It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Not Voting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Funny thing is even voting for the local "popular" vote election you are feeding the beast, Remember that all those local politicians are little fish in the big pond of their parties. The county elections are stepping stones for party members. I'm not saying don't vote just beware of how local politics figure in the big picture.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When you do not vote the only message you are saying is " I will let someone else decide for me." At the end of the day even if your voice wasn't with the crowd that won at least you used it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That's a shame

I do not agree at all with your personal beliefs, but I encourage you to voice your opinion and vote 3rd party if you hate the Democrats and Republicans that much.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The only way to give the system the middle finger is to vote 3rd party if enough people do it then they will have to contend with them next election or do nothing if you are fine with the status quo.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I will be voting for Gary Johnson....my greastest wish at this point is that a third party will at least have a strong showing....Jill Stein is Great, but not viable....but want to give a big "shout out" to her and her running mate....they were actually arrested, handcuffed and detained for showing up at the "mock" debates between the puppets....God Bless them for thier courage and conviction....

WHY, WHY....would any Ron Paul supporters throw away thier vote and write in his name? Gary Johnson, who holds the same ideas is ON the ballot...yeah...it's rigged....most of us know that.....but damm at least it could make a statement.......I understand the reasons, I also felt that way, I was heartbroken over everything that went down in Ron Paul's campaign, corruption to the core......and in his honor I will be voting for REAL CHANGE...not the nonscence "game" of amusment that the "elites" play with our lives.....

I wish I could explain this better, I just KNOW in the depth of my heart and soul that voting "could" matter, and also that other things on the ballot are important...in CA prop 37...labling GMO foods....Oh God......what a challenge we all face....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I will be voting for Gary Johnson....my greastest wish at this point is that a third party will at least have a strong showing....Jill Stein is Great, but not viable....but want to give a big "shout out" to her and her running mate....they were actually arrested, handcuffed and detained for showing up at the "mock" debates between the puppets....God Bless them for thier courage and conviction....

WHY, WHY....would any Ron Paul supporters throw away thier vote and write in his name? Gary Johnson, who holds the same ideas is ON the ballot...yeah...it's rigged....most of us know that.....but damm at least it could make a statement.......I understand the reasons, I also felt that way, I was heartbroken over everything that went down in Ron Paul's campaign, corruption to the core......and in his honor I will be voting for REAL CHANGE...not the nonscence "game" of amusment that the "elites" play with our lives.....

I wish I could explain this better, I just KNOW in the depth of my heart and soul that voting "could" matter, and also that other things on the ballot are important...in CA prop 37...labling GMO foods....Oh God......what a challenge we all face....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Fine and dandy. Don't vote, however don't come on here and whine either. ATS members have pretty good memories.

I understand.
But the choice isn't real.

I'm going to live in reality.

The reality is that we vote for a candidate you believe in or you give up. If you given up, why are you in the military? You care enough to be in the military, but not enough to even try to affect who directs you into who's nation?

It's true that only Romney or Obama will win this election. That's in the bag. But any 3rd party that gets 5% of the vote, gets a legitimate chance at the next four years to direct your ass home instead into the next hot zone.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
OP, I stand with you. I have battled this for the last month or so about voting. I have said for many years now that it does not matter what party is voted for. The game is always the same. In the last 8 yrs though it's been a different story. Now it isn't about what can be done to make this a better country, now it's about what can be taken from the American people to further tptb's agenda at our cost.

I just can't do it. I refuse to vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Even at a state level the corruption is more than evident and I refuse to participate in that also. If for no other reason than all the campaign posters everywhere that obscure the view of on coming traffic at every intersection. Let a business put up that sort of advertising and see how quick tptb make said business take it down, hypocrisy that about sums up this whole government that we are under and I'm not playing anymore.

My goal now is to be come as self-sustainable as I can possibly be. That is the only agenda that I am now interested in.
There are those that will say I'm copping out, call it what you will, I just no longer want to be part of all the bs.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

WRONG

Go vote for Ron Paul or ANYONE else for that matter.

We HAVE to make a stand. Help the cause. Show that a 3rd Party is viable so we can stop the anti-3rd Party propaganda once and for all.

Turn out for anyone BUT Obamney/Robamny in FORCE so they can no longer ignore us.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I am not voting either.

I feel that our votes really don't matter.

Electoral college matters.

It is not my civic or Christian duty to vote.

Edit: last time I voted I was called for jury duty 3 times within 2months. No thanks. I'm sorry-I don't have the right to judge anyone for what they have done.
edit on 6-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

Edit again: being called for jury duty is not the reason I'm not voting-just to clarify-I was just saying.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I wish no one would show up to vote.
I want there to be crickets chirping at the polls one of these days, after candidates spend billions of dollars to campaign. After pundits yak their heads off for years leading up to an election.

I want TV cameras staring wondering why no one is buying into their vote early slogans and then really start to get nervous when the big day itself arrives and shows no one standing in line. No political signs and people waving. Then the system might change when they realize no one wants to play the game anymore.
I can only hope.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was thinking about voting but I'm in class all day today (til 10 pm) and I kind of woke up too late to get to the voting booth early. Oh well I wasn't going to vote for either of the two puppets anyways. Not like it would have mattered what I cast.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'm Not Voting

This is the first election year that I have legally been able to participate in as a new American citizen.

What a shame. I guess you won't complain about politics since you do not participate in the vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

I'm Not Voting

This is the first election year that I have legally been able to participate in as a new American citizen.

What a shame. I guess you won't complain about politics since you do not participate in the vote.

Oh I can't complain because I don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils? Obama or Romney are the only two choices. You don't think that's reason enough to both abstain and complain?

We are given a false choice and when someone refuses to give in to it you people get all high and mighty about how righteous it is to vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Haha. That's the response I would have anticipated. But it is you choice to give up.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I love my country no less than anyone who is voting and prolly even more. As I look to a non voting population to send the message they will otherwise never hear in D.C.

We aren't the dumb ass blind fools you have allowed yourselves to believe we are.

So please people remember not to vote.
edit on 5-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)
Not voting will do NOTHING to send a message. If only one person in each state were to vote, that is all that is needed to guarantee that things stay the same. Elections, the future of the the system, aren't decided by people who think they are taking some non-existent moral highground by not voting. The system, and whether it stays as is or changes for the better, is decided by people who DO vote.

I'm sorry, but your moral victory is anything but. You have just given your tacit approval for the voting population to determine your fate for you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

If Obama and Romney were the only two choices, you may have a point. But, they aren't. So, your moral grandstanding means exactly squat.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I felt much the same as you, but I have decided to go vote libertarian and help give the party their 5%.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I voted because....
Bad politicians are elected by Good people that don't vote!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Basically I'm a Constitutionalist Conservative with a flavor of Libertarianism. Romney and Obama do not represent me.. So therefore I cannot cast a vote because it just doesn't matter.

With all due respect, I think that's a load of crap. People worldwide die fighting for the right which you chose to eschew. So get out and vote for a 3'rd party candidate...anything less is laziness. Further, by ignoring your right to vote, you abrogate your right to bitch.

Go vote.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join