It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I VOTED for My beliefs, Not to keep someone out of office!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
I saw a thread called "I'm not voting" so I thought I would start a thread called "I VOTED for My beliefs, Not to keep someone out of office!" so that those of us who did vote can discuss issues regarding their respective areas and why or who you voted for.

I will have to admit that I did not exactly know whom I was going to cast my vote for, until I waled up to the voting booth.

First and foremost I did I wanted to be able to Vote for Gary Johnson, but there were two possible reasons why I may not have, one is that I live in Indiana and was not sure if he was even going to be on the ballot as there was some issues here where Republicans in this state were trying to ban him from being a candidate in Indiana. The other was my hatred for Mitt Romney.

I am not an idiot, and know very well that Johnson will have no chance of winning Indiana or any other state, as the majority of Americans are still living as sheep for this two party system that tend to ignore many of the big issues in this country; such as the corporate take over of our very freedoms and livelihoods, the worthless bloodshed of Americans and Human beings in the fight for oil fields and trade routs all in the name of terrorism, the Loss of freedom Americans have had in the past all to help "protect" us, and abuse of power (which should belong to the people) held by not only the president of the United States, but also our state and local representatives.

But if there is one thing I do not want is to see Mitt Romney as president, as I have zero respect for someone who has caused so many people in this country heart ache by buying up companies, firing everyone, and sending the jobs over seas. I have also lost respect in the fact that he is weak and will not stand his ground when it comes to issues as he will flipflop faster than anyone depending on the people he is talking to.

This being said I was tempted to vote against Romney by voting for Obama (which is what we will so most of in this country (or vote for mitt to see obama lose). But in the end I voted for Who I want to see win the election over who I want to beat who.

I VOTED Gary Johnson, and I am PROUD of my vote.

I believe you have no right to complain about who wins/loses if you choose not to vote, but you do have the right to not vote if you so choose, but don't complain to me if you aren't happy with the outcome or what is ahead in the next 4 years.
edit on 6-11-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

Kudos to you for voting, however, your vote was wasted like everyone else's vote is wasted. The POPULAR VOTE matters not. It is the Electoral College vote that matters in the vote for POTUS / VPOTUS. Welcome to Elections 101.

I do agree with you that the 2 party system is corrupt and dead and needs to be cleansed from the Political system. If politics is ever going to change in America for the better, we must do away with the 2 party system as it now stands. The problem we have is that not enough people believe in a 3rd party or independent system of voting and representation. It would take an Act of God to change that point of view in people.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
When I went in to vote I filled out everything and left the president vote for last because I was still undecided. I know that is extremely hard to believe. I sat there just staring at it. I can't stand Obama, but not enough to vote for Romney. I decided to vote for the man who has made the most difference to me politically. I credit Ron Paul for waking me up and making me care about politics from an awakened point of view. So I wrote in his name.

I won't have to feel bad now no matter who wins. I didn't like my choices. There is no difference between a red or blue boot at the back of my neck.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
How the heck can anyone with certain beliefs and a knowledge of their President over the last four years and a knowledge of who the candidates were this year...NOT know who he's voting for before getting to the booth?

Seriously!

What the hell has happened to intelligent people. Do you toss a coin when you're in the booth? If so, you are really thick. If you hold to certain beliefs you vote that way even if the candidate isn't perfect because who is?

No wonder Americas becoming third world.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Is it not possible to disagree with someone without calling them unintelligent or thick? I didn't vote at all... not for an elected official. I respect you and your opinion and electoral choice. I would never insult you or suggest you lack intelligence simply for disagreeing with me or acting differently than I do. Can you find it within yourself to show others the same respect and civility? I intend no offense by asking this.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ok people, for those that wonder how it is possible for me to not know who I am going to vote for until I got up to the voting booth, think about this.

I do not like Obama nor Romney, but in my opinion one is a lesser evil than the other, and we all know that one or the other will win this election.

So the decision I had to make was to choose the lesser of the two evils, one of which will win this election (so in essence to vote only so the more evil one would lose)

Or to vote for the one I think is the best candidate, whom I knew would lose the election by a large margin.

I chose to vote for whom I think is the best of 3 choices, even though the majority are voting just to keep "the other guy" from winning.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I voted for Gary Johnson, and,

I am also proud of your vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Proud and Dumb.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Beliefs are like opinions that you don't think about.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I too voted Libertarian, and for the first time. I really tried these past few months to talk others into voting Libertarian....not sure if I succeeded, but I know I at least voted with my conscious and now feel at peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was so enraged today at work.. I walked in knowing I'd have to talk politics.. I don't mind it in general, but today is voting day and people want to act like they actually know stuff when all they really do is regurgitate what they hear on TV. The thing I heard most is, "I just want to get Obama out of office" and I didn't dare ask why, because I understand. But that's not a real reason to vote for Romney. I was asked "how did I vote." I said Gary Johnson. "Who is that. If I don't know who he is on voting day he's not going to win." Okay so what? If people took their time to actually listen to him, maybe he would win. Nobody argued with that. People say its a waste of a vote. So just be a brainless zombie and vote for who everybody else is voting for? Hell to the fark no.

A lot of things I said went over everybody's head. The bankers, the wars, the fed, etc. Nobody really understands this stuff outside the internet and its extremely sad and annoying. Sad because they don't know they're being fooled and annoying because when you tell them, they don't really care.

We are here at ATS because of like minds. It seems like outsiders just don't really get it. I have to wonder if they EVER will.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
did i vote?
no
only politician i can ever agree with is, yes, dr. ron paul.
none of these candidates touch the subjects RP does and i wouldn't give my vote to anyone just to see someone worse not win when i think their all garbage bags anyway.
hmmm.
but go ahead and vote...
like they say "different toilet, same sh*t".
edit on 6-11-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Voted for Gary Johnson too. I was looking for a happy middle ground. He seemed to fit. He had some experience in New Mexico. He was young enough to survive his time as president (McCain?).

Honestly, I'm fine with either Romney or Obama. Either would do ok.

I'm weird that way.

People who don't vote have that right. I don't hold it against them. I don't pretend to know all things. I can't sit here and say that not voting is the wrong choice. I can only offer an opinion.

Live and let live. Unless the other guy aims to blow your brains out.
edit on 6-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

No doubt you are right. His record is outstanding but few were aware of it.

I think there is too much fear of the other party, meaning democrat and republican, that folsk vote automatically without informing themselves. This has to change...little at a time.

Looking at the short term of 4 years is selfish and self serving. We need to get over ourselves and consider the direction we want the country to go.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If voting for 'beiiefs' is the way to go, perhaps George Lucas should run for his Jedo constituents...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am through with voting evil into offices that control the masses. I will not vote again. I will not participate in a sham designed by evil, supported by evil and beholding to evil. The moral structure of America, and the world has fallen to disrepair, evil has triumphed for now. But the day will come when it is cast off. You..... some of you, can choose the path of least resistance and reap the immediate benefits, but rest assured..... you will have sold your soul to the beast, and the day you must pay the piper will catch you unawares. And make no mistake, you will pay.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I had to vote early due to the fact that I do not live in United States. I went down to the Tokyo Embassy and ended up voting mostly green because their candidates have a platform which actually makes sense. I voted for no GOP candidate only three DNP candidates.

It was lean pickings this go around. Leaner than it has been in the past few elections. It was hard for me to choose any candidate worth voting for. Many of the platforms of the different parties would take the nation backwards instead of forward. It is clear to me that everything that has been done in the past, even the recent past, has not worked to improve the current situation in the United States.

At least I voted for candidates who are willing to try new ideas and policies.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Actually you are an iidiot if you believe the lies about Romney sending jobs overseas. Of course of you rely on the lamestream media and the liberal blogs for your lies want can you expect. Remember obama saying he wasn't going to raise taxes on the middle class? 12 new taxes in the first year. How about his Benghazi lis? How about his lies about not hiring lobbyists and then filling FDA and USDA with Monsanto people? So thank you for contributing to the demise of America and feeling good about it.

Originally posted by tw0330

I am not an idiot, and know very well that Johnson will have no chance of winning Indiana or any other state, as the majority of Americans are still living as sheep for this two party system that tend to ignore many of the big issues in this country; such as the corporate take over of our very freedoms and livelihoods, the worthless bloodshed of Americans and Human beings in the fight for oil fields and trade routs all in the name of terrorism, the Loss of freedom Americans have had in the past all to help "protect" us, and abuse of power (which should belong to the people) held by not only the president of the United States, but also our state and local representatives.

But if there is one thing I do not want is to see Mitt Romney as president, as I have zero respect for someone who has caused so many people in this country heart ache by buying up companies, firing everyone, and sending the jobs over seas.)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I voted for Johnson too, in Calif. I'm tired of the "lesser of two evils" strategy as well, because that's not really a choice. Besides, look how well that worked out last election!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacific_waters
Green makes sense? Did you actually read their paltform? Another libtard idiot.

I read their platform, and it made perfect sense. Support families. Support communities. Make the elections more answerable to the public. Stop going to senseless wars. Get rid of oppressive and tyrannical legislation. End the Fed. Make education more accessible. Make health care more accessible. Support local food supplies. Decentralize power and resources in general... Did you actually read it, or are you just against all those ideas?

I was going to vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson until I read Jill Stein's platform a month or so ago. Then I watched the third party debates, and I agreed with Jill Stein up and down. I also agreed with Rocky Anderson and Gary Johnson, but Jill had something above and beyond the others. She hit on all the main things that I like about the Liberty movement, but she retains a sense of social and communal connection that I think the Liberty movement lacks.

There is more to making a great country than simply balancing a budget and reversing bad legislation. It also takes foresight and unity, and I think Jill demonstrated that she understood that better than any other candidate.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join