It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milky Way’s Black Hole Shoots Out Brightest Flare Ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

The Milky Way’s Black Hole Shoots Out Brightest Flare Ever

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress. com

For some unknown reason, the black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy shoots out an X-ray flare about once a day. These flares last a few hours with the brightness ranging from a few times to nearly one hundred times that of the black hole’s regular output. But back in February 2012, astronomers using the Chandra X-Ray Observatory detected the brightest flare ever observed from the central black hole, also known as Sagittarius A*. The flare, recorded 26,000 light years away, was 150 times brighter than the black hole’s normal luminosity
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note: Please use exact wording as source article.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have been a telescope user for many years, this year I have seen many things going on in space that seem to have changed, eg the Moon is not in the same area of the sky as it was in Oct 2011, they have gone towards the east, they were towards the west after 8pm UK time in Oct to March.
I have been seeing on the internet that people are seeing changes, I fear the Mayan people could see this was to happen in 2012.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I think the moon has some 15 to 22 year cycle (or something like that), in which its position on the horizon, and I guess in the ecliptic, changes, but don't know if that has to do with its orbit, or the earth's nutation. If the same is true of the sun, then it would seem to have to do with the earth's nutation.

In searching the subject came upon one page that said there is a 19-year cycle that connects the lunar and solar calendars, which would corroborate this.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
eg the Moon is not in the same area of the sky as it was in Oct 2011, they have gone towards the east,

As the moon orbits the earth, 360 degrees around us in just under a month, it changes position in the sky continuously.
From one day to the next, it isnt in the same area of sky. (depending on how you define "area")

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Interesting stuff

I have nothing to contribute other than i'm glad there's a thread which doesn't involve the election rubbish.

I was starting to lose all hope for ATS.

s&f
edit on 7-11-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Many thanks all for the replys, and it was nice to get some light shed on the moon and planet moving times etc, thanks again.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So if it is 26,000 light years away does that mean this event happened 26,000 years ago?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thaaaaaaaaar she blows! AAAAARRRRRRR

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
Interesting stuff

I have nothing to contribute other than i'm glad there's a thread which doesn't involve the election rubbish.

s&f

know how you feel doesnt help i threw in my 2 P's worth XD

also that could be that light ive been seeing out my back at night for awhile as its not a star or a satellite or aircraft of any kind

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Any day now and someone will theorize that the flares are really a result of an inter-dimensional weapon from an opposing alternate universe. Because screw it, I believe that more than any theories of a hollow Earth

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
Any day now and someone will theorize that the flares are really a result of an inter-dimensional weapon from an opposing alternate universe. Because screw it, I believe that more than any theories of a hollow Earth

ROFL the hollow earth theories are just weird but at the same time i keep a open mind on that but what you said is just so bloody nuts and mad it could be true for all you know XD

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Not really that crazy coming from a race of people that allowed Justin Bieber to be popular... I'm just saying
But seriously, # ain't right if the mother hole Pulled off a flare that large. So some # is going down

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Just mother natures way of recycling in my opinion.

OR should i say universal recycling.

And thats why the universe is infinite and will never end.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

ill go out on a limb and say yes

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Not really that crazy coming from a race of people that allowed Justin Bieber to be popular... I'm just saying
But seriously, # ain't right if the mother hole Pulled off a flare that large. So some # is going down

"cringe" i hear enough off him in the house

Plus its weird that a flare is comeing out as i was told black holes suck in everything as well as light so something really is going to happen, think its the Mayan calender stuff?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfDragon24

Well being able to observe it without note of other planetary systems being destroyed. I think not.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This might be an aspect of Hawking's Radiation. The black hole is shedding its mass during certain times of its rotation at the point where normal space touches its event horizon. Here is the process:

Consider this line below as a space :

----------------------------------------------------------------------D

Lets mark an X at the point where X stands for the event horizon of the BlackHole B

B-------------X---------------------------------D

So our diagram explains things this way:

B----(BLACK HOLE EVENT HORIZON)--------X(exact point where the event horizon meets normal spacetime------------------((space outside the black hole event horizon-----D

Now point X is the exact point where the event horizon with outside spacetime.

At this point X, Hawking's radiation comes into play thanks to Quantum mechanics. This is the point where the great (relativity) meet the really small.(Quantum mechanics.)

In quantum mechanics, there exist virtual particles which constantly create and annihilate themselves all the time. These virtual particles are a property of the quantum foam and their existence and have nothing to do with lack of mass or energy in that area of space. Virtual particles exist everywhere regardless of vaccum.

Now at point X, what happens is that this virtual particle annihilation process gets disrupted while creation is allowed to function. The virtual particle pair created at point X ends up with one particle on the side of the event horizon and the other particle on the side of normal spacetime. Eventually the particle on the side of event horizon ends up falling into the blackhole while its counterpart makes it way out very slowly away from the event horizon. Scientists speculate that the particle falling into the black hole might have negative mass, while the free particle might have a positive one, eventually bleeding the blackhole of its mass until it fizzles out. The rule of the thumb is that the more mass a blackhole has, the longer it will take to evaporate. Small blackholes are destroyed almost instantly.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfDragon24

Originally posted by SilentE
Interesting stuff

s&f

know how you feel doesnt help i threw in my 2 P's worth XD

also that could be that light ive been seeing out my back at night for awhile as its not a star or a satellite or aircraft of any kind

X-rays are invisible.....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

reply to post by WolfDragon24

Well being able to observe it without note of other planetary systems being destroyed. I think not.

Kind of hard to say, considering the Invisible light(x-rays) coming from this black hole took some 26,000 years to get here. Hell, a really significant event may have taken place today, and 26,000 years from now maybe some one will notice. Hell, 25,999 years and 24 hrs ago a massive explosion could have occurred dooming us all, but we won't be able to detect it for another 24 hrs. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Old News is kind of an understatement here. New to us, but still roughly 26,000 years ago or longer that it occurred.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh, Sag A. That's the one which is supposed to release a wave of energy that either provokes the sun into unleashing magnetic bursts on our planet at the same time our polar field reverses, leaving us unprotected.

Either that, or the radiation will just hit us directly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join