It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia hit by multiple quakes in the last 24hrs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Earthquakes within Australia are not that common, at least three quakes have been felt within the last 24hrs. Also with a record 1702 lightning strikes within one hour, stretching across a distance of 3500km, coupled with the highly unusual weather we are experiencing. Sorry for lack of sources as there is not much information released at the moment. Will update as news comes to hand.www.ga.gov.au...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That is unusual for Australia, if they are right in aus.
I haven't received any alerts on them as of yet.

The ones in surrounding areas are common though
edit on 5-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
USGS show a Australia devoid of any such thing...am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I can't find anything either.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe USGS don't show under a 4.5 mag at least on the old site except for US quakes. The Aussie quakes appear to be 1.7 to 2.7
edit on 5-11-2012 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by omega man

as i sit in my shed in Victoria the only thing rumbling here will be the hooves of horses in the Melbourne cup and they can have that not interested

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Maybe the frackers. I thought usgs used magnitude 2.5 as the cutoff.....the link provided by the OP shows big quakes though. Is the site bogus, or just not being properly cleaned up by the water theft corporation?

Click on the circles in the OP. Everything looks like 4-5 Magnitude range...well...the big ones are a little north of Australia proper, in the sea. It's not a sight friendly layout since the circle markers occlude the land mass, and misleads the person not familiar with the layout.
edit on 5-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I didn't see anything over 3 point somethin in Australia using OP's map. Lots of bigguns to the north. Not a peep from USGS yet

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by omega man

On the Geoscience website for the current 24 hour period, only two are showing, one in outback nsw and One offshore the northern territory? Are you pointing to circa Halloween? Those earthquakes in Latrobe valley/gippsland are common, as are the ones in wa (mining operations in those parts of wa).

Are we talking unreported/unrecorded then?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Mouse: 4.6 offshore Bathurst island in nt at 6:31am Syd time today and 3.3 outback nsw yesterday at 12:02 Syd time.

That's the current 24 hour period. There's a few around 29-31st oct though in other places.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ya same here ya go to the new USGS site and click 7 days all in the drop down box shows "ALL" quakes and as of yet there is nothing at all for the continent of Austrailia so if you could provide a link or a screen cap showing said quakes would be much appreciated

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by auroraaus

Mouse: 4.6 offshore Bathurst island in nt at 6:31am Syd time today and 3.3 outback nsw yesterday at 12:02 Syd time.

That's the current 24 hour period. There's a few around 29-31st oct though in other places.

Yep...Saw them on the Op's map link. I would have thought it would show on USGS but nada so far.

ETA: Didn't count the northern 4.6 as it was out to sea but I guess it counts

edit on 5-11-2012 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The one in outback in national park north west of NSW is odd.
Could be something fishy.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We actually get earthquakes here. I've never felt one myself, but I remember a couple of 4.s when I was in school in the mid 90s, I remember being so bummed I didn't feel it! It wouldn't surprise me at all if they increased gradually due to the ridiculous amounts of fracking being done, although, there are a few big ones on the west coast, check out earthquakes in google earth

If you're interested, I did a thread with a map of all the fracking being done in aus, although I can't link it since I'm on my tablet. Its scary when you see how much they are doing, it was 5,000 in QLD at the beginning of this year alone

ETA: found the interactive map link, and I was wrong, it was 4,200 frack sites in qld, not 5k
CSG interactive map
edit on 5/11/2012 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I'm surprised there hasn't been more with all the Csg crud happening! It's absolutely awful what they are doing. And for what? What benefit do we get out of it? Nothing!

On a slightly off topic and tinfoil hat note, are you aware of any HAARP like array in qld? It was reported by the abc last year I think that they were building one for Newcastle, but haven't heard a peep.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The GSA site only shows one within past 24 hours

Offshore Bathurst island 4.6 Depth 20 km and that's off the coast in the Timor sea

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Yeah, I thought we'd have a few more lower mag quakes by now around qld anyways! We lived out in the darling downs all this year and when I switched our contents insurance they added earthquake insurance, which I found strange!

I've not really ever looked into anything to do with haarp, but I found an article about them wanting to install a smaller version in Newcastle, link here

top topics

join