It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milky Way’s Black Hole Shoots Out Brightest Flare Ever

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Undeadlady

I get it, maybe they stopped writing the calender when their civilization vanished???

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Alternative4u

I dont understand this. It says that this happened in February 2012. But it also says its 26,000 light years away.If x rays traveled at the speed of light it would take 26,000 years for us to see the light. Does that mean this happened 26,000 years ago or is there a way we are seeing in real time with telescopes..

When it says "it happened in 2012" it just means that's when we saw it. Of course it actually happened 26000 years ago.
It's not possible to see in real time with telescopes if you think about it. The light takes the same time to reach a telescope as it does to reach your eye.
edit on 8-11-2012 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Perhaps chris cornell can provide some insight on this topic ~

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfDragon24

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
Not really that crazy coming from a race of people that allowed Justin Bieber to be popular... I'm just saying
But seriously, # ain't right if the mother hole Pulled off a flare that large. So some # is going down

"cringe" i hear enough off him in the house

Plus its weird that a flare is comeing out as i was told black holes suck in everything as well as light so something really is going to happen, think its the Mayan calender stuff?

Don't think so..

If we were to see it start to explode and engulf nearby systems, we would have like 26000 years to wait for our turn..lol

And hey, if we're really lucky, we might just get missed if our system has moved out far enough away from the Milky Way by that time and headed again for deep space...

Our solar system isn't actually part of the Milky Way galaxy, we are within the thin belt like companion galaxy which is passing through and kind of orbiting the Milky Way..

Right now, our system is passing through the point of the elyptical plane on it's way around the conveyor belt. If we' make it through without a major collision or get pulled into the milky way to become a part of it, we should end up far enough away to be sitting pretty by the time the old girl really dose go BOOM.
edit on 11/8/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Remember when scientist said that not even light can escape a black hole?
the Rapture is when the good people go to another dimension.
believing in god is Not good.
doing good and Not believing in god IS good.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by Undeadlady

I get it, maybe they stopped writing the calender when their civilization vanished???

possibly, but even something like, "Hey i've been writing this for years now and my hand is getting sore can i stop now" and he happened to be at 2012 at this point, and noone continued after him because whats really the point.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Its trying to destroy the Earth before Obama Socializes the entire Galaxy .

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAMale

Originally posted by SilentE
Interesting stuff

I have nothing to contribute other than i'm glad there's a thread which doesn't involve the election rubbish.

I was starting to lose all hope for ATS.

s&f
edit on 7-11-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

I just really wish the aliens, whether Pleiades or annunaki or Nordics would just show up already and make earth the utopia that it could be even today given all the wealth already on earth!!!!!!!!,

Seriously if they aliens a just taking such a long journey that it really takes this long then fine, but if there is any other reason hat they don't just show up and fix this god forsaken place then fuq you ET!!!!!

The aliens with knowledge technology and experience to fix humanity and earth to where everyone could own a home, explore the planet and never go hungry make me wish they so update stop wasting time already and just get here!!,!

Earth cand humanity cannot live like this much longer....

People don't realize we are ONE major natural disaster away from society and civilization literally collapsing!!!,

Ill give you a hint. Aliens aren't going to give us anything because of our mentality. We feel we have the need to conquer. To take and control whatever we feel we can. Until our mentality changes we will be doing it all by ourselves, and IF (thats a really big IF) we manage to discover other planets capable of sustaining life before we learn how to fix our mentality and our own earth, I have little hope that humanity would not try to conquer it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i thought nothing could escape a black holes gravitational pull, including light.

but apparently x-ray's can.

so there is only one conclusion, this isn't a black hole.

another fact science claims is the reason light can't escape from a black hole is because the escape velocity of the black hole's gravitational pull is greater than the speed of light.

einstein said nothing can be faster than the speed of light, but here you have something that is.

the universe is strange as it is incredible and awe inspiring.

edit on 7-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Besides X-rays...lighted plasma, or some kind of illuminated mass, can be ejected from both poles of some black holes; at or near the speed of light. The X-rays...are probably the result of two looped magnetic flares, that have the unlike magnetic poles coming together --- which results in an explosion --- which causes an X-ray wave; followed by the lighted photon mass --- ejected by the resulting explosion --- that rides on a gravitational wave from the black hole at or near the speed of light.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick
I remember seeing a theory about the center emitting some sort of energy that hits us in cycles on earth chaging life, like a kick to evolution to take a sudden jump. Maybe its possible and that we are about to be hit by rays released 26,000 years ago. Maybe we just have to find out what happened 26,000 to see if anything significant happened.

well, well. a kindered spirit in thinking...

there have indeed been exotic rays and these sudden X Flares coming out of the BH event horizon in the recent weeks & month or so.

these events happened 26,000 years ago as fast as light travels

if this is the same article i read weeks ago, they think that asteroids are being torn apart by the BH

i myself think something more drastic is going on...
there is a body, be it a str or a gas giant with a materiak core getting sucked in by the BH. and these spurts of X class flares are only the start...

when the huge solid mass gets disintegrated and sucked into the BH (by 21 dec 2012) then some 26,000 years ago the BH (Sagittarius A) will generate a huge burst of Gamma and other exotic particles in a cosmic explosion along the equatorial plane of the BH

But, that narrow band of killer radiation will spread much wider as it travels the 26,000 light years to Earth & Sol

this is the era of the Galactic SuperWave in cosmology,
the era of the Red & Blue Kachina in Hopi prediction,
the time of the birth pangs immediately followed by the GreatTribulation in Biblical eschatology

i vaguely recall that NASA said that the exotic rays from the GalacticCore were Synchotronic rays
picked up by the X-Ray space probe

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

reply to post by WolfDragon24

Well being able to observe it without note of other planetary systems being destroyed. I think not.

Kind of hard to say, considering the Invisible light(x-rays) coming from this black hole took some 26,000 years to get here. Hell, a really significant event may have taken place today, and 26,000 years from now maybe some one will notice. Hell, 25,999 years and 24 hrs ago a massive explosion could have occurred dooming us all, but we won't be able to detect it for another 24 hrs. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Old News is kind of an understatement here. New to us, but still roughly 26,000 years ago or longer that it occurred.

If we can see 26,000 years ago, then would we not be able to see 25,999 years and 24 hours ago as well?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

Originally posted by Hijinx

reply to post by WolfDragon24

Well being able to observe it without note of other planetary systems being destroyed. I think not.

Kind of hard to say, considering the Invisible light(x-rays) coming from this black hole took some 26,000 years to get here. Hell, a really significant event may have taken place today, and 26,000 years from now maybe some one will notice. Hell, 25,999 years and 24 hrs ago a massive explosion could have occurred dooming us all, but we won't be able to detect it for another 24 hrs. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Old News is kind of an understatement here. New to us, but still roughly 26,000 years ago or longer that it occurred.

If we can see 26,000 years ago, then would we not be able to see 25,999 years and 24 hours ago as well?

No.

If it takes light 26,000 years to reach us from a given point, an event that happened 25,999 years and 24 hours in the past would still take another 364 days until we were aware of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This is old news, this event actually happened some 27K years ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alexoscarew

That is an impossibility...... If the black hole is only 26,000 light years away, and the flares move at the speed of light, then it cannot have happened 27 thousand years ago, because the flare would have passed us already 1000 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join