It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Not Voting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

It really makes me frustrated that no one on here seems to realize what you've just said!!

It's up to the electoral college!!

We the people's vote-is just like a suggestion! The people who run all this just want us thinking our votes are being counted correctly and actually matter. It's hooo blah!

It's all crooked in my opinion. And I feel like I need to stop worrying about all this and live!! It's inevitable.

Edit: you say goodbye and I say hello
edit on 6-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

Edit: My opinion-I also was raised with the saying if you don't vote you don't have a voice! Well I think that's a load of bull! I don't have to vote because I'm not going to play into this corrupt game that's going on. And I have a voice-i can speak.

From one southern belle to another, I say, thank goodness there are a whole lot of us who get it!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
When I vote, I vote my conscience. I don't listen to who I should or should not vote for. I agree with other posters, if you don't like what the sell outs say, don't vote for them. Vote for who comes close to what YOU believe. Their are also other important things to vote on than the POTUS. Things that will directly effect people locally. A raise in sales tax to fund road upgrades, term limits on city counsel, police and fire funding, and marijuana legalization to name a few.
So, I voted...because that was what I can do for my country, fellow citizens, and myself. It is also a matter of honor for me as well. But that is the great thing about this country, you are given the opportunity to vote or not. I support whatever decision you make for yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So ya' ll understand I would have abstained ONLY from the presidential race. I can't vote in the local elections yet. Haven't been a resident here long enough.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am not voting either.

Either way I'm screwed.

Obama wants to take my guns. Romney wants to take my welfare.

Damn...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anoobgirl

I'm not voting because they are all following an agenda geared towards our demise. Believe it or not it's true.

Project

Even the local issues that matter to them are overturned by a judge so it's all completely futile.
edit on 6-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I understand and respect the reasons why some are choosing not to vote, any logical person knows what BS this election is......and it makes me MAD !

Why do you think no 3rd party canidate has been allowed in the debates since Ross Perot, BECAUSE he did much better then they thought he could, and that scared TPTB.....somewhere these votes are counted and you can bet it sends a message....lol....F@#K YOU.....

I am voting mostly for local and state measures that I do believe we still can influence, and some important issues on the ballot in CA in this election.....it's going to be an interesting next few days......

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by projectvxn

If you don't vote, no argument you make in the future can be taken seriously.

I am of the firm belief that when you decide to not speak up through your ballot, you give up your right to speak out afterwards.

This is a common cliche.
Don't y'all just love how Americans want to take your rights away? I only get to criticize the absurd system of lies if I go through an idiotic ritual of "voting" for one of two people who would murder my fellow human beings in countries around the world for no good reason?
If I vote for Jill, then it has an even less impact than not voting at all. All that vote would say is that I believe in a system which I don't believe in. So, I can wait in line to lie to my fellow citizens of this country, while at the same time promoting a system which had been usurped long before I was born. I follow the seemingly singular maxim of 'learning from past experiences'.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I think voting in local is far more effective.

Also if the selection of senators were returned to state legislators there would be some actual state representation

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The people of this country will never learn that they have only one voice. The voice of an elite cabal who want us all to starve.

Baa !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

you abrogate your right to bitch.

How so Johnny ? Explain how my rights depend on my vote ? I've never seen you so wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

The people of this country will never learn that they have only one voice. The voice of an elite cabal who want us all to starve.

Baa !

Not all. But they certainly need a very vocal portion of the population at starvation levels so they have an excuse for constantly increasing taxation on any who aren't starving. "Its for the children".

Antifederalist No. 1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION: A DANGEROUS PLAN OF BENEFIT ONLY TO THE "ARISTOCRATICK COMBINATION" www.wepin.com...

edit on 6-11-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is my second legal election, i refused to choose between 2 evils in 2008 and I refuse to choose now. I vote no!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You may abstain from voting if you like, but if you complain about something you didn’t have enough interest in to vote for or against, and we all know you didn’t vote, why should we listen to your complaints?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Although I do respect your right to not vote, I hope you realize that as a result, you give up any right to complain about any political issue going forward.

You'd be surprised, that many of us share in many of the things you mention here. Perhaps not on all counts, but some.

Lastly, as you mentioned, you're a soldier, THANK YOU for your service to your country, and, to each,of us.

Please reconsider, as you still have time. After all, our right to vote, IS one of the things our military fights for, for each of us!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Politics, the art of compromise. In the political environment today, you will not find the candidate that will represent you fully or all of your values and ideas. While none of the politicians will represent as we would like, the important thing is to vote, and actually use the one thing that you have at your disposal and ability to do. Those who do not vote, should not complain, should not speak out, nor should they do anything but accept the voice of those who voted, or even the person who is put into office.

While I can feel for your point of view, as in my opinion non of the people I voted for represent me at all. I do not see them flipping burgers or scrubbing toilets or even out in the fields picking crops, or doing anything for min wage, but I still vote. At my age and seeing how the country works, I am still and have been under the firm belief, that any person gets one shot and then my vote goes for someone else, so they will need to actually do their job and make a mark, rather than a whimper.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

Those who do not vote, should not complain, should not speak out, nor should they do anything but accept the voice of those who voted, or even the person who is put into office.

You must have voted for Mussilini. lol

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
You may abstain from voting if you like, but if you complain about something you didn’t have enough interest in to vote for or against, and we all know you didn’t vote, why should we listen to your complaints?

I have more respect for the opinions of those who can see the big picture and refuse to toe the party lines like most of the party loyalists in this country. Those of you who hitch your wagons to this corrupt two party system are part of the problem rather than the solution.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Congratulations OP. If you're smart enough to see through this illusion and fake facade they would would have you believe you have a say in ? Then you move to the head of the class as far as true patriotism goes in America.

When you can't win at a game where losing could mean everything? Then don't play the game. Good for you.

SnF

I refuse to vote no matter what illegitimate sense anyone tries to make of it.
edit on 5-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I'm debating going today. I have planned on voting third party, but really we all know Nothing will come of that, nothing. There will not be 5% of the votes for a third party candidate, let's be real here. There is not one proposition that is good, they all are bad or have ridiculous loopholes, and the same goes for the senate race.

I think the non-voter turnout percentage should be news-worthy, but again that won't either.

All you that vote third party, report back here tomorrow would you? I'd like to know how you feel.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

You must have voted for Mussilini. lol

Pol Pot !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Both candidates are Bilderberg Group approved and funded . The Bilderberg Elite the Rothschilds fund the wars that occur on this globe . BOTH SIDES . The same goes for this war between Obama and Romney and votes are the bullets . This tells me that they OWN both dogs in this fight all you can do is to choose the one you want to chew you up , literally .The Bilderbergs are the New World Order and the Agenda 21 bunch .This is like picking which gun you want to be shot with . Ron Paul on the other hand is anti Fed and NWO .He was shut down on every front by the National News . Guess who owns those News Companies ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join