
Lots of damaged buildings but honestly most of them look to be the same but shot from different angles.

What's up with the guys sitting in the ring of fire in pic 23?
#24 - a homemade bomb? he's so close to government soldiers he going to throw it?

but wait it gets better! - skip ahead to 41 - using a giant slingshot (shades of David and Goliath, anyone?
) *Note dude going in to battle wearing sandals*. Hope he didn't forget the sunscreen.
I could go on but I'll let others pick some apart.

P -R -O -P -A -G -A -N -D -A
edit on 8-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
These are some other pages of Photos from people allowed to photograph within the Rebels. I think we've seen pretty clearly that they don't tolerate what they haven't deliberately chosen to allow. They shoot it/him/her/them. So, I'd always note that any pics from inside the lines of one side or the other of a civil war are almost always propaganda to some degree. Nothing else is likely getting out that way or if it did, the photographer sure wouldn't be permitted back for anything but retribution, IMO.

^^ Just something as a factor of credibility of pictures. Personally, I'm not looking at what they mean to be the focus. I'm generally looking for all the other details and info that wasn't intentionally there. Amazing what little details are in those candid 'on the front line' shots, too.

Free Syrian Army Photo Grp 1
Free Syrian Army Photo Grp 2
Free Syrian Army Photo Grp 3
Free Syrian Army Photo Grp 4

Maybe others can pick up other meaningful details that I wouldn't even see as being that. There are plenty there for variety of setting and context for that kind of checking I'd think. Otherwise, it's an interesting series for perspective of that side. Now....if some of their behavior weren't literally atrocious and war crime territory.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
article.wn.com...
goto images

No more war
img577.imageshack.us...
edit on 9-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Yeah, I'd be interested to know why they suspect an unarmed man wearing casual clothing is with the government's army.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I tend to agree with Wrabbit,

I think this was a conflict stoked by the outside, Yes Assad has butchered people as well, but he didnt start this. Clever media and marketing by Israel and the US has portrayed this to be Assads doing.

Maybe they thought the guise of Libya and Egypt would convince people this is just another arab revolution when it isnt.

Israel and the US are buying fighters from Sudan, Saudi, Somalia etc to fight and die against Assad.

... atleast thats how I view it.

Is Assad bad? Well he's no worse than Bush, Saddam, Gaddafi or Netanyahu.. but then again if you honestly believe all the wars have been about protecting the people from murderous tyrants your very naive.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Holy hell.
How can anyone support these rebels? I mean in that picture you have two guys unloading aks on an unarmed guy they SUSPECT of being pro Assad. I mean they could have easily taken him captive.

One thing though, I wondered about that photo if it was real. You don't see the blood you would expect if they were firing on him that much at such a close range with ak's. Then he is on the ground with a shot to the head and still no blood.

Something about that particular set looks very staged to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So your saying the FSA are innocent for everything and really should continue to put innocent lives at risk regardless of their affiliations with terrorist networks which have been the western boogeymen for the past 11 years?

Really, if there were no terrorist networks in Syria, Assad simply wouldn't be bombing his own country.. He wasn't beforehand until a western backed militia started illegally entering a sovereign nation. If you think the FSA are not killing innocent people and committing war crimes, you need to do a bit more fact searching yourself. i would be doing the exact same thing if I was the leader of my country and my way of life was threatened. The same as your government would retaliate if democracy was on the brink of destruction.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I really hope you will look at those links and do some research DetachedIndividual. I had a similar conversation with you a few days ago. If you continue to spout propaganda a week from now, I will have to seriously question your motives in posting the things you post. You seem to be too smart to be falling for the same old stories we've been sold countless times.

Remember - Deny Ignorance.

In regard to the OP, here is a link to a documentary, Manufacturing Dissent, put together by journalists Lizzie Phelan and Mostafa Afzalzadeh who have been following Syria closely. She has also followed Libya and what happened there, and is still reporting on Libya.
lizzie-phelan.blogspot.ca...

"Manufacturing Dissent is a documentary about the psychological-warfare by the media and political establishment of the west and their allies aimed at facilitating the US, European and Israeli agenda of getting rid of the current Syrian government. It demonstrates how the media has directly contributed to the bloodshed in Syria.

The documentary de-constructs the main allegations those actors have presented, namely that the Syrian government was systematically repressing peaceful protests and that it has lost legitimacy. It shows how such claims are supported by scant evidence and are therefore little more than propaganda to serve the foreign policy interests of their countries.

Manufacturing Dissent includes evidence of fake reports broadcasted/published by the likes of CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera and others and interviews with a cross section of the Syrian population including an actor, a craftsman, a journalist, a resident from Homs and an activist who have all been affected by the crisis."

edit on 9-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comments

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They are all a bunch of thugs. That's all I have to say. Kids with guns. On both sides.

Respect to the courageous journalists and photographers who risk life and limb to report.

Regards

edit on 9/11/2012 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join