Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I VOTED for My beliefs, Not to keep someone out of office!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Heads up

Regardless of if you are sore about your candidate, or party losing the election, or you simply don't believe what others do, ATS still requires civility on the forum.

If you can't comply with that, I suggest you back off and come back when you can.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I waited to decide who to vote for until after watching the four third party candidates debate,Virgil Goode was OK but I felt his answers were incomplete. Gary Jonson was a great speaker as was Rocky Anderson, but I saw them as professional politicians and I feel politicians are a big part of the problem. The Green Party have begun a fight against the established (dirty) energy cartel that is not something our mainstream politicians would do.

Though I will admit at this point in time I fear had Jill Stein miraculously been elected to the presidency that she would have been forced to toe the line or assassinated.

OTOH I am pleased to see so many voted a third party ticket as I feel it will take a lot of out of the box ideas to repair the damage that our politicians have wreaked upon our great nation rather be it by design or incompetence our politicians were responsible

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was proud to vote, as well. What made yesterday even more worthwhile to me, was that I was able to take my sons and daughter to vote for the first time in their lives.

Even though they chose to vote for a variety of candidates, I was so proud to see how seriously they all took that privilege.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I know Gary netted just above 1,000,000 votes, does anyone know the numbers on Stein or Goode yet?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Presidential Candidate Party Home State Popular Vote(a), (b), (c) Electoral Vote(d), (e), (f)
Count Percentage
George Washington Independent Virginia 38,818 100.0% 69
John Adams Federalist Massachusetts — — 34
John Jay Federalist New York — — 9
Robert H. Harrison Federalist Maryland — — 6
John Rutledge Federalist South Carolina — — 6
John Hancock Federalist Massachusetts — — 4
George Clinton Anti-Federalist New York — — 3
Samuel Huntington Federalist Connecticut — — 2
John Milton Federalist Georgia — — 2
James Armstrong(g) Federalist Georgia(g) — — 1
Benjamin Lincoln Federalist Massachusetts — — 1
Edward Telfair Anti-Federalist Georgia — — 1
Total 38,818 100.0% 138
Needed to win 35

Also the runner-up was the Vice-President....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent

Originally posted by pacific_waters
Green makes sense? Did you actually read their paltform? Another libtard idiot.

... Did you actually read it, or are you just against all those ideas?

If the US is anything like NZ, the vast majority of people when asked about the Green party immediately think 'hemp shirt, pot smoking hippies' or 'wouldnt it be an economic disaster' (as if the current main parties have had a blisteringly positive track record and the Greens dont have qualified economic ministers
)... its sad really.

Thing is in other countries like my own (NZ), Australia and places in Europe where we have parliamentary coalitions more often than not, the Greens are often side partners or have a decent presence within the governments make up, so alot of us even if we dont like the Greens are still used to them actually being around... and like in my own country every election they slowly get a few more seats as people realize they aren't what they might ignorantly believe them to be and are actually a sound governmental option.

Heck last election Greens gained I think about 3 more seats going up to about 14 i think it is in our government (i think there now more or less the largest represented of the side parties) and I think next year given the way the current leading party (effectively our version of the Republicans minus the religious pong) has been behaving id say Greens will gain a few more again and might become 'king makers' finally.

Id give it time, eventually the US will come into line with the rest of the world on this front. Might take a restructure of your election system though and that might be a tough nut to tear down.

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff

Also the runner-up was the Vice-President....

Why on earth dont they do that any more?.. sounds like a great way of easing inter-party tensions and discord.
edit on 7-11-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

All that matters is you exercised your right to vote, and did it for something you truly believe in. Hell, what more could a country ask of their citizens. Very nice.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Once again, I don't even know where to start. Apparently there are only two people on this site that really know what's going on. Why, WHY do all you people keep on voting in a system that is actually a foreign-owned, bankrupt, corporation. All you people keep on calling it a "government". You haven't had a government since United States Inc. was legislated into existence in 1871. That's just a short time after the original, dejure, lawful government was vacated/un-seated. See: The Act of 1871.
I'd even be willing to bet that you celebrate the 4th of July as Independence Day. Independence from what? From Britain? Think again! Look up the "Bankruptcy of the United States of 1933". The corporation known as United States was taken over by it's creditors. THE CROWN. Notice the capital letters. THE CROWN is located in THE CITY OF LONDON inside the City of London. US citizens are actually British subjects again.
At least with all this voting garbage THEY were able to keep your attention focused on things other than what really matters.
I also see people calling our system a Democracy. Don't you have enough education to realize that we were given a Republic by the founders? ALL US citizens are responsible for the downfall of our nation---America. Why don't you get out of United States? Come back to the Republic which we were given. Then you can once again have a lawful government that represents you, the people. Stop voting your twisted, false beliefs, held by the uneducated masses. Find out how and when your "Federal Government" was given jurisdiction over the states of the Union. You are ruled by statutes, not law. And you don't even know the difference. I won't apologize for being so negative. I don't see anything positive in our future. A nation of idiots will be ruled by idiots. I'm really hoping that at least a few will wake up and see the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join