It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BOMBSHELL: Major New Agencies Report Nibiru Collision

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
All original postings have been deleted/redacted. CNN, NBC, BBC, Aljazeera, and others reported it. I have a few screenshots of the postings.

Basically they released info that we had a 30% chance to collide with what they are calling an asteroid (pics look more like a planetoid) sometime near the end of December to early January. There is also a poll to vote to put it BACK up on CNN HERE

BBC article

Dutch website

I have other screenshots but the file size is too big!! They are calling it Nibiru! Help!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Why does it have to be nibiru?

I will save further comment for later.

Need more info

Eta•I just read the asteroid is called nibitu. I think some scientists are pulling out the ohsh#t card....lol

edit on 4-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: typo

edit on 4-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: i jist read comment

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Why does it have to be niburu?

That's the name it was given on CNN. Trying to reduce the file size.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

Is this for real????

Wait! Going back to look at this...

ETA:

It's obviously a hoax, now that I've read the full image.

edit on 4-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's an asteroid dubbed Nibiru, it's not the mythical Nibiru from all the conspiracy theories and doomsday prophesies.

Can you please link to an actual news article? Preferably the BBC.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Its scary because it could very well happen. Space is an unpredictable place, it has anything you can imagine, and Nibiru is probably one of them. Lets just hope it misses earth by a few hundred miles. Because a planetoid would obliterate earth in a collision.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
OMFG!!

I was on my way over to post about this, just saw it on Al Jazeera!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"physisist"

'Nough said.

link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's an asteroid dubbed Nibiru, it's not the mythical Nibiru from all the conspiracy theories and doomsday prophesies.

It's been taken down.

Best I have so far is the voting page to make it an article again.
Looks like they are trying pretty hard to keep this under wraps.

link   
I remember seeing a similar MSM article about this a week or two ago but Don't think "Niburu" was mentioned.

EDIT: I think the articles were on Asteroid 2012 TC4
edit on 4-11-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I'd been thinking over the last year or two that if I ever discovered an asteroid, I'd name it Nibiru.
Especially if there was ever a likely chance that it would come close to earth.
Just to watch this place explode, and for the LOLs really.

edit on 4-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

link   
what the heck?

Post more screenshots if you can.

I'm wondering if this wasn't some kind of mistake, or hoax.

In the BBC screen cap, the article directly below the article about the asteroid says there was rioting in two British townships over the asteroid announcement. How could that be? How could people be rioting about something that isn't even on the news for people to hear about? That's just bizarre.

It's way too soon to tell, but I'm guessing this was someone's idea of a practical joke, that got accidentally picked up and copy-catted by a few different media outlets before someone noticed, and pulled the plug.

I'm going to look around and see what I can find on google.

link   

Originally posted by wWizard

It's been taken down.

Best I have so far is the voting page to make it an article again.
Looks like they are trying pretty hard to keep this under wraps.

It was probably based on a hoax then.

link   
Just from reading the second article in the first picture, about the violent outbursts due to the announcement of "nibiru" - how did people have time to get upset and violent when no posts have surfaced on here yet?! If it were real, you'd think someone on ATS would be posting the link up, but I've been procrastinating on here most of today, and seen nothing. Good job with the screen shots though, always a good habit to get into! Going to be lurking to see how this unfolds!

link   
Nibiru Almost Spotted....Almost. N A S A
edit on 4-11-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If it`s true, being Nibiru or not, a impact this size would probably have the same effect as the so called Nibiru lol

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

This article (from 2011) is the first result on google for the search phase: "asteroid nibiru on collision course with earth, according to nasa" which is the title of the un-vetted CNN iReport:

lifechanyuan.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Well if you read up on Nibiru, there's several artistic artifacts which so us what looks like a red planet. The first one that comes to mind is an Egyptian sculpture where a red orb is between bull horns on this statue.

They say it's coming from the Taurus constellation, the bull.

Now I'm not saying I believe one way or the other. More curious and thirsty for knowledge than anything, That being said, it's sill hard to tell what/if anything will happen at this time. Thing seem to be getting stranger by the day.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
Just from reading the second article in the first picture, about the violent outbursts due to the announcement of "nibiru" - how did people have time to get upset and violent when no posts have surfaced on here yet?! If it were real, you'd think someone on ATS would be posting the link up, but I've been procrastinating on here most of today, and seen nothing. Good job with the screen shots though, always a good habit to get into! Going to be lurking to see how this unfolds!

Exactly my thought. This sounds like a bad practical joke to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

With all the possible names for outerspace objects available, doesn't it seem odd to choose Nibiru. Surely they would realize that millions of people know about Nibiru and the conspiracy/doomsday myth related to it.

They must realize naming the object Nibiru could cause serious trouble, especially when considering the timeline included in many 2012 translations.

I could see naming it Nibiru years before or after the specified time, but choosing near exact time associated with the myth is just poor judgement - unless it is the mysterious planet/oid and it's being downplayed...

I just think that the timing is terrible for naming an object Nibiru, it would create massive buzz and speculation... maybe that is what they want. It just seems like shameless fear mongering... unless it is the fabled 'Nibiru'

Edited for:

Maybe we should all run out and buy identical white Nike's and make 'The World's Largest Kool-Aid Bowl'
edit on 4-11-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join