It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson is being screwed (big surprise). His number are WAY too low

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There is no way, even with predictive politics that Gary Johnson can have the numbers the media is saying. Even politico shows him polling at a maximum of 3%, and that's in New Mexico... I mean WTH???

Something is not right, surely others agree... I know he wasn't planned to win, but I assure to everyone that a 1-2% vote is wrong. I will research more, share your info if you have any though.

Please and thanks.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That does seem low.. What were the libertarian numbers in 2008? Cause surely they should be significantly higher this go-round.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I voted for Gary and was just thinking the same thing. I live in a red city in a red state but I have seen far more support for Gary Johnson than I have for either Obama or Romney and that's in a small town. I have absolutely no doubt that the man got his 5% but watch and see if we don't get screwed.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul got 2 million votes in the primaries. Even if we assume that just 25% (and it's probably closer to 50%) of those voted for Johnson the numbers don't add up. Gary Johnson had decent support without Paul voters... add in Paul's voters and Johnson should be in the millions.

25% of 2 million = 500,000

Gary Johnson as of now only has 756,000 votes.

I agree, something stinks...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Presidential Polls 2012: Gary Johnson Gains Ground in Ohio, Chipping Away at Romney

According to a Gravis Marketing Ohio poll, Libertarian Party presidential nominee Gary Johnson is running with 10.6% in the Buckeye State. With Barack Obama running with 44.5% and Mitt Romney running with 37.8%, it essentially takes Romney out of the race there; particularly considering that without Johnson included 44.3% are for Romney/Ryan compared to 45.2% for Obama/Biden.

Yet, politico shows him at less than 1%? Hmmm, that is odd. Especially with Romney's grand abilities in vote-swapping... Obama's numbers look similar to what is predicted, yet Romney has all these votes... how?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

They should be and though there has been an increase, in some places it is growth of less than 1%!!!

How? I don't know... Again, I was not expecting a victory, but I was sure that it would have been this bad!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

I am tired of this... A revolt must come soon. I am predicting Gary's votes were given to Romney to give the appearance of a tight race. But no one will address this incongruity I am sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How could this be happening?

Oh well...I'll settle for a slow rise of the Libertarian party...I have to tolerate a slow, painful, and violent death of the GOP. They are going to freak the hell out in 2013 and 2014...jesus, the party of "no" 112th will be made to look like wimps compared to how the GOP is going to behave now.

Hell...bittersweet.

Johnson was probably robbed.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by braane1

Yep.. I was a Paul voter in the primary, and I voted Johnson today.
Something is up. They probably want to crush this thing.
Paul really should have endorsed Johnson.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all. We were talking in the break room at work about whom we voted for and nobody, not one person knew who Gary Johnson was.

The media blackout worked. Not to mention most people don't actually think for themselves anymore so why would they do independent research?

I voted for him just to try to get him to that 5% threshold for the 2016 election. Even *some* educated people on ATS probably have no idea what happens if he gets 5%.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It looks like more Texans voted for Gary Johnson than any other state. That surprised me.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We both voted for Gary???

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Well why not rob Johnson? First Paul, then the next person in line to be screwed would be Johnson. You would think that if the establishment wanted to keep peace they'd give Johnson his 5% and then so what, they are in control but out of just a couple million dollars? They are trying to crush our morale!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I wish that he did, but we all know there is something up there with Ron Paul... Whether there are threats there or not who knows... He is obviously doing it for his son. I may not agree with it, but perhaps he had no choice.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Trust me, the most frustrating thing besides the people who are just blatantly ignorant are the ones who say they liked Johnson but thought he had no chance. Is that not reason enough to not vote for the other guys? Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

It's where Paul is from

Though still, Maine, Washington... Nevada... no one likes Johnson there? Hmmm

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

I am tired of this... A revolt must come soon. I am predicting Gary's votes were given to Romney to give the appearance of a tight race. But no one will address this incongruity I am sure.

I told people this a week or so ago.
I voted Libertarian my first time out. Andre Marrou in 1992. My vote was donated to the candidate that carried my county.
It may work that way in other places also.

They aren't counting any votes, if you ask me. They are writing narratives to a script that was decided in advance.
They made it look interesting and a "horse race" earlier with it going back and forth with the same amount of electoral votes. But, if those were being counted legitimately, then how come every channel had it's own figures which varied widely?

That right there should show any thinking person that this is really only a sham that is sold with foregone conclusions.

edit on 6-11-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

TPTB want ONLY a 2 party system. Anything else will destroy what they control.

Go Gary !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Please tell me where you are finding votes for Gary Johnson.

I seem to be looking in all the wrong places

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

TPTB want ONLY a 2 party system. Anything else will destroy what they control.

Go Gary !

Agreed. A third part is too much of a threat to them. There will NEVER be one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join