It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Born Without a Brain Dies - This is not a joke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Maybe so, but it's a world with feelings.

YOu imagine a better world where people do not rely on emotions as much. But do we have an example of that better world? I don't think so. This is it. This is our one example.

I'm using emotions as a broad term for irrational thought. I could point to any number of other things that exhibit irrational outcomes. I partake of it probably just as much as anyone.

You're logical. I like you, but did you ever hear live and let live? If people want to care for somebody, why not let them. If you want a better world then find a way to leave this one? Or associate yourself with others you can relate to, but keep in mind this is a small world....

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

Dear elrem48,

But there is a difference, you do not attack everyone else, do you? A very long time ago, I used to play chess, I learned at 5 years old. I won my first game and played in the county championships at 12. I hate the game; but, I did learn from it. And no, my parents did not push me to play, I used to like it. Now, it makes me sick to my stomach and I refuse to play. In chess some people seek to exploit your weaknesses and others seek to test you. Risk versus fear. He plays a game where he takes as few positions as possible and merely attacks other beliefs without proving anything, a cowards game as there is no real intent to succeed in the point of the game, it is not about winning it is about overcoming. If one only seeks weaknesses then they are a predator. I am a sheepdog and love predators, they are so amusing and simple.

There are two types of predators. There are alpha predators like lions and pack predators like wolves. Alpha predators are stronger than all others; but, cannot afford any injury or they starve to death. Pack predators must give up their own to survive. Which do you believe he was? He just chipped a tooth and had no pack. Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Pure conscious stream, life beyond anything we could understand.

Rest in peace little miracle.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Dear antar,

What a sweet thing to say and how caring. You hit the real issue, they just lost their baby, their precious one and one that was a miracle. Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
TextText Purplereply to post by AQuestion

Naturally , body expires first and brain dies later because it was also a newly born baby .
The God gave him chance to see the world before it dies completely .

Kapish !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben91099

Dear Ben91099,

I don't consider 3 year olds to be new borns. I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Please try again.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This may depend on the individual extent of the anencephaly, but there is usualy no person and no consciousness. If he was old instead of a newborn, he would be declared legally dead and dismantled for organs. But if the parents are emotionaly attached to an anencephalic baby and want to care for him, I dont see anything wrong with it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

During the second world war, some people were treated like lab-rats. Horrible experiments purpatrated on innocent victims. There is no limit to how evil some people can be when given the opportunity to do so.

Sorry if I have strayed off topic here...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

Originally posted by elrem48
reply to post by AQuestion

Believe it or not my daughter's friend from high school had a nephew who was born without a brain three years ago, but he only survived for two and a half months. He was a beautiful baby, as many pictures were posted of him. Her friend loved him very much and swore that he knew who she was personally whenever she held him. She was devastated when he passed away.

edit on 3-11-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

all just part of gods plan he created that baby gave it those problems and then killed it so that she could have that emotionally moving experience and grow as a person

really you have to see the good in the situation
god works in mysterious ways and this was for the best because god can do no wrong

I refuse to believe that anyone born with a brain could answer in such a way and be serious. You must be jesting...

IRM

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

There are maybe a handful of us who think like you and me. I will tell you from experience that trying to change the way they think is mostly a waste of time. Our brains are wired differently and the thought process will always be the same. You cannot rewire theirs. Most humans think with empathy. We think with logic. We are cold and callous. They think with magic fairy dust and fluffy clouds.

You are right though it makes me worry about the future of mankind when I hear such archaic and ancient forms of thought still exist in its overwhelming numbers today.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Emotions are primitive and instinctive, not the result of thought process and critical thinking. This world would be in a much better place without greed, jealousy, hate, and anger. And a much less dramatic one without happiness and love.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I think this condition may shed some light on the soul, as others have pointed out. If these kids were able to do what is claimed, and interact, among other things, without a brain, then the brain is not the intermediary between the body and soul. This is important because it implies, possibly at least, that the soul is not product of having a brain, but rather exists for every living person. This would seem important from a religious point of view, and important for anyone interested in what happens after death. I personally believe in the idea that the body is but a suit for the soul.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I could have swore he was older than that and that I read some of his posts right here on ATS.

edit on 4-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike

There are maybe a handful of us who think like you and me. I will tell you from experience that trying to change the way they think is mostly a waste of time. Our brains are wired differently and the thought process will always be the same. You cannot rewire theirs. Most humans think with empathy. We think with logic. We are cold and callous. They think with magic fairy dust and fluffy clouds.

You are right though it makes me worry about the future of mankind when I hear such archaic and ancient forms of thought still exist in its overwhelming numbers today.

I guess you two represent our "Brave New World!"

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I fidn it interesting what some consider associated with "soul"- like smiling.
Why does that indicate a soul for you?

I don't mean to argue that this child or any other has or doesn't have a soul- I am not sure what that term signifies for others.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

You are not entirely correct. Brain size itself does not matter as much as brain size compared to body size.
And you act like birds are not intelligent, but yet you have certain birds like the african grey parrot that is found to be as intelligent as the most intelligent animals on this planet.
You should read up on the african grey alex. He mastered both math, definition of zero, understood human language, passes the mirror tests and so on.
By your logic even a dog would be more intelligent, but that is just not the case.

Dr. Irene Pepperberg's research with captive African Greys, most notably with a bird named Alex, has scientifically demonstrated that they possess the ability to associate simple human words with meanings, and to intelligently apply the abstract concepts of shape, colour, number, zero-sense, etc. According to Pepperberg and other ornithologists[who?], they perform many cognitive tasks at the level of dolphins, chimpanzees, and even human toddlers.

One notable African Grey is N'kisi, who in 2004 was said to have a vocabulary of over 950 words and, like Pepperberg's Alex, was noted for creative use of language.[14] For example, when Jane Goodall visited N'kisi in his New York home, he greeted her with "Got a chimp?" because he'd seen pictures of her with chimpanzees in Africa.[15]

A study published in 2011, led by Dr. Dalila Bovet of Paris West University Nanterre La Défense, demonstrated that African Grey parrots were able to coordinate and collaborate with each other to an extent. They were able to solve problems set by scientists—for example, two birds could pull strings at the same time in order to obtain food. In another example, one bird stood on a perch in order to release a food-laden tray, while the other pulled the tray out from the test apparatus. Both would then feed. The birds in question were observed waiting for their partners to perform the necessary actions so that their behaviour could be synchronized. It was also noted that the parrots appeared to express individual preferences as to which of the other test birds they worked with.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben91099
TextText Purplereply to post by AQuestion

Naturally , body expires first and brain dies later because it was also a newly born baby .
The God gave him chance to see the world before it dies completely .

Kapish !

Just because his muscles contract and makes him "smile" does not mean he is conscious. Science have proved many times that you need a brain to be capable of such functions.
Take for example Henry Molaison who had his entire hippocampus removed and guess what?? He no longer had the ability to store long term memories. We have specific parts of our brain that makes us what we are and this boy did not have any brain centers at all, which means there are no emotion, no cognition, no memories or any senses at all. What he got is just the most basic survival functions from his brain stem.

Since he has no senses or memories he is not able to see the world like you say either, since there is no brain tissue to process that sensory input.
edit on 4-11-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

A certain person I know used to work in a hospital ward for newborns and told me about that condition. She said they "could" live as long as up to twenty-one years or so. But, instead of letting the parents know about the baby's condition, they tell the parents the baby is stillborn and then they STARVE it to death. I was flabbergasted. She said there's no hospital laws that say you have to feed and give water to patients. They simply have no idea HOW LONG because it depends on too many things. This is the same religion hospital that denied abortion, even though they KNOW the baby will be born with that condition. Then, they slow starve it to death. Babies takes longer than adults to starve and dehydrate.

I checked and see the nurse who told me up to 21 years of age was in error.

en.wikipedia.org...

To date, there are only three recorded cases of anencephalic children surviving for longer periods of time: Stephanie Keene of Falls Church, Virginia, who lived for 2 years 174 days; Vitoria de Cristo, born in Brazil in January 2010 and surviving until July 17, 2012;[15] and Nickolas Coke[16] of Pueblo, Colorado, who lived for 3 years and 11 months

edit on 3/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

I find it hard to believe that a hospital would "STARVE" a baby. They have a code of ethics, and that is not ethically right. I mean here in America you can't even mercy kill. So for them to "STARVE" a baby is just not feasible. If a person was told their child was "still born" they let the parents see the child and even offer burial. Often the mother of a still born child is even offered to hold the child. Now seeing that it would take a day or two for the child to "Starve" I find this way hard to swallow. I for one think your friend is full of it. Unless you are from a 3rd world country anyway. In respect of this child, God bless him.
edit on 4-11-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

This phenomenon has been called the encephalization quotient; E = CS2, where E and S are body and brain weights and C is the cephalization factor.[7] Just focusing on the relationship between the body and the brain is not enough; one also has to consider the total size of the animal.

Brain-body size relationship

Brain size usually increases with body size (positive correlation) in animals (i.e. large animals usually have larger brains than smaller animals).[1] The relationship is not linear however. Small mammals like mice have a direct brain/body size similar to humans, while elephants have comparatively small brain/body size, despite elephants being obviously intelligent animals.

[1][3] Intelligence in animals is hard to establish, but the larger the brain the more brain weight might be available for more complex cognitive tasks.

However, large animals needs more braincells to control their body, so that relative rather than absolute brain size makes for a ranking of animals that coincide better with observed complexity of behaviour. The relationship between brain-to-body mass ratio and complexity of behaviour is not perfect as other factors also influence intelligence, like the evolution of the recent cerebral cortex and different degrees of brain folding,[4] which increase the surface of the cortex, which is positively correlated in humans to intelligence. The noted exception to this, of course, are those suffering from swelling of the brain which, while resulting in greater surface area, does not alter intelligence.[5]

The child may not have had the cognitive abilities attributed to one with a brain, however to judge the nonphysical into a boy that clearly could show signs of trust, love and all the other intuitive attributes of any other living being could tells us that we have a long way to go before deeming this child less because of his unique life.

Intelligence can hinder man unless he taps into the intuitive beyond instinct and intellect. Instinct functions of its own accord, it is the string that keeps nature engaged from the first breath to the last. Intelligence is a learned process and the bridge between the two is the new man, the intuitive man.

This child was the reflection of our highest potential.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
One more thing and this is probably a judgement on my part, but more than likely the child could have sustained life even longer had he not been subjected to environmental contaminants, GMO food, gluten and all the other things we know are deadly to all of us.

People are starving to death as they remain unknowing subjects in this test tube of life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join