It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Election is Almost Over & Israeli PM Netanyahu 'ready' to Order Strike on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Article

Looks like Netanyahu is amping up the rhetoric again about striking a blow to Iran, unilaterally, if necessary.

The Israeli gov has failed to to get the US Government to set a clear "red line" for military action in Iran.

As a result, I would not be surprised at all if the Prime Minister decides to take military action once our election is over. I'm sure Netanyahu had to go through a litany of warnings and pleadings from the US not to stir the pot prior to the election. But, he seems to be saying the time has come to stop Iran's nuclear aspirations.

Could be SHTF will happen sooner than later in the Middle East once we know who won the Presidential election. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think he just had to wait until election day to start to make his move. Regardless of who wins, we are going into Iran. This calls to mind the whole Iran hostage crisis. It seemed as soon as Reagan was sworn in that the game was on.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
As a relative newbie to posting, I get extremely frustrated with duplication. At least you were nice about it and didn't rail me like other members have done in the past. So help me out a sec. If I want to post something newsworthy, I first run a search. If nothing shows up, I look at New Topics. If nothing shows up still, I look at the forum (in this case WWIII). If nothing shows up, I start writing and then post. About 50% of the time, I then get a nasty notification from a member with thousands of points that I was late to the starting line and to F' off. The Mod then 404's it to oblivian. I've never seen such selfishness and animosity displayed by SOME members in a forum like this when you accidentally post a duplicate article. In this case, you posted yours in the Alternative News forum. How could I have detected that? Please help me. What can I do in the future to avoid all this?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb
As a relative newbie to posting, I get extremely frustrated with duplication. At least you were nice about it and didn't rail me like other members have done in the past. So help me out a sec. If I want to post something newsworthy, I first run a search. If nothing shows up, I look at New Topics. If nothing shows up still, I look at the forum (in this case WWIII). If nothing shows up, I start writing and then post. About 50% of the time, I then get a nasty notification from a member with thousands of points that I was late to the starting line and to F' off. The Mod then 404's it to oblivian. I've never seen such selfishness and animosity displayed by SOME members in a forum like this when you accidentally post a duplicate article. In this case, you posted yours in the Alternative News forum. How could I have detected that? Please help me. What can I do in the future to avoid all this?

Sometimes it's just difficult to avoid double posting. As I have ranted about before, the searching abilities for ATS need some major overhaul. Never let an ATS poster with a big ego prevent you from posting something you feel should be posted. There is a "right" way to handle it (kindly posting a link in your post to where the topic is already being discussed) and a "wrong" way to handle it (going off on someone else because you were the first one to post).

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The real reason Israel wants to attack Iran, is cut off Chinas fuel supply.

One of the big research fields right now is the development by the Max Planck Society's Dr. Hell (yes that is his real last name) who recently got a European Science award for making the new microscope to see smaller than mankind has ever seen. The Max Planck Society is jointly doing its research with China.

They are looking at the 10,000 or so atoms within a cell to see why they are held together and work. If Germany-China finds out first why atoms stick together to create cells....they could create a small handheld weapon to point at you and make your cells fall apart.

Israel (and others) are scared to death over this new realm of research. Britain screwed up after WWII and wanted to allow Germany to keep its mad man science outfit....America and the world didn't want Germany to have the right to keep their mad science enterprise.

It doesn't matter now. A few people on the planet now know how to make cells fall apart. They will become Gods over the rest of us.....the few they decide to allow to live.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah right. Israel isnt gonna do anything!!!

CX

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

I wouldn't worry too much about the duplicate postings, even the longest standing members do it accidentally.

What makes a difference is the way people let you know, and unfortunately some people don't have the manners they were born with.

Don't forget you can have a thread about the same subject in a different forum.

CX.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He is just hoping Romney wins is all.

I bet he will ask Obama ONE MORE TIME, if both are re-elected, for assistance then they'll just drag them into it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

if Israel could attack Iran it would never get permission from anyone and we would know about it from breaking news on TVs ! they are not after what they call it Armageddon wars ! because they know that the wicked will be defeated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

In this case it is allowed. Since the other thread is in Breaking Alternative News a second thread in a topical forum is OK.

Mainly just make sure you use search before posting. This one can remain open.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I found it interesting that the show 'Homeland' began its second series with a sub-plot that tells the tale of a unilateral Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, which was only partially successful due to some Iranian sites being deep underground in reinforced bunkers. In the show, the pro-Israeli senators are lobbying to secure a writ from the POTUS - asking him to sign off on the supply of bigger & better USA-made bunker-busters, to be sent to Israel, so that the Jewish state can complete their mission.

It seems quite feasible in some regards - and as I watched, I had the sense that this 'fictional story' might yet prove to have been strangely prophetic, when all is said and done. I haven't seen the original Israeli version of the show yet, but will be checking it out soon.

In terms of the elections, the timing has obviously been carefully engineered (by those who have a vested interest in the coordinated national activities & international security of Israel & the USA.)
edit on 6-11-2012 by Lincoln2612 because: adding comments

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Netanyahu. is a loose cannon, he is not interested in peace with Iran and Ahmediajhad, vice versa... If Israel, strikes Iran, good chances, Egypt, and other muslim, countries will use this as an act to attack Israel, etc. etc. I am surprised it has been mostly peaceful on a conventional war perspective for a couple decades, Iraq, was a blitzkrieg, does not really count..

These idiots are instinctively poised to throw rocks at each other shoot at each other, cut each other punch each other, shoot rockets at each other at any given moment, they have been doing it since the beginning of time...

I won't be surprised...
edit on 6-11-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MaurinQuina

It seems you are another soul who does't really know what he/she is talking about when it comes to the Middle East. The anti-Israeli propaganda on this site is really quite sickening, and it appears that you've been suckered by the drivel and vitriol..

Netenyahu isn't a 'loose cannon' - he's been patient with Iran for a long time. The Jewish state has every right to exist, and when the most dangerously insane, fundamental Islamic leadership in the regional neighbourhood keeps dropping hints about destroying your nation (the Israeli nation is just a tiny little island of Judaism in a vast sea of Islam) - then Netenyahu had every right in the world to tactically pre-empt the blatantly obvious danger, and strike against the nuclear facilities. Look up online how many nobel peace prizes the Israelis have won - they are not the bloodthirsty savages that a great number of ATS'ers would have us believe.

Do you really think Iran doesn't want the bomb? Do you know what Iran would do if they had the bomb?

'Goodnight Israel, travel well..' would sum it up.

A strike against Iran, either unilateral or multilateral, was always going to happen if the Iranians decided to pursue nuclear research - it's as simple as that. If a 20 year-old posts on facebook about wanting to kill the kids at his nearest middle school, he probably gets caught by the police, charged, tried, jailed and ultimately processed back into society - do you think they would ever let him legally purchase a 50-calibre sniper rifle?

No, of course not.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Lincoln2612 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yeah don't sweat it.. those guys will blast people to the point that people start putting "i don't know if this has already been posted" at the top of their threads (to which the same people who caused the disclaimer phenom will then come in and talk about how annoying the disclaimer is). I say if it doesn't show up in the search post it and to hell with the rest of them. I saw this thread before the apparent duplicate.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lincoln2612

Well.. if it seemed feasible it's because they just took it from the headlines.

Last year Israel said their bunker busters wouldn't get into the deep facilities. So the US created new bigger bunker busters for that specific purpose and they finished and unveiled those about 3 months ago. Within two days of unveiling their new bunker busters Obama gave a big aid package to Israel.

So basically the show just dramatized it by making Israel attempt and attack rather than figuring out the problem before hand.

Also.. in response to your later post. It's not sickening at all to see that people are opening their eyes to the fact that the Israeli government is out of hand with their war mongering. Sure there are a few nuts on this site, but there are also a lot of instances of people being unfairly portrayed as pro Iran or anti Israel rather than what they are in reality: anti-war.

We don't need to get involved with Iran. If Israel wants to, that's there business.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

What you say sums it up.

The reason people make a special case for Iran is they think that somehow Iran is justified in getting the 50-calibre sniper rifle. That should tell you something about which side of the fence they're on.

They're saying that Israel does not deserve national security. They're saying it's ok if Iran screams and shouts that innocent person A should be killed. It's ok if Iran then gets a 50-calibre sniper rifle. So if Iran gets the rifle and shoots person A (directly or by proxy) then it's ok.

You RIGHTLY say that we cannot let Iran get the 50-calibre sniper rifle based on what Iran has said in the past and what they have done as well (supported Hezbollah/Hamas, for example).

I fully expect Israel to do something and we will, whether we want to or not, become involved. Israel is justified in responding because this threat has teeth and they deserve national security.

For those unaware, here's some not-so-pleasant reading:
www.washingtonpost.com -
Khamenei: Iran will back ‘any nations, any groups’ fighting Israel...

“From now onward, we will support and help any nations, any groups fighting against the Zionist regime across the world, and we are not afraid of declaring this,” Khamenei said during a rare Friday prayer lecture at Tehran University.

“The Zionist regime is a true cancer tumor on this region that should be cut off,” the supreme leader said. “And it definitely will be cut off.”
He suggested that Iran’s support for the Palestinian militant group Hamas and for Lebanon’s Hezbollah had helped lead to victory in their battles with “the Zionist state,” as Israel is officially called here.

“We got involved in the anti-Israeli issues, which resulted in victory in the 33-day and 22-day wars,” Khamenei said, referring to Israel’s 2006 war with Lebanon and its incursion into the Gaza Strip in late 2008.

Israel has a right to defend themselves and ensure national security.
edit on 6-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lincoln2612
reply to post by MaurinQuina

It seems you are another soul who does't really know what he/she is talking about when it comes to the Middle East. The anti-Israeli propaganda on this site is really quite sickening, and it appears that you've been suckered by the drivel and vitriol..

Netenyahu isn't a 'loose cannon' - he's been patient with Iran for a long time. The Jewish state has every right to exist, and when the most dangerously insane, fundamental Islamic leadership in the regional neighbourhood keeps dropping hints about destroying your nation (the Israeli nation is just a tiny little island of Judaism in a vast sea of Islam) - then Netenyahu had every right in the world to tactically pre-empt the blatantly obvious danger, and strike against the nuclear facilities. Look up online how many nobel peace prizes the Israelis have won - they are not the bloodthirsty savages that a great number of ATS'ers would have us believe.

Do you really think Iran doesn't want the bomb? Do you know what Iran would do if they had the bomb?

'Goodnight Israel, travel well..' would sum it up.

A strike against Iran, either unilateral or multilateral, was always going to happen if the Iranians decided to pursue nuclear research - it's as simple as that. If a 20 year-old posts on facebook about wanting to kill the kids at his nearest middle school, he probably gets caught by the police, charged, tried, jailed and ultimately processed back into society - do you think they would ever let him legally purchase a 50-calibre sniper rifle?

No, of course not.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Lincoln2612 because: (no reason given)

what?

anti-Israel propaganda? The guy is a loose cannon, he will do whatever he can to get the world to attack Iran, Just like he did with Iraq.. I know enough about the middle east, to know the people act arcane, and fight over GOD's and temples, just like they did in the middle ages..

Using me as a stepping stool to get up on your preacher bench is moronic, you obviously have an agenda to keep..
it is pretty obvious, your actions in response seem to resemble the same instinctive pedigree, as someone from these moronic tribes killing each other over gods.

I tell you, this world is full of idiots, morons and dolts, and you sir... Are a Jack ass..
edit on 6-11-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well that made me laugh out loud. (I don't write in shorthand 'text-speak', as I value the English language..)

I was quite unwell for a long time last year, and I stopped listening in on the wire that is the world-wide-web. Literally shut out the world, no news, no papers, no web-browsing - nada. As I get most of my general knowledge from tidbits I see on ATS leading me into further study, I've missed a vast percentage of the main news items of 2011.

Thanks for the pointer - it's one of those pesky details that makes you look like a complete noob, even if you have a fairly good understanding of the tensions in the region...

Gracias, Lincoln.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

i'm part Israeli and your post made me nauseous just reading the hypocrisy. your boss over there in the homeland is psychotic, get used to it, i have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join