It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama led in 19 battleground polls on Saturday, Romney led in 1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Money will be a bygone concept in 50 years.

In 50 Years Most of Us Here Will Be DEAD...............So >? ...........

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

And we can find polls that point otherwise. Leading to the main point; the polling is skewed horrendously for both sides and I believe that only internal polling is as close as we are going to get. Though RCP does average their polls and it is still anybody's game at this point.

Relying on polls shows no intelligence or foresight in my opinion. Heck, I probably can find polls that favor Ron Paul but that doesn't mean he is going to win the election.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Forgive me. I keep forgetting that you all are older. My apologies. That was insensitive of me. I'm just saying, we're about to hit either the next advancement of society OR a major wall. I never bet on the wall.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

LOL , We Are OLDER..Good One ! ..Forgive Me Sir , you Apparently see the Age And Wisdom Gap here..........

All In All , we are Nothing But Bricks in that Woll.........

edit on 3-11-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Who can believe anything coming from the NY Times?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

This Is True............Apparently..............

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think it's in the best interests of the pundits to claim that the race is a "toss-up" and that it's "too close to call"

It keeps viewers tuned in, they are entertaining more than they are informing. Their reputations are not on the line.

If the race is a toss up, then why is Obama leading in 19 out of 22 polls released today?
and 2 of those polls had Romney tied, and only 1 had him leading.

Nate Silver has Obama with 305 electoral votes and a 83% chance of winning, he's actually one of the most conservative statisticians when it comes to Obama's chances.

Sam Wang from Princeton University gives Obama a 97% chance of winning re-election.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Unfortunately there is no true correlation between age and wisdom. The correlation truly lies between experience and wisdom. Even then, it is merely a correlation and not a causation. Age does not cause wisdom to develop. Experience does not cause wisdom to develop.

What age does cause amounts to set channels of the brain being utilized. It allows for set patterns to run their course. If one is willfully ignorant, divisive, and hateful over a longer period of time it becomes an ingrained social pattern carved within within their brains. All that natural aging tells me about a person is that they have a significant amount of experience, and that they are very /something/ (whether that something be happy, sad, argumentative, wise, intelligent, spiteful, open, warm, caring, hopeful, pessimistic, optimistic ad infinitum...depends on how they lived their life and what patterns within their life were the most repeated).

That's all age tells me...experience and set subconscious programming (again, not necessarily a negative thing.)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
Who can believe anything coming from the NY Times?

Again you can go check the polls for yourself, these are not NY Times polls. These are polls from every battleground state.

22 released today

Obama leading in 19

2 have Romney tied

1 has Romney in the lead.
edit on 11/3/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I was afraid i would have to explain this.

By selecting from so many polls(whichever ones they wanted for which ever state) They have selected the polls which supported Obama the most for each state. This is ridiculous. And then they come up with some ridiculously complex system of analyzing the gleaned results that give percentages of Victory that make no sense whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

And we can find polls that point otherwise. Leading to the main point;

Go ahead, go find a majority of polls that show Romney winning Ohio or any other battleground besides FL or NC.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

That's not accurate. They used every poll released in those states on that day. And Nate Silver (the man who runs that blog) releases his methodology at the start of the election cycle.
It would be easy to call it biased but this isn't Mr. Silvers hobby, this is his job (NYTimes bought the blog but it's Nate Silvers system) and it's how he gets paid so being biased and inaccurate would hurt his business and his reputation.

EDIT: Here is the methodology used on 538
edit on 3-11-2012 by RottenBeauty because: Added information

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RottenBeauty

They used every poll released in those states on that day

Show me a source for this information

And after trying to read that guys method, I firmly stand by all of my previous comments.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RottenBeauty

They used every poll released in those states on that day.

edit on 3-11-2012 by RottenBeauty because: Added information

Show a source for this Information. After trying again to read that guys method again, I 100% stand behind my previous statements
edit on 3-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The source is linked in my post

Polls released into the public domain are collected together and averaged, with the components weighted on three factors:...

The only polls not in the public domain that I'm aware of are campaign internals.

I can only show you the information. I can't make you read or believe it.
Good luck to you

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RottenBeauty

There is nothing in your source stated that supports what you are claiming.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It's literally the first line in my link to his methodology. If you had actually read it you would have seen it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RottenBeauty

Im sorry you cannot admit when you are wrong you said:

"They used every poll released in those states on that day."

It does not say they used every poll. They selected the ones they wanted for the states they wanted. Perhaps you need to review it yourself.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Now you are arguing semantics. If you think I am wrong please find battleground state polls released on Fri. Nov 2nd, 2012 that were not included and I will happily admit I'm wrong. Until then I don't appreciate you insinuating that I am a liar.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Of course they didn't use every single poll from every single state in the nation..

That's why on the graphic I posted it clearly says "BATTLEGROUND STATE POLLS RELEASED ON FRIDAY"

They posted every poll, from every battleground state.

22 polls were released.

My god, can some people read?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join