It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Path of Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have faith: That there exists an intelligence beyond my rational mind. Because of my faith, I sacrifice my self. In sacrificing myself, my conscious will, a derivation of previously defined idea-structures, does not drive me. “Not my will, but thine, be done.” This sacrifice means that all ideologies that could possibly guide my behavior are set aside. I am as en empty shell, waiting to be guided by God, that force which exists beyond my rational mind. I sit silently, awaiting instructions, which come primarily through impulses. When an impulse arises, and makes itself clear, I act on it. It does not matter what I think about the impulse, and the action it is driving me towards. Not my will, but God’s.

In faith, I become a strange man. I have no care for the world, and the ways of men, which their ideologies proclaim as proper behavior. In any moment, I may do anything. I'm at a complete loss as to what may come next. There is no way for my conscious mind to grasp the ‘right’ thing to do in any situation, for it is of a limited scope. My conscious mind determines ‘right’ based on pre-defined standards, and God is absolutely irreverant to these. Oh, the fear of making a mistake that lies in my humanity. This is why my salvation lies in grace. When I sacrifice my self, I give my self up to God. I give up responsibility for my actions. I admit the insufficiency of attempting to determine right and wrong based on any standards I know, and so I become as a child. God’s grace towards such a person is infinite. I will inevitably confront everything that I think I know, and through this God will continuously test me. To pass these tests does not mean adhering to so-called morality, as the religious establishments teach. The tests are passed through continual sacrifice, which means adhering to the immediate impulses given by God, with absolutely no respect towards pre-defined standards.

This is the true way of the Son. It is not a path of the past, but it is indeed a path we must walk to this day, moment to moment. Do not be fooled by those who call themselves Christian. These are among the very people who create these standards, which we are to transcend. In the grace that is found through continual sacrifice, true life is found. This life is effortless, and utterly full, and complete. Do you have faith that there is intelligence beyond your conscious mind? Will you, then, sacrifice your ideological structures to it, and thus achieve grace? This is the path to the Life, called the Kingdom, which I rename Perfect Reality.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Dear TheJourney,

I have faith: That there exists an intelligence beyond my rational mind. Because of my faith, I sacrifice my self. In sacrificing myself, my conscious will, a derivation of previously defined idea-structures, does not drive me. “Not my will, but thine, be done.”

You misunderstand true love. We are not to sacrifice our will so that we get rewarded, that is self love. We are to love others and that should cause us to sacrifice for them because we then have the mind of Christ. Jesus either was or was not God, if he was God then he was all God. We are not God, we are imperfect. We are to love one another which means loving beings that are less than God; but, still to love God more than we love ourselves for he is everything, the universe, all that is and can be, the totality. You cannot squeeze perfection from imperfection, you can squeeze true love from selfishness. You must eliminate the selfishness to achieve the love and thereby create the fruit.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You have hit the nail on the head.

True communication with the One is found through silence. Empty shell as you called it. No preconceived notions or expectations, just empty mind guided by impulses directed through a tube shaped by the consciousness that points towards the only one true source.

Amen brother.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

If all sounded good until you brought god into it...

That 'rational' force you speak of doesn't need a title, gender nor religious affiliation to be effective, so why are you contributing the same rhetoric as those you are condemning..?

Too many shake-n-bake philosophers around here...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

If all sounded good until you brought god into it...

That 'rational' force you speak of doesn't need a title, gender nor religious affiliation to be effective, so why are you contributing the same rhetoric as those you are condemning..?

Too many shake-n-bake philosophers around here...

hehe. The word God is irrelevant. I use the term 'God' because that is generally used in the context of Jesus. It's a fine word, but if you like you can literally call it anything you want. Buddha-nature. Tao. Allah. Source. Consciousness. Sh*t-eating hobo. The Great Unicorn. Doesn't matter...it's just a label...truth is unconcerned with labels. It neither attaches to them nor avoids them.

Your attitude is just the flip side of the coin of religious people. They say 'You have to believe in God!' They ignore the actual message, and just filter it through whether or not the word God is used. Similarly, others, like yourself, filter everything through the same filter. The only difference is that they automatically accept it if God is used, whereas the others automatically reject it...getting caught up in semantics is one of the major reasons people often can't properly communicate.
edit on 8-11-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

The word God is irrelevant

WTF..?

The word god is quite relevant, especially when discussing spirituality. By bringing that crap into it, you taint the discussion immediately, as connotations flow from nouns like that.

Conversation and debate in regards to this topic is much better served when there is no spiritual benefactor.

Your message was fine otherwise...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Very well done TheJourney. Your post is the best thing I've read on this site in quite some time.

In regards to your question—whether I have faith that there is intelligence beyond my own consciousness—I would say yes; you and your writing are proof of that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

The word God is irrelevant

WTF..?

The word god is quite relevant, especially when discussing spirituality. By bringing that crap into it, you taint the discussion immediately, as connotations flow from nouns like that.

Conversation and debate in regards to this topic is much better served when there is no spiritual benefactor.

Your message was fine otherwise...

Right...your semantic connotations...some define the universe as 'God'...noone denies the Universe, therefore, by that definition, you accept God...you're just rejecting offhand based on your personal associations...similarly, others who like what I say would have rejected it if I would have NOT used the word God. Sometimes I speak of God, sometimes I speak of Buddha, sometimes I speak of Tao, sometimes I speak of things in an altogether 'unspiritual' way...we may as well just use a variable, x, for it. I choose the word God here because I'm likening what I am saying to Jesus, who is obviously associated with God...there is no need to call it God, but it's an appropriate label since I'm speaking in the context of Jesus.
edit on 8-11-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Very well done TheJourney. Your post is the best thing I've read on this site in quite some time.

In regards to your question—whether I have faith that there is intelligence beyond my own consciousness—I would say yes; you and your writing are proof of that.

Thank you kind sir, I appreciate it

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
intelligence beyond my own consciousness

our intelligence beyond our own consciousness is and was always inside of us why do people still search for a god is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
intelligence beyond my own consciousness

our intelligence beyond our own consciousness is and was always inside of us why do people still search for a god is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who says God is outside of you??

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

lol I am saying god , Jesus all that bs it is who you are not a book or a person it is what I believe that is all

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I can relate to what you are saying. When we make choices in life, we are constantly evaluating and judging each moment to determine what is best for us. Faith allows this to end and what you are saying is very close to what I experience each day. I don't worry about the future of past, I simply live in the moment and drift like a feather in the wind. This was the symbolism in Forrest Gump. He did not possess the ability to judge so he was moved by the moment instead of moving the moment himself. As a result, his life was extraordinary and the other characters suffered the results of their own actions. It's also quite a bit like the movie yes man as well. God is always there pointing out the path, but the path has two branches to take at every moment.

One thing I have learned to do is listen to my thoughts as they occur. When a thought of something comes to mind, I follow it directly. No procrastination at all. I follow the thought to its conclusion. What is amazing about this is the ordering of future events that is clearly experienced from this. The synchronicity is evident. When you learn to listen to your thoughts and act on them as they occur, the only other aspect of this process that needs to be aligned is will. As long as all choices follow the path of giving and receiving, the choices you make will be within God's will. Each choice that is made according to taking for self ends in a break in the chain of events. The hardest choice--the one that necessitates the greatest suffering of work--is the one to take.

After studying Hebrew linguistics for quite a few years, I see this defined within the meaning of roots and the morphology followed by the Hebrew language. A break in the chain is defined as a sickness and sin is a break in the chain that produces the story of a person's life toward disharmony. God's will is for us to listen and follow the path that aligns with the will to give and receive. Our subconscious provides the pathway and choosing will that suffers forward for others is the branch in the road to take at all times. By the perspective of the Hebrew tradition, we are constantly seeking to heal the world. It is obvious what this then produces in our lives. Peace, joy, happiness, family tranquility and love for others. These qualities follow us and spread out to the people we influence. The Shepherd provides the guidance and retrieves us when we wander off. Early Christians were called followers of the way. The way is the Eastern eight fold path. The Truth is virtue from philosophy. The Life is what Christ provides for us to experience involution into matter (Baptism into reality) so we can evolve (Rise to new life) from the experience. Involution and Evolution

All symbols can be reduced to the root.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So is this a new form of meditation? I guess it would not be since you say you just open your mind up to what ever comes into it, and you do it. Sounds very son of samish in my opinion. Hacve these voice ever told you to do harm to someone or something? How do you judge what is being or coming into your mind?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I had been lurking for a while after a break from the site as a poster, but this needed to be addressed...

Those are the words I would use myself. This is the vessel, I am here to be the hands of the force which binds us all. And it is kind enough to allow me my autonomy to a great extent.

Be ye as little Children, and the weight of years shall wash away, and joy and learning will come back.

Nothing is more satisfying than being drawn to the place you are supposed to be, and then speaking to those that have ears to hear. When you see them moved, God had intended you to make the difference. Be the Vessel, what a journey it has been, a bittersweet & Enlightening journey across the Nation, to find myself as I am..

Be well, and remember ye yet live, to live as you. A vessel gets R&R.
God Bless, and what Lucky people we are indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Excellent Work. These musings appeal to my own. There are beginning to be some very enlightened critters out there, including yourself! Oh Embrace the Word Critter, if nothing more, for me, I always thought it was such a fun sounding word.

God the Powerful force no one can agree on, which is indisputably real, and can be found in the scriptures, but also in the hearts of the goodly, is a wonderful force and such a marvel to be involved with over a lifetime. I am a lucky fool, for it to offer so much of it's presence in my life.

Coexist, because %#*@ get's live...

top topics

join