It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time to stock up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have done my share of debunking stuff on this site, and trying to point out to people that they shouldn’t over react to something. So I am not exactly one to jump on the “freak out” train, about every subject under the sun… But….. I have to say something here.

Through out my life, I have had an uncanny tendency to show up when something is coming to an end. I just happen to be there to see the thing that will replace it, take form. It is almost the story of my life. If I told you the list of stuff I have seen come to an end and rebuilt, at the exact time I happen to come through the system. You would think I am full of it. But I digress.

And I am also know in real life to be extremely blunt, but truthful. So, it’s time to be blunt.

I have that feeling again. It has been growing in the back of my head for a while. Something big is going to come to an end. It gave me the inclination to believe that this elections was going to come out for the worse. That inclination was right. I have a feeling the results will come clearer as time passes. It will just get worse, and quickly at that.

It is time to make sure your stocks are up to par.

Enough food.
Enough water.
Enough guns.
Enough ammo.

If you are going to make any big gun purchases, or building additions, I would do it now.

Through the years, to an annoying degree, my hunches have proven to be right.

Over the past few years, every time I have seen ammo on sale, I would get it. When I seen someone selling a gun for cheap, I would buy it, instead of passing it up.

I have gained a nervous habit of keeping plenty (well, more than usual) of canned food, and liquids on hand. I like to keep plenty of fuel in storage.

Keep yourselves safe.
Protect your families.
Try to help those that need it most.

This is my only thread I have started to give my opinion about something possibly coming in the future. And hopefully it will be wrong. But as life’s experience has taught me. It probably won’t be.

I hate to sound alarmist, but so be it.

I am not exactly a religious person, but… GOD bless the people of this nation!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
As far as ammo is concerned the time to stock up has passed, from tonight going forward the market in the US will be positively super-heated to levels never before seen. Shelves are going to be empty in stores across the country and even sales of firearms are going to go positively nuclear (and have fun with the rampant price gouging by douchebag gun store owners). I saw the writing on the wall months ago and made sure I was up to snuff on nato-spec calibers, anyone who wasn't on-board by now has surely missed the boat.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Are any of the ammo companies publicly traded? How about Wolf?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Tonight I bacame a "preper", as I truly cannot believe that 1/2 of this country think O did so well the last 4 years he deserved another 4 to finish the job.

When he finishes the job, there will be naught but a 3rd world country, the ashes of Rome as it were.

My father taught me many things growing up, how to live off the land, how to do without, how to know what you actually need, and have the knowledge to get them.

I always thought he was a real A-hole, now I see him as a realist, he always told me somthing like what is coming was going to happen. I never believed him, I was always full of hope things could be fixed.

I now know I was wrong, and I have no choice left.

I have often talked about the need to fix the system, or halfheartedly talked about it being beyond help or saving.

It is now time to stop talking, and time to start doing. The mother of my children nevver agreed with guns or hunting, and wouldn't let me teach these things to the children. Time to take the matter into my own hands, I don't see a choice, if they can't fish, or hunt and kill and dress gane, or prepare shelter, they might not havve a future.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The agenda would have carried forward no matter who was elected.
Or did you not know this?

It is time to stock up

It is ALWAYS time to stock up.
If you were wating to see who won the election to decide whether or not to stock up then I am sorry.
The time to rely on yourself and ween yourself off of a broken system will ALWAYS be RIGHT NOW!!!
edit on 7-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I remember back at the end of 2008. The sky really did seem like it was falling, people losing jobs left and right and my factory went from 400 people down to 70. Did the sky fall ? NO

TPTB will slowly and I mean slowly suck every last cent out of the world. It could take 20 years or 50 years. There is still way to much wealth for the system to crash.

When you see line after line of hungry families then you really need to worry until then dont let fear rule your life.
edit on 7-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
Tonight I bacame a "preper", as I truly cannot believe that 1/2 of this country think O did so well the last 4 years he deserved another 4 to finish the job.

I'm with you. 48 hours ago I stood and stared at the big indoor archery range
right outside my door. It's been here since I moved in 8 years ago, and not
once did I have any interest in paying a visit. Now I do.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
The agenda would have carried forward no matter who was elected.
Or did you not know this?

It is time to stock up

It is ALWAYS time to stock up.
If you were wating to see who won the election to decide whether or not to stock up then I am sorry.
The time to rely on yourself and ween yourself off of a broken system will ALWAYS be RIGHT NOW!!!
edit on 7-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

^^^ this x 10 !!!

How could people think anything would've been different otherwise ?!

Wake up folks !
You should've been stocking up all along for crying out loud... society has been going down the pooper fast for many years now.

Stop thinking some schmuck in a suit and tie is going to save our sorry butts !

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think more important (from my experience) is knowledge of how to live a simple life, so you can truly live off the land and enjoy the feeling of freedom outside of anyone telling you what to do. I feel MANY people in the West feel hopelessly helpless and rely on people to do things for them or tell them what to do.

When I first moved to the middle of nowhere, mountains, philippines, I learned a WHOLE lot (and still am) about farming and living in general from natives who have been doing it as a village community for 400+ years.

In the US as a child we camped at a State Park, which had a region designated for "primitive camping." This meant no campsite, no running water, no electricity, etc.

To tie that campsite in with knowledge, those who are going to spend spend spend to get "stuff" to survive, would probably be better off trying to survive first and then know what you need to live. Try going to the middle of nowhere where you have to fetch water, wash/dry your clothes by hand, and maintain gardens during the day only to get home at night and have to cook with wood that you also have been collecting. Don't forget about your shelter in case it rains and your bedding too.

It can be a VERY rewarding and freeing experience in my opinion =)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
scary times we live in.

We now have more people on the wagon then pulling the wagon.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingFox
Are any of the ammo companies publicly traded? How about Wolf?

Wolf ammo is dependable, but pretty dirty. Clean the gun often if you are using wolf. My last few boxes of Blazer have had several misfires per box, and several gun jams per box, I no longer by Blazer.

There is a good, cheap reload company called Georgia Arms. They have great prices, dependable merchandise, and it isn't quite as dirty as Wolf.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

I think he is asking if they are publicly traded or not. Not as to the quality of the ammo.
As far as I know, wolf, and all the other Russian ammo companies are NOT public companies.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Good advice. Thanks.

But honestly, if people haven't learned to survive by now, they're too apathetic anyways.
It's not about "prepping" for survival...it's about living. Period.

We as humans are far too reliant upon a system that generates electricity.
Electricity is not permanent! It is only controlled by man, and man has no control.
So we have become ignorant of any scenario involving survival.
Look at the Northeast and it's problems right now.
The majority of people lost everything and have no idea what todo.
Instead, they call upon the gov't as if the gov't is their parent.

We must learn to rely upon ourselves!
We must build the skills to survive without the system.
Stocking up will only last so long.
Even your stocks will run out in time.
But your knowledge won't.

What people need are true skills that are long forgotten.
(In their place are "social" and "convenience" skills which won't help a bit)

It's never too late to put down the remote and read a book.
In this case, read about something that will build a skillset.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Oh, thanks.

In that case...

In the United States, Sturm, Ruger and Company (RGR) and Smith and Wesson Holding Company (SWHC) are the only two publicly traded firearms manufacturers. Worldwide, you can add Forjas Taurus (Taurus firearms) which trades on the Sao Paolo exchange, Manroy PLC (Sabre Defence and military arms) in the UK, Metal Storm Ltd. of Australia, and a handful of Russian companies like Tula Armory.

Ammunition companies in the United States that are publicly traded include Olin (Winchester ammunition) and Alliant Technologies (Federal, CCI, and Speer). Other companies that are involved in the broad firearms and outdoor market would include Cabelas (CAB), the Outdoor Channel (OUTD), and Taser International (TASR).

Source

There is never a bad time to invest in guns and ammo, LOL! History has shown there will always be another war.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

As of 2 days ago..I'm doubling down on my prepper lifestyle. I have no choice...I may have neighbors to take care of too.

I'm going to be rebuilding my goat enclosures, closer to the house, easier to keep track of. I've already turned down 3 people who've shown up at my place looking to buy meat goats. They aren't meat goats...yet.

Des

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

As of 2 days ago..I'm doubling down on my prepper lifestyle. I have no choice...I may have neighbors to take care of too.

I'm going to be rebuilding my goat enclosures, closer to the house, easier to keep track of. I've already turned down 3 people who've shown up at my place looking to buy meat goats. They aren't meat goats...yet.

Des

Sounds like a good plan =)

How many people do you live around that may turn into zombies looking for food?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I always thought of prepping as being something you should do really throughout your whole life. Nuclear power accidents, earthquakes, natural disasters, those things can pop up unexpectedly and unlike a financial crisis, you have no advance warning. I know people like to laugh at those of us who do stock up on certain things, but i really don't get what's so funny or dumb about it. If that day never comes, great. I'll have tons of food to eat. If it does come, and you don't have anything, who's laughing now?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

There are ALOT of people who are getting ready to learn a REALLY BIG lesson the REALLY HARD way!
Some of them already have.
They live in New York.

Others who have been too busy watching American Idol and live further inland, are getting ready to stop laughing at all of the "preppers", and start crying and begging.

I will help where I can but, every morsel of food I give YOU is a morsel I take from my children.

Guess what?

Now YOU are screwed, not me!

top topics

join