It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, my name is Steve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ive been attracted to this website for a fairly long time. I come here to gain counter-perspective to the status quo in news and media. I find many threads extremely insightful and intuitive. Im am 25 years old and i live in southwestern Ontario, Canada. I work for a living at the tune of 53 hours per week to earn the life that i try to appreciate. Thats not to say that i do not appreciate what i got, but i realise the potential for humanity in general to make continual progress through trial and error in our social construct.

I was raised a roman catholic from birth, and was raised loosely in the religious traditions that my family followed. I say loosely as my commitment and the commitment of my family was not on the levels that i had seen, and simply accredited this difference in levels of belief, were as some would be strong believers and some would be weak or lesser believers. I went to a catholic grade school and high school. It was in grade 10 that started a series of events that would question my own person to the very core. Without spending too much time on it, after a great deal of consideraion and several years, i had believed with conviction that i was an athiest.

The path that i discovered in finding myself and my core of beliefs led me to many logical arguments with, of course my self. Unknown to me at the time, i was sharpening my mind and intellectual capacity to develop some properties of freethinking. I would not consider myself a free thinker but it is somthing that i strive for. I work everyday to be as objective as possible and challenging myself to intellectual veracity in attempts to subdue my own fallibility. Now, on a side note, that is not to say that my position as both an athiest and apprentice freethinker provoces a sense of intellectual highground, rather than i have chosen my path and wish only to gain perspective to gain a less subjective and more objective understanding of truth. Simply put it is my subjective decision to place objective truth paramount to the subjective in how i live my life. I dont jump to conclusion and try my very best to take proper considerations of the the position of others.

I have recently found that many of my friends are incapable of understanding some of the fundamental observations that have led to me being me. But wait, im not sombody who nobody understands. I have the capacity of great feats of explaination. Many of my co-workers are astonished at how I go abouts "assassinating" ignorance and fallacy. Not to say my co-workers are ignorant simpletons, but they may have dosed off in a few biology or physics classes. One particular denial of ignorance, i explained the fundamental mechanical operaion of the famous little boy to refute his assertion that building a nuclear weapon was impossible and the technology to do so was purely in the hands of the PTB. Obviously for the specifics of the bomb were never revealed but its simple concept in all respects is very easy to explain.

I now consider the context of sombody readin this and thinking about sombody going around work and telling everybody they are wrong, and the affiliation that could seemingly be made about me. This introducion is meant as a brief introduction to my personality and a brief insight to give you, the members of ats a perspective of who i am. Im just another regular guy trying to find his place in the world. In no way to i feel as though things should be brought to light without consent. If one seeks it i will deliver it and encourage whoever it may be to either validate or falsify my information, as never should anybody just believe what they hear.

I am also very historically inspired. I spend a great deal of my time reading and watching things that have lead us to the humanity we find ourselves in today. To appreciate the past is to realise your own mortality and in that appreciate what has been sacrificed for us to live the way we do today, in a world of social progress, nomatter how unsatisfactory or negative said progress is. It while subjectively gains us insight in our past, more importantly re-inforces the process of progressing humanity at the expense of humanity. This is to say that, without leaders of the past that dreamed of a world unburdened by the afflictions of the time, and acting towards making that goal reality even when said revolutionary thinkers never got to see it for themselves. Its brings fresh air to our plight, in hopes that we too may start the events that cause social progress however signifigant at some level of expense.

To conclude, i look foward to discussing many different topics on this forum. This is not the first forum ive been on, and much has been learned. To the relief of the mods, ive also never been punished or banned for any reason on any forum. I plan to follow the rules and regulations of this forum to the best of my ability. Ive recently has a personal revelation regarding conspiracy theorys and hope to start a thread engaging those interested in a mentally challenging conundrum, potentially and hopfully in my own capacity to be as liberating as it has been for me. While i may remain polite, my convictions will always prevail and my debate will be the closest to intellectual veracity as possible for myself in my capacity. I look to further this capacity and hope this can be the school of thought required to further my work in finding objective truth and dispelling subjective truth. Finally i will also make it clear that i have no university education and my college education was in mechanical engineering. In no way am i any sort of intellectual or debater, and seeking out such education would in the most part prove unsatisfactory to my personal mental conditioning. Not to say that universities are unable to educate me, but that they require money that i do not have and i believe myseld to be my best teacher in my own mental capacity.

( i realise there may be few spelling mistakes, or grammitacal errors. I have some difficulty with forums and my iphone, but will correct them once i get onto my laptop. Iam working atm, but feel this introductory thread gets to the content regardless of said mistakes)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Wow that was a introduction worthy of a star and flag

Also hello from Alberta and because it is the season and I love the commercial makes me laugh every time

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hey Steve,hows it going man?Enjoy the site eh.well take off you hoser and explore

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by weston19

Hiiiii Steve!

Welcome to ATS weston19, I picked a good day to read the intros..nicely done

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
In light of my more serious approach to my introducion, i would like to present a more subjective point of view on my personality. Im unmarried and have no children. I still live at home, my father and mother splitting towards the end of highschool, leaving me in place of my father to care for my mother and sister. I work as a cnc machinist, though feel the job unfulfilling and empty, with low pay for position that requires quite a bit of skill. I enjoy heavy metal music, however i do not bound myself to the genre constraints and will occasionally listen to the likes of Biggie or Snoop, The Beatles or Elvis. To me good music is good music. I also spend time on my PS3. I would have said a week ago that my favorite game is Assasins Creed, however its under serious review after the conclusion of the latest release. I played hockey as a youth mostly as a defenceman, however was revered for being a secret weapon with un-contested break-away speed (literally, after 12 years of playing, never did i encounter a player in my local region that could pass me. Maybe catch, but never exceed)

My local area has been one of the most seriously affected by the economic storm we find ourselves trying to weather. With the historical city of Detroit literally right across the river, ive had the liberty of growing up in a very americanized city. The national sports events are a bus rides away with some hassle from the border guards, which ive seen a dramatic change of resolve post 911. The population of both cities of windsor and detroit have plummeted and there is still no end in sight.

Ive travelled a great deal within America, and while being Canadian, i will say that i love the history, scenery, and people of your country. We truely in my opinion the two greatest allies ever share a border. I do not hold dissent as i have seen so often towards Americans. If anybody is in it together, its the USA and Canada. Ive been to Flordia, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennesse, Missouri, Illinois, and on the longest trip, spanned California from the redwoods of Fort Bragg to the city of angels, LA, taking the entire trip down the pacific highway. Ive also travelled in Ontario, from London to Toronto, along the coasts of the great lakes, and also visited Montreal and Quebec City. Not to say the rest of the world has it bad, just to me im proud of the natural beauty of the place i call home. I would love to visit europe having some strange ancestry ( Irish, Scottish, English, and French) and the more peculiar concoction that i am equally split between each, 25%) but responsibility and finacial burdens are all ever looming.

I have stayed far away from debt. Its inescapable but for as long as i can i will dodge its slavery, leaving me in a position with very little present finacial obligations, however future ones are always looming. I am at the mercy of my local economy and while so many have left i still have hope that the cities that forged the production lines that helped our contries through war and brought us prosperity will one day return to the former glory of the hayday.

I also find myself reluctant to abide to political and social parties. While i feel that many have good intentions, the subjective nature will ultimatly result in inequality to some other persons expense. I stand for absolute equality for all walks of life, religious, sexual, racial, and any other further seperated group that has identified itself as such and those without the capacity or ability to do so. I stand for freewill, liberty, freedom, and actively seek out inspiring quotes by men and women greater than myself. I do stand against special right, oppression, genocide (both intentional and non) and for the most part war. But many of these positions can be brought to light in future threads, im simply establishing a position so that my new community can gain a perspective about me, which is the premise of an introduction.

To my Canadian brother, i regret to say that while i find humour in that video, the weather in my region is not typical to most of Canada. We get snow, but being the most southern portion of Ontario we usually just get clipped by the larger storms that produce the copious amouts of snow you must see in the west. I usually dread the snowfall for fear of the drivers that will have to deal with it. Many drivers have very little practice in the slippery conditions and it always results in some very horrific accidents. Its really due to the sporadic nature of the weather. We could get 6" of snow on tuesday and its already melted and gone by thursday due to some weather events that i will really never understand. We have some very wacky weather here, snow rarely sticks, we have tornados seemingly randomly and have seem lots of displays of extreme weather. Im afraid to concede that you are much more Canadian than I, as the relative proximity to the states has had a large impact on our society.

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That's not as much an introduction as a biography.
I see you registered some time ago. A bit delayed introduction.
Enjoy your stay.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I joined initially to gain insight on perceptions and positions, with no desire to take positions myself. It is my opinion, while subjective in nature, that my desire has grown from simply observing to willingly participating in discussion. While i dont take many positions i do think i have skeptical perspectives that will provoke some deeper inquiry that could help "deny ignorance". I apologize if the intro was resembling a biography, however i feel some important positions should be made known right off the start in effort to validate future points i might make.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The path that i discovered in finding myself and my core of beliefs...

...has led you here. Welcome to the desert of the real.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
welcome home, steve!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Howdy! Welcome to ATS!

If you decide you'd like an avatar of your very own, come over to our thread and we'll hook ya up!

Link is in my sig line (free of charge and all that good stuff
)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by weston19

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

With an intro like that, you'll make a fine addition to the ATS family. Hope to see you around.

top topics

join