It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1/3 of Americans would consent to body cavity search to fly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Nearly 1/3 of Americans would consent to body cavity search to fly

www.infowars.com

A new survey commissioned by Infowars and conducted by Harris Interactive has found that almost one third of American adults would accept a “TSA body cavity search” in order to fly, with a majority of Americans also feeling a law that would make disobeying a TSA agent in any public place illegal is reasonable.

The shock results emphasize the level of indignity Americans are willing to tolerate in order to travel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am shocked by the level of naivete displayed by the American public with respect to their human rights.

The terrorists have won.

In an era when we are being systematically stripped of our rights in this country we should be fighting tooth and nail to retain, at the very least, those rights that pertain to our person and our dignity.

What else do we have but our own bodies?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

I am shocked by the level of naivete displayed by the American public with respect to their human rights.

The terrorists have won.

What else do we have but our own bodies?

Yes, the terrorists have won.

Do you really think you have self-ownership?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

That's ridiculous! If TSA started doing body cavity searches the airlines would go out of business. I don't know ANYBODY who would submit to such a thing just to get on an airplane.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Im guessing a good percentage of those people were not fully aware exactly what a "full body cavity search" was. Its says on the infowars website that the term was not explained in the poll.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I haven't flown since the TSA started sexually assaulting passengers. I refuse to fly. I drive everywhere now.

The government and the airlines need to come up with a better plan. The one they're using now isn't working anyway.
edit on 11/8/2012 by subjectzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No one from the TSA is touching me. The TSA organization can barely operate their own scanners and still continue to miss items that shouldn't be aboard planes. They are a worthless agency that has only trampled on the rights of the flying public. I wouldn't give them anymore authority than they already have.

No thanks. I'll drive on my next vacation.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
No doubt Alex Jones had the survey performed at fetish clubs around the nation.

Why does anyone believe this asshat?

Like most sensationalists, he went from sincere to shock jock.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Even if I had the money and somewhere to go (lol) I wouldn't fly. The last time I did was in 2010 to go to a funeral in NY. I have problems with people touching me and a TSA touched me. Never.Ever.Again.

Anyone that would consent to a full body cavity search to fly is either ignorant of what that really means, is kinky or has bought into the big bad terrorist around every corner propaganda to such a degree that their brain is becoming swiss cheese.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

After reading the entire article the poll is not limited to the body cavity search question, the mix reactions to people been polled gives me a feeling that this article sounds like propaganda.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In order to have an opinion, I'll wait until a member with a "first hand experience" comes to tell us the pros and cons.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
In order to have an opinion, I'll wait until a member with a "first hand experience" comes to tell us the pros and cons.

I see what you did there.

First hand.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Then 1/3 of the population is retarded...actually that number is low *SIGH* I think that some though at least have the intelligence to know such a thing is really intrusive and infringing on our right to travel freely.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Could you claim that having a person of the same gender touch you in that manner was against your religion, so you could demand a opposite-gender searcher? It might be worth a try.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
and ? not surprised ..... the mindless masses will submit to anything to ensure their "freedom" ... they've become too brainwashed and expect big brother to protect them from the big bad bogeyman so they can continue to get the scraps from big brothers table.... those who oppose the state are a small minority .... no way in hell would I visit the totalitarian states of amerika nor would I recommend it as a holiday destination as dont want to see people get molested by the terrorist state agents..... funny americans complain about china yet have never been sexually molested by a chinese customs officer and no silly security checkpoints - always been greeted politely with a smile my passport chopped and on my way ....

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What amazes me is that the SC has not said that this violates the Fourth Amendment.

The TSA is doing to honest citizens what correctional officers do to convicted felons.

No one seems to have a problem with that. People line up and let adults sexually assault their little boys and girls and elderly parents in wheelchairs and in diapers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well it is infowars.
Just saying.

However, anyone that would subject themselves or their family to such treatment should be locked up in a mental institution. The thought of some guy/gal feeling up the body and its cavities on my wife and son pisses me off. The thought of someone doing it to me makes me retch

Raist

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just reading the headline makes me believe the true element of this story is more likely to be the fact that one third of Americans have never acquiesced to a 'body cavity search'.

If they had, I can pretty much guarantee there'd be a lot more people driving to vacation spots and a whole whack more 'virtual' meetings over the internet than there would be via air travel.

Don't ask me how I know, although there is a rather unassuming TSA agent in Charlotte who owes me a romantic dinner and an apology for having very cold hands.

edit on 8-11-2012 by GoalPoster because: cuz I can't spell.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by Trueman

I see what you did there.

First hand.

Hahaha

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join