It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama wins and Gary Johnson gets his 5%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Problem with electing a Libertarian prez is the house senate and congress.. there is really little libertarian representation. However, Id love to see how many dems and repubs jump ship.

The closest political party I can identify with are libertarians.. and was a republican when younger. Both the democrat and republican parties have changed so much I dont really think either of them are any shadow of what they used to be. Bunch of hateful extremists.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

There are a few conservative parties.

Directory of USA political parties

I do believe in fiscal responsibility. I also believe the Gov needs to stay out of people's personal lives. Religion, abortion, same sex marriage, drug and alcohol use....is not the gov's business. Pave the roads, deliver the mail and protect the borders....that's it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Due to the fact that Libertarians are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, I believe they are far more equipped to work on "both sides of the Aisle". They take the best of the two primary parties and merge them into one package. I believe a Libertarian is perhaps the best suited of all to lead a divided Congress.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Gary whateverhisnameis, will not even get 1% of the vote.

He ran a terrible campaign.

If you are serious about the Presidency you have to do a much better job at organizing than he did.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by Advantage

Due to the fact that Libertarians are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, I believe they are far more equipped to work on "both sides of the Aisle". They take the best of the two primary parties and merge them into one package. I believe a Libertarian is perhaps the best suited of all to lead a divided Congress.

Thats what I said Jeremiah.. except for your merging idea. Proper representation includes individual major parties.. of which we have been excluded. Up until now, people have embraced the 2 party system in action, even if not in their rhetoric.
Im a Libertarian, so I pretty well know what they are. I said Id be interested to see who jumped ship in those areas of our govt. What youre saying is exactly what I just said concerning the jumping ship IE working with a libertarian rather than towing the party line. First term for a Libertarian doesnt mean he will have a stacked deck with the warring parties. It would be second term Libertarian presidency when youd see some cohesion.

Ever worked in or with city govt? Even on that level the main line towing types who have that r or d near their name will tow a hardcore line just to spiff the other party, to get nominations, or to get votes.. initially. Just happened in a town over from me.. an independent bridged that gap. MANY jumped ship from their hard party line past.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

The goal wasn't to be president though...
Give him 5, that's all he needs.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
He could very well get 5% or at the very least..close.

He is currently polling 4% nationally.

If we all get our friends to vote GJ, it could happen.

Ask yourself this question. Do you really want another Bush/McCain/Romney as the GOP nominee in 2016? Of course not.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
Gary whateverhisnameis, will not even get 1% of the vote.

He ran a terrible campaign.

If you are serious about the Presidency you have to do a much better job at organizing than he did.

the hell are you talking about? The Libertarian 2012 run has been the most successful...

GJ raised $2M, utilized social media and toured the nation.

Like I said before, he is polling at 4% most of that has to do with Ron Paul's success but Gary Johnson suffers from low name recognition, something that is very common when the media refuses to acknowledge you.

The ignorance of new members on ATS is just simply astonishing. I remember when I used to lurk ATS because the level of intellect used to be so high...now look at what we have to deal with.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why exactly are you so DESPERATE to have the only voices of dissent to your way of thinking marginalized and disenfranchised?

Are we that much of a threat to you?

Are you THAT SCARED that people will see the SANITY and LOGIC behind our assertions that everything can't be all candy and lollipops?

Are you that weak minded and weak stomached that you'd just give up your ideology because of a defeat or two?

Are you that EGO CENTRIC to think that the rest of the world will convert to your way of thinking?

Are you just plain that STUPID that you haven't seen the pattern of the last almost 2 DECADES of each party taking the lead for 8 years and then the other side getting elected?

Really your ridiculous assertions and DELUSIONS of GRANDEUR only make you and the party you support look WEAK and PATHETIC.

If Obama wins another 4 years the only thing that will happen is that this country will be even worse off than it is now, and gun sales will go even further through the roof as people buy up everything the democrats want so badly to ban they were willing to GIVE GUNS TO DRUG CARTELS AND GET AMERICAN BORDER PATROL AGENTS KILLED BY THOSE GUNS in order to take ours away from us!

You support a party that universally and unanimously CONDEMNED the makers of a spoof religious video for their "intolerance" and apologized to those rioting and attacking us. Not only that but your party also used said CONDEMNATION OF FREE SPEECH to try and whitewash an unrelated incident in benghazzi.

While I'm no fan of the republican party the party you support is so utterly repugnant on EVERY LEVEL that I am FORCED to vote for the only candidate that has even a CHANCE of DISLODGING the COLLOSAL WASTE OF HUMAN FLESH AND AIR THAT IS OUR CURRENT COMMANDER IN CHIEF!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The republican party cannot survive if it continues to swing to the right. Its close to a fascist party now, not allowing dissent from its hard right fringe ideology. I think the party will want to survive and to remain relevant will have to swing back to a more moderate stance. They cant really sell the bill of goods they have adopted at present but could do so if they went back to a more mainstream platform, they used to have some appealing ideas, but right now they are pretty much a fringe party. The perception is they are the money party serving the rich only (when in truth BOTH parties do this). They need to sincerely champion some issues that appeal to the electorate again instead of the small constituency that they serve. If they dont, they will be history.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Who cares about Gary Johnson ????
A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Obama. PERIOD !

Gary Johnson doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell of winning the election. Sorry !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

This is the type of ignorance that we have to deal with.

If this isn't a troll bait post, I don't know what is.

edit on 5-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Actually I believe if Romney wins the R's will implode quicker than if he loses. But even then L's becoming a viable third party is unlikely. There's too much money involved and too many people stand to lose a lot so they will fight to the last.

What will happen though is that the R's will fade into a minority white party in 25 years while the dems will continue to appeal to all races. Unfortunately that will take us to a China or Soviet Russia style "democracy"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

It's almost like you guys don't read the thread or something.

Very interesting. Maybe I should do one line threads instead.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As much as I want this to happen (totally voting 3rd party btw), but the mentioning of more than the two parties are what gets me.

Yes, I would like to see more choice in the elections, but according to this:

Americans are as frustrated with our lack of political choices as we are with our lack of genitalia choices. It's ridiculous -- how can the same country that offers 500 varieties of dog toothpaste only offer up two viable options for the most important job in the country? Look at your Facebook feed -- everyone that you haven't already blocked for their political rants is bemoaning the fact that both Mitt Romney and Obama suck. Which explains why 57 percent of Americans wish that they had at least one more option at the poll. Surely there has to be a better way. Choices are nice, but there's one underrated advantage of the two-party system: It makes everyone more moderate. Multiparty systems, as attractive as they may sound, also lead to more fanaticism. Read more: 8 Election Myths You Probably Believe | Cracked.com www.cracked.com...

PRESIDENTIALISM, MULTIPARTY SYSTEMS, AND
DEMOCRACY: THE DIFFICULT EQUATION

For proof, look at the Galactic Senate. Or India. Let's just go with India. Multiparty systems foster excessive regionalism, with elected leaders focusing on trivial local concerns rather than larger national ones, the equivalent of that one lone guy who is zealous about eating at Buffalo Boobs despite the fact that it's not even a restaurant. This is the problem in India, which has so many political parties that we can't count them, making the country so difficult to manage that it's often called a "functioning anarchy."

Indian Party Stats

TMI;DR: Instead of being full on Democrat Vs Republican, what if we added Libertarians, Green Party and all the other political parties floating around in the US and had them argue about?

Could make C-SPAN cable's new primetime hotspot, as depicted in India here:

edit on 5-11-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: put in a higher quality vid

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

edit on 5-11-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: What is up with the double posts?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I've always voted straight GOP. Not this time. I'm a Ron Paul supporter, or I was. After what they did to him, I think it's time to just burn this MF down. I think it's best to vote for obummer, and help him put an end to our nazi, corrupt, commie government.. Burn it down now.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Gary Johnson doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell of winning the election. Sorry !

This sentiment, and belief is exactly what is wrong with our system. The fact that people believe that there are only two choices for candidates is so wrong it's not even funny. The entire country has been brainwashed for so long now...it's time people woke up and refused to vote for either dems or repubs!

I'm voting for Gary Johnson tomorrow because I am sick and tired of the two party stranglehold on this nation. Every American should vote third party for this very reason! End the Democratic and Republican duopoly!
edit on 5-11-2012 by AutOmatIc because: gj

edit on 5-11-2012 by AutOmatIc because: duo

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You, sir. Are brilliant.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
I've always voted straight GOP. Not this time. I'm a Ron Paul supporter, or I was. After what they did to him, I think it's time to just burn this MF down. I think it's best to vote for obummer, and help him put an end to our nazi, corrupt, commie government.. Burn it down now.

Its amazing what the Republican party is unknowingly and actively doing to implode themselves and you are an excellent example...

Long time GOP voter turned Ron Paul supporter, awakened to the realities of the GOP's self-destructive acts and ended up voting for the other party as a result.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join