It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I VOTED for My beliefs, Not to keep someone out of office!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I saw a thread called "I'm not voting" so I thought I would start a thread called "I VOTED for My beliefs, Not to keep someone out of office!" so that those of us who did vote can discuss issues regarding their respective areas and why or who you voted for.

I will have to admit that I did not exactly know whom I was going to cast my vote for, until I waled up to the voting booth.

First and foremost I did I wanted to be able to Vote for Gary Johnson, but there were two possible reasons why I may not have, one is that I live in Indiana and was not sure if he was even going to be on the ballot as there was some issues here where Republicans in this state were trying to ban him from being a candidate in Indiana. The other was my hatred for Mitt Romney.

I am not an idiot, and know very well that Johnson will have no chance of winning Indiana or any other state, as the majority of Americans are still living as sheep for this two party system that tend to ignore many of the big issues in this country; such as the corporate take over of our very freedoms and livelihoods, the worthless bloodshed of Americans and Human beings in the fight for oil fields and trade routs all in the name of terrorism, the Loss of freedom Americans have had in the past all to help "protect" us, and abuse of power (which should belong to the people) held by not only the president of the United States, but also our state and local representatives.

But if there is one thing I do not want is to see Mitt Romney as president, as I have zero respect for someone who has caused so many people in this country heart ache by buying up companies, firing everyone, and sending the jobs over seas. I have also lost respect in the fact that he is weak and will not stand his ground when it comes to issues as he will flipflop faster than anyone depending on the people he is talking to.

This being said I was tempted to vote against Romney by voting for Obama (which is what we will so most of in this country (or vote for mitt to see obama lose). But in the end I voted for Who I want to see win the election over who I want to beat who.

I VOTED Gary Johnson, and I am PROUD of my vote.

I believe you have no right to complain about who wins/loses if you choose not to vote, but you do have the right to not vote if you so choose, but don't complain to me if you aren't happy with the outcome or what is ahead in the next 4 years.
edit on 6-11-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I voted too...everyone should vote, who is a registered voter. It's one of the few rights we have left.

Des

edit on 6-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You're kidding? You are literally one of the undecided on election day itself? Honestly?? You're not just saying that as an ATS statement...are ya? I didn't think mythical beats like that existed. I kinda imagined the undecided Tuesday voter to be like the Unicorn.

Good for you though. You voted your true conscience by what you say and no one..no one.can fault you for that. Whoever got your support. Voting one's own beliefs is all this is about after all the B.S.. Right?
S/F!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There's already one thread on people voting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I also voted, and while it was mostly a painless 20 minutes out of my day, I did have some trouble feeding my ballot into the machine as did a few others that were in front of me. Hopefully they all get tabulated, and not just counted as a voter that inserted a ballot.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thank you, I must have missed that one. I changed the title to reflect what I was saying

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I must admit I hate the idea Romney may win, but I could not vote for Obama and the corporations he represents. I chose to vote for the candidate that seemed the most non political, one who was not polished in political speech and loaded with talking points.

I voted for Dr Jill Stein as I want to see a change that would never be brought about by the candidates supported by the two parties and their beloved lobbyists.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

The sad thing is, not every candidate is on every states ballot. In Indiana we had 3 choices Romney, Obama, or Johnson.

Though I would have voted for Johnson anyways, I think every candidate should be on all state ballots for president.

Good for you for voting principal vs what the "establishment and sheeple tell you to vote"

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was still undecided this morning, too!
I stumbled upon the ISIDEWITH.com website, and it was helpful.

I perused my results, then looked into the "party" I was apparently most aligned with; a 3rd party. I read their platform.

There were a couple of things they stood for that I was in favor of, but the most important things to me, right now were not among them, so I decided my vote based on who was most closely aligned with my "perfect world" viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
I was still undecided this morning, too!
I stumbled upon the ISIDEWITH.com website, and it was helpful.

I perused my results, then looked into the "party" I was apparently most aligned with; a 3rd party. I read their platform.

There were a couple of things they stood for that I was in favor of, but the most important things to me, right now were not among them, so I decided my vote based on who was most closely aligned with my "perfect world" viewpoint.

Good for you! When it comes time for elections many people who are undecided come election time chose just not to vote instead of doing a little research on there own and choosing the best candidate for them. It matters to me not who you vote for, just that their beliefs as to the direction this country should go is the closest to your beliefs. Even if you do not win, you chose based on who your beliefs not what people tell you to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

A last minute vote for Gary Johnson eh? Me too. And I'm in Texas, a big red state. Kinda feels like ya just threw away your vote right?

Well... good for you. In my eyes its a vote against this two-party system craziness. This is one of the most polarized elections in American history.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
and what about the people that voted for their beliefs, that they believe someone should not be in office?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
reply to post by tw0330

A last minute vote for Gary Johnson eh? Me too. And I'm in Texas, a big red state. Kinda feels like ya just threw away your vote right?

Well... good for you. In my eyes its a vote against this two-party system craziness. This is one of the most polarized elections in American history.

I completely agree with you. It did kind of feel as if I was throwing away my vote, which is why I was so tempted to vote for the lesser of two evils (in my eyes at least, lol)

But I could not bring myself to abandon my core beliefs in an effort to satisfy the "two party" scheme they have running in this country.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
and what about the people that voted for their beliefs, that they believe someone should not be in office?

That is your choice as an American, and is what the majority of the country is doing. Most are voting one way or the other just to keep the other guy from winning.

But if enough of us were to vote based on our beliefs and not based on one party or the other, and not get sucked into this two party system, then come time to count votes, we could really shake things up on people and get this country back to the way it should be, or at the very least give it a good start.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Gary Johnson here too. And Texas as well. I'm told I'm "throwing away" my vote. I think that's just another media lie.

I know he won't win, but the more that vote for him and not O or R, we can at least send a message.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
Gary Johnson here too. And Texas as well. I'm told I'm "throwing away" my vote. I think that's just another media lie.

I know he won't win, but the more that vote for him and not O or R, we can at least send a message.

Very good point!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Hello, I too voted Gary Johnson today here in Clark County, NV... I had no undecided factor when walking in to vote.

Just found the following, adding for the sake of contributing something other than the above...

Gary Johnson Currently Has 4.5 Percent of the Popular Vote

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, the bunny has returned from braving the polling place!
The fact it was so fast ought to say a lot for the experience here.

No lines...no problems and no hassle. One person holding a sign for a non-national candidate and he was on the corner...FAR outside the limits and perfectly legal. Inside? Nice and quiet. The Elderly volunteers at the table as I've come to expect every year and all in good spirits. They were having a nice lunch, actually. They'd said they'd been busy this morning but it's slow now.

Thank GOD...I found we are still 100% paper ballot. It's the basic "fill in the arrow pointing to your choice" type ballot and the only electronic thing abut it is the ballot box which tabulated total number put into it. Nothing more high tech or fancy than that.....as it should be. Missouri is a simple kinda of place in that way. At least this area of it sure is.

So what vote? Well.... President: Romney (R) Senate McCaskil (D) Governor: Nixon (D) Lt. Gov: Kinder (R)

I like to imagine that.... Dem Gov with a Repub Lt. Gov.
Let them keep each other honest. All else repub..except for one arrogant little cuss that had no challenger but for the Libertarian guy. Well, the Lib got my vote on principle. I hate unchallenged races. The arrogance is a little much, regardless of party. OH.....and I voted against the measure which would have made Obamacare possible for the State of Missouri. He can toke on that one if he wins.

Happy Voting everyone and remember, a vote for your conscience is NEVER a wasted vote!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wish we had paper ballots and not electronic voting, just as I wish all votes were put into a public ballot box where it is watched the the entire day by the public with no secret counting or moving of the boxes.

I do Not trust electronic voting machines nor do I trust "private" holding, transporting, or counting of anything pertaining to elections.

The Republican Primaries have really helped me lose trust in the system we have.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I agree with you on both counts. I cannot trust an electronic toy. Period. I know too much about how to screw with and defeat computer security to even joke about the idea these are secure or have integrity to them. I'd really been anxious to see if we stuck to the paper or something changed for a surprise on Vote day. I can't express how relieved I was to see the stack of paper ballots and the big box to put them in...right there on the table for all to see..with a digital counter simply adding up how many were inserted. It updated as advertised with mine and me other half. I don't know if we have that in 2014 for the midterms, let alone 2016..but EVERYONE should be on Paper. This system is too important when computers are still TOO easy to defeat.

As for the Republican Party? Yeah... I hear ya. What I saw as a participant for the first time in a caucus has galvanized me to become politically active beyond anything I've been before in life. We CAN take this system back...but it'll take a good % actually putting serious time and serious effort into it. A weekend won't do it......and that's what I fear most will give up by when a quick little try does nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join