It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1/3 of Americans would consent to body cavity search to fly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Well I am definitely a part of the 2/3 that would rather take a train......screw TSA......

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

UnBeFreackinLeevable! A few before me here stated a couple, Prob the best reasons some will not care if they are 'Cavity Searched'.
They are Not Aware of the Full Meaning of 'Body Cavity Search'
They believe it is for the overall safety and good
Or they are Just Plain Stupid!
I see that last one as Most Probable......
My Step Dad, 74 yrs old, old school, arrogant, stuck on what MSM has to say about everything, told me the other day "well don't you want to make sure you are on a flight that is safe?"
" My reply, "are you fu_-in serious?" He said , "yah, I don't want any bombs on my flight."
All that from what we discussed in terms of a flight he was getting prepped for that left this past wednesday. I had only asked him, while tapping the top of my head " Are you ready for gettin' groped by the TSA at the AirPort?" Meaning, was he prepped Mentally....... At the time I at least didn't know of the Body Cavity Search issue.
Just when I have been making headway getting him to believe in and understand some of the Nefarious Projects of our Govnment is involved in, he pulls that!
I don't know, guess he, and Others in his mindset thought we live in another Country where it is Ok and Normal for these things to happen...... Syx.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Yes, but it's too bad we wiped out our passenger infrastructure in the 70's. We'd have a pretty sweet system now.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

My honest take on being groped and scanned to fly a plane?

Return to the old system and give us our dignity.

I'D RATHER BE BLOWN UP THAN FELT UP.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

My thoughts Exactly! I would much Rather get My Dignity back other than recieving Mental Trauma, Disgrace, and other Indignities.
And I read somewhere where the stats that show our chance percentage of actually being the target of 'Terrorist' attacks on an individual to be very very small. We would most likely be hit by falling space debris re-entering our atmosphere, before we would be personally attacked by a 'Terrorist".
Our Terrorist Government is by far the most Dangerous element of these times...... Syx.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

I agree. We are more likely to be assaulted by a police officer.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's because they are freaks and want someone to probe them....

Some folks get all fired up at being touched.....I prefer to choose who does the touching....

I wish...oh man I wish....if i ever fly again and some fu*k wad need handle my goods...that I just blow a wad all over them....omg...how cool would that be. "Oh sorry man....you shouldn't have touched me there"

this is not patriotism you idiots...it is not freedom.

This is fascism...but some of you knew that....Heil Hitler!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Sounds like 1/3 of Americans deserve a a body cavity search.

Sounds like they only polled the 1/3 of Americans that don't fly.

I don't fly and I support full body cavity searches and forcing them to pay a tax directly to me for making me feel bad.

I blame the government for being only reactive and the American public for always pointing fingers when something does go wrong. This is why we have all this craziness, but only for planes. No one is advocating full body cavity searches for people who go to Walmart; that is until some looney blows up a Walmart. Then, all you'll hear about is how the government is doing nothing to protect Walmart shoppers and there will be hearings, and trials, and experts and craziness.

I say, just do the basics that you've been doing for years. The proportion of successful flights to "terror" flights has to be extremely low. If you meddle too much, you're just going to hurt an already hurting industry and make people mad.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Maybe 1/3 are just desperate for any form of sexual contact..?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Depends who's doing it

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We've had the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, now what, will there be the anal bomber just to ram this kind of thing through or should I say "in"?

Isn't groping bad enough, what the hell's wrong with the American people that they are so programmed to surrender their liberties and right to privacy in the name of security. Boy did that 9/11 black op psy-op ever do a number on the American consciousness as per plan. What a disgrace!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I personally distrust infowars, because I find some of thier pronouncements to have been either deliberately inaccurate, or so poorly researched as to make no difference.

However, if this is true, then I think it is perfectly obvious that this alleged third are the segment of US society who have bought into the lie. By that I mean, that some people in the western democratic world, have allowed themselves to be influenced to believe, that ignorance of ones rights,or a willingness to forgo them, is the same as patriotism.

To these people I can only say, that the people who founded your nation did not do so, in the hopes that future residents of the place could become ignorant of the individualism and freedoms they they are granted as RIGHTS by the efforts of thier forebares.

Nor, did the people who have fought for your country in wars past and present do so, just so that having spent thier blood and sweat, lost thier friends, and some of them, thier lives, so that those of them that remain have to watch the rest of you fawning and bowing and bending over, and taking every single thrust of an increasingly police state, without more than a whimper of protest.

More than that, the people who make up this alleged third of the population of your nation, who dont mind the idea of getting searched in such an intimate fashion arent just taking this nonsense. Some of them will actively DEFEND it, yell its praises as if they LIKE that kind of utterly unwarranted penetration of thier personal space and thier rights.

Who the hell are these people? Why have they no self respect, or respect for the history and principles of the nation in which they live, are born, will eventually die? Dont get me wrong, I know my own nation has its own examples of government having too much power to observe, to involve themselves in the lives of the people, but we make our feelings on this plain, in much harsher terms than I can replicate here.

People might take some offense that someobody from outside the USA has an opinion on this matter. Some may say that I have no business to dare comment. Despite that, Im going to go ahead and say what I am thinking anyway. America, even when looking from the outside, is a nation whose history ought to have informed and reinforced the ideals of freedom and justice, individualism and respect, not just in the nation itself, but in EVERY one of its people.

But if this infowars story is true, then this does not appear to be the case.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have no problem with others consenting to things. It's when those people are also comfortable with forcing those things on me that I must raise my voice in opposition. I haven't flown since random searches, pat downs, and scans took effect. Let alone cavity searches.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Great thread S/F but I can say it this way. I trust opinion polls as much as I trust the ones who benefit from them..

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

I just starred this "extreme violation" because I believe an extreme violation is an appropriate response to the government-sponsored-molestation taking place in our airports.

Had enough of this # yet?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Maybe 1/3 are just desperate for any form of sexual contact..?

Or maybe they think its some kind of free dental checkup?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Once again, Life imitates Art.

edit on 9-11-2012 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Of course they would because they are sheep. More than half of the people in this country honestly believes that the government is God and whatever it says goes. There are no more Paul Reveres, Thomas Jeffersons, George Washingtons. Those people are gone and all we have left are idiots in a trance that worship their welfare checks.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Like I said, we only hear about the #ty workers on the news. Most of them are just average people trying to get their job done; no way in hell do they want their fist up someones ass.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

shock horror, shock horror, shock horror - what is going on with people !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join