It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama led in 19 battleground polls on Saturday, Romney led in 1

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
Who can believe anything coming from the NY Times?

They're just reporting poll results. If they were misrepresenting what these polls said, they'd get flack and lose credibility. What a -- for lack of a politer word -- nonsensical post on your part.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Polls, when looked at over a long period of time and at many different polls, have a very very good historical track record on predicting the results of elections.

Polls aren't some new thing that just popped up, they are proven statistical models. You can get a clear picture of what is going on by only sampling 1000 random people over and over and over.

The trend in Ohio is that Obama is leading by 2-3 points and Romney can't close that gap.

Don't expect people who don't believe in climate change and evolution, and who do believe in an invisible sky god to accept statistics and polls.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I am seeing in every election threads more and more Romney supporters.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)
Many Obama supporters arent bothering to post much any more.
The threads started by GOP supporters are usually based on twisted Context, and Pipe Dreams.
Ill be glad when this Election is Over, and Romney Supporters regain their Sanity.

Don't count on it. They will claim voter fraud and suppression and blame Gov. Christie and Hurricane Sandy. And if Obama wins the electoral college, but loses the popular vote, then they will claim he is not the legitimate winner. Most assuredly they will go back to harping on "Benghazi-gate". Never mind that it appears more and more to have been a covert CIA operation and I thought the right-wing was all for keeping such matters secret. I guess that rule doesn't apply when the president is a Democrat, especially an African-American one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I hate to break it to you, obozo will not win. Carter had a lead in the polls when he was against reagan, that turned out well for him....

People may be stupid in the masses, but people do not overlook being without money. No matter what you tell yourself your dear leader will not win. Obozo can tell everyone the economy is getting better all he wants, most people can recognize when 200 college degree holding applicants are fighting for a 15 dollar an hour job that does not require a degree.

Your political analysis is rediculous and incredibly unrealistic. Obozo has been one of the greatest failures has a president. Do you think people do not realize they are paying over 4 dollars a gallon for gas? Hospitals cutting staff and wages for his moronic healthcare bill? Being someone who works in the medical field, you will be hard pressed to find a doctor supporting this iddiot.(no shortage on actors though) Romney will win by 4+ points. This is one of the easiest elections to predict. Check out the vegas odds, money usually tells the truth. It's funny how the polls do not reflect the odds makers.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramid head

I hate to break it to you, obozo will not win. Carter had a lead in the polls when he was against reagan, that turned out well for him....

People may be stupid in the masses, but people do not overlook being without money. No matter what you tell yourself your dear leader will not win. Obozo can tell everyone the economy is getting better all he wants, most people can recognize when 200 college degree holding applicants are fighting for a 15 dollar an hour job that does not require a degree.

Your political analysis is rediculous and incredibly unrealistic. Obozo has been one of the greatest failures has a president. Do you think people do not realize they are paying over 4 dollars a gallon for gas? Hospitals cutting staff and wages for his moronic healthcare bill? Being someone who works in the medical field, you will be hard pressed to find a doctor supporting this iddiot.(no shortage on actors though) Romney will win by 4+ points. This is one of the easiest elections to predict. Check out the vegas odds, money usually tells the truth. It's funny how the polls do not reflect the odds makers.

You're claim that one is hard-pressed to find a doctor in favor of Obama care is just plain not true. People in the medical field know that something needs to be done to create health care for all, because the present system is dysfunctional and increases overall costs to the field.

As for what betting people are claiming, Intrade has Obama up 65.4% to Romnesia's 34.6%. These percentages/odds are generated from aggregate bets by many people, so have some quantitative validity. Vegas odds are made by Vegas odds makers who use...? Who knows? Not too quantitative. But hey, let's revisit this thread Wednesday and whoever wins gets to spoon feed crow to the other, okay?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Sounds good, I just got back from vegas and bring this up because I tried to bet on the elections because based on "polling" obama should be a favorite. That was not so, my bet on romney would have netted me little value. People with the most to lose are usually the most dilligent, just saying.....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Although the fact that Mr. Obama held the lead in so many polls is partly coincidental — there weren’t any polls of North Carolina on Friday, for instance, which is Mr. Romney’s strongest battleground state — they nevertheless represent powerful evidence against the idea that the race is a “tossup.” A tossup race isn’t likely to produce 19 leads for one candidate and one for the other — any more than a fair coin is likely to come up heads 19 times and tails just once in 20 tosses. (The probability of a fair coin doing so is about 1 chance in 50,000.)

Link

Yup! Certainly looks like a Romney landslide

And of course, that just depends upon WHO you listen to and what POLLS you are looking at. Every single one of them is different from the others. I don't trust any of them and really, the POLLS don't matter. It comes down to ELECTORAL VOTES as to WHO wins the office. The POPULAR VOTE does not even count.

My advice to you .... Don't waste your time and effort on things that DO NOT matter in the equation. VOTE for whoever you chose to vote for and make it nobody elses business. Its personal.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
this whole polling thing is very fishy to me. i'm reading articles on this very site about the lack of enthusiasm at the obama rallies, i.e. 200 showing up at a get-out-and-vote obama event featuring a free performance by stevie wonder. another has all of 10 people showing up at a sandra fluke event in florida. meanwhile, mitt romney and paul ryan are speaking to crowds of between 35-50 thousands again and again. there is no doubt in my mind that the republicans have the momentum, but the msm is not reporting on it.... except for fox.

i believe this is all part of a much bigger plan, and that plan is to incite civil unrest in order to declare martial law.

we all know how pasionate the obama supporters are about their man, and frankly, most of them aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer (no offense) and therefore are very easily manipulated.

so the msm hypes obama's big lead in all the polls, leading the obama people to believe their guy is a shoe-in. but on election day, when mitt romney is announced the winner, by a rather large margin, these obama people are going to get very, very angry.

there have already been thousands of tweets and postings in various forums promising massive rioting if obama loses, so by stoking the hate and giving these folks a false sense of security about their leader being re-elected the anger is gong to run that much deeper - more or less assuring a massive and violent response.

i am going to tell you now that on the evening of november 6th, mitt romney is going to be named the 45th president of the united states, and by the evening of november 7th, there is going to be massive riots in a number of major metropolitan areas. these riots are going to intensify and spread for approximately 3 days unchecked, and on the forth day, obama himself will declare a national emergency, invoking several executive orders and will remain our sitting president.

this is when the real fun begins because the right-wingers are not going to stand for this.

this is also why the federal government has been purchasing massive quanities of riot gear, long-term storable food, and millions and millions or rounds of hollow point ammunition.

they not only know it's coming - they are inciting it.

you all will see in roughtly 48 hours that this is perhaps the dirtiest election in america's history.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Don't forget that Climate Change enthusiasts worship and believe in the earth goddess Gaia....didn't you get the memo?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

oh but you young 'uns got the Sesame Street MKULTRA programming.

Who knows what deep subconscious probes have been planted there.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Gotta say, this was funny as hell to me.

"Romney has been babbling about how the "world" wants to see new American leadership. Well, BBC World asked the world, and the results are in. And they're pretty dramatic -- NO ONE except Pakistan is even remotely interested in a Romney presidency."
Gotta сказать, это было смешно, как ад, чтобы меня.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldoaskol
Gotta say, this was funny as hell to me.

"Romney has been babbling about how the "world" wants to see new American leadership. Well, BBC World asked the world, and the results are in. And they're pretty dramatic -- NO ONE except Pakistan is even remotely interested in a Romney presidency."
Gotta сказать, это было смешно, как ад, чтобы меня.

Yeh I guess Russia especially thinks Obama is better than Romney. After all Obammy is the Citizen of the World and working very hard to bring USA down a notch. I bet Putin is all for that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join