It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama led in 19 battleground polls on Saturday, Romney led in 1

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Although the fact that Mr. Obama held the lead in so many polls is partly coincidental — there weren’t any polls of North Carolina on Friday, for instance, which is Mr. Romney’s strongest battleground state — they nevertheless represent powerful evidence against the idea that the race is a “tossup.” A tossup race isn’t likely to produce 19 leads for one candidate and one for the other — any more than a fair coin is likely to come up heads 19 times and tails just once in 20 tosses. (The probability of a fair coin doing so is about 1 chance in 50,000.)

Link

Yup! Certainly looks like a Romney landslide

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow another poll that cherry picks the pollsters

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Meatman

You know literally nothing about 538 except talking points you've heard others say, do you?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meatman

Vegas doesn't cherry pick and they have Romney losing 2 to 1.

www.lvrj.com...

Smart money is on Obama!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Meatman

So I guess if Romney ain't leading then it's cherry picked?

Those polls were all from Battleground states, the states which will most likely decide the election. Romney is leading in just 1.

How are these polls cherry picked again?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I have to admit that as an outsider looking in.

I do find it amusing that with everything that we know about politics in the 21'st century, and everything that most of us have learned on ATS.

That ANYONE still thinks it makes a difference as to who is elected.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
When the polls favor Obama, they are golden and must be observed. Look! He Wins!

When the polls don't favor Obama (and plenty today..like early counts of real votes..do not) then the numbers are rigged, massaged or otherwise spun to show propaganda.

I love how that works.....

The only poll that matters will be taken on Tuesday. Personally...I'm not calling a winner beyond what I said on Beezer's thread already and that's just for fun. I don't fancy eating crow on Wednesday morning, personally...and I have a 50% chance of doing that in this photo finish. I'll sure enjoy serving it up though.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That graphic has every single poll conducted on Friday from every single polling company that conducted polls.

This is the exact opposite of cherry picking.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just a thought.
How many people won't be voting because they're too busy coping with the effects of Sandy?
How many would have been Obama voters, how many Romney? Is there enough effect, e.g., to swing New York?

edit on 3-11-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ITT: WE MAD

Keep me laughing, ATS. I'm enjoying it. The media is exacerbating something very humorous and I didn't realize it before hand. I know the result of Obama's win upon America, I just never knew that the media was dumb enough to try to covertly force it (looks like there is a time line and we're late as all hell. This was supposed to occur in the mid 90s). The death of social conservatism is well on it's way. I could tell you about all the theories of why (involves real and heavy conspiracy involving our nature as beings beyond the human shell), but that's neither here nor there. I can tell you the immediate effects. The Republicans are already disenchanted and disgruntled about their own party. However, they are willing to rally together this one last time. Bah Bah black sheep...lol

Anyways, the result is going to be clear. Imagine a beast of an army, defeated and demoralized, returning to their proverbial home. What does this horde of ravenous, angry, depressed, and demoralized creatures do? They place blame on one another, and then they rip each other to shreds. Are you ready right wing? Are you ready to tear at your own flesh in such an embarrassing manner that the party splits in three or more ways? Are you ready for the terminal condition that social conservatism (in its current form) is about to undergo?

I find the plight humorous, I really do. It reads like a book.
This was a chess master's game, and the player most definitely slacked off. For humanity to step into the next era of advancement certain things must go. This is one of them (deal with it). Don't be angry. Social conservatism will prove to have no place in our society in 250 years. It's only right that the gears begin turning now. Oh, and don't worry some of my "lol liberal" mentalities are not going to be favored too well in the future.
We are forced to shake some of it off. And like an addict, some people are going to be hard losers to the addiction. Selfishness is not a way of life. It is a way against life. It will fade, and rightfully so. Closed mindedness is not a way of life. It is a way against life. It will fade, and rightfully so. The lack of shared prosperity is a way of life, but not of a level 1 civilization. If we are to transition, some things must go.
America is one of the largest offenders.
We'll soon change. Come November 7th, I'm staying out of all IRL political discussion that doesn't involve friends or family. I'll let the causal flow work its magic.

Humanity is about to shake something off. One of the the limitations is about to be forced off.

tl;dr (and without the crazy talk) -

IF Republicans lose, look forward to party infighting so disgusting that it causes party fracturing and the beginning of the end of strict line social conservatism.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The crazies will remain in control of the GOP,

I think Chris Christie as a moderate Republican will be the best choice for the GOP in 2016 if they want to remain relevant in American politics.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Wishful thinking much?

The left has been insane about this election. Every primary candidate was 'unelectable' not wrong, just entirely 'unelectable.' Everything Romney says 'disqualifies' him, not hurt his chances, but 'disqualifies him.' Now a loss in this one election means the GOP will literally fracture into multiple parties.

LOL. Ok.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

News Flash: IF Obama wins on Tuesday he'll be the first incumbent in over 60+ years to win with his original electoral/popular coalition cut into this much.

If Nixon or Reagan's 49 state wins or Bush's big 1988 win didn't make the democratic party 'irrelevant.' A 290 electoral vote win by Obama won't do it for republicans either.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

That graphic has every single poll conducted on Friday from every single polling company that conducted polls.

This is the exact opposite of cherry picking.

We should ALL know by this time that all the Conservatives here think the ENTIRE UNIVERSE is against them and that anything that isnt in favor of them is "Liberal conspiracy" or "cherry-picking".

Any source, or any person, of ANY credentials or credibility, who says anything that doesnt make them look 110% favorable is simply due to some "Liberal-agenda" or "leftist cherry-picking".
Sad but FUNNY.

The Conservatives of today are an ABSOLUTE JOKE with absolutely NOTHING to support their SILLY reasoning, accusations, and lies other than delusional PARANOID-based claims involving everything around them.

PITIFUL.

Come Tuesday night, they are going to be FUMING!!! Their DELUSIONS will be shattered!!

edit on 3-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Anyone Who Would Even Consider Voting For That POSER Obama Taint Right In Da Ed I Tell Ya !................Nuff Saiid.......

edit on 3-11-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Obama led in 19 battleground polls on Saturday, Romney led in 1 .......... And they Can Both " Bite Me " ...........

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You've really invested a lot into this election farce haven't you? Your friggin president will be whoever Goldman Sachs says it will be!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Isn't Goldman Sachs Owned by the Jewish Mafia ? .....Hmmm........

i297.photobucket.com...

edit on 3-11-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

No wishful thinking at all. Just the inevitable. The media is openly displaying this as a horse race, and a close one at that. Now, I've seen some conservative memebers on ATS catch on REALLY quickly. They did their research and they even admit that the media is lying outright about the closeness of this race. It's Obama's all the way. What happens when a bunch of disillusioned Republicans who assumed they had a chance of winning are left to their own. After 2008 it was a Tea Party Coup and then a Republican Party Coup. In 2012, it will be destabilization. You all made a deal with your most awful devils (the extreme right wing, and then a puppet corporate suit who doesn't have one solid position on ANYTHING).

There is already infighting amongst the republicans in a large way, and it doesn't help that your youth are SOCIALLY LIBERAL and FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE (can anyone with non bias tell me what that amounts to politically?) Oh yes, it starts with an "L" and they are going to have a STRONG break away party soon.

The media is partially to blame for how violent this break up is going to be. They shouldn't have fed the Republican base false news of Romney being up. It's all about the Electoral Votes in this Democratic Republic. It was never close.

(straying away from politics)
I'm starting to believe the rumors I was hearing in 2009 about the White Hat coup of the Shadows...some interesting things are occurring in this timeline. Some force is trying to be sure that we're set on some special circumstances. Quantum computing is taking off, green energy is about to be realized (Thorium Reactors are about to be the norm), rumors of cold fusion in the scientific community are rising, and the end of natural selection is beginning (rise of Artificial Selection). Something is up...and it looks damn good. We're about to hit a Neo-Renaissance and I guess some things just have to "go".
(back to politics)

Don't take my word for it. Just watch the party burn and break in the years after November 7th. Don't take my word for it, just watch.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Money will be a bygone concept in 50 years.

(Also, I'll do ATS a favor): If Romney wins, I'll move out of the United States within three years (have to finish law school first).
edit on 3-11-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join