It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From lucid dreaming to astral projection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I'm a lucid dreamer. I've induced sleep paralysis a few times. I've witnessed the vibrations, falling sensation, loud ringing in my ears,.. And after the SP wave I usually found myself in my room knowning that I was inside a dream. That's called the WILD technique. I can also become lucid using the DILD technique which is just doing reality checks throughout the day. But I want something different, I want to astral project or to have an out of body experience. During sleep paralysis I tried to pull myself out of my body but that never worked. How do you go from Lucid dreaming to AP/OBE? And what's even the difference between LD/AP/OBE? Because to me a lucid dream is just a dream where you realize you're dreaming. Astral projection seems so similar to an out of body experience but to me it seems like a sleep paralysis episode (travelling at high speed through the sky). And an out of body experience is just an obe. I hope this makes sense xD. How do I know the difference between those when I get to leave my body and how do I do it? I assume reality checks only work in a lucid dream and not in an out of body experience
One more thing. I'm also afraid of the astral plane. Like meeting evil beings and demons. Is it possible they will haunt me in real life when I've met them in the astral plane? And How do I keep myself safe?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustSirens
I'm also afraid of the astral plane. Like meeting evil beings and demons.
1) Is it possible they will haunt me in real life when I've met them in the astral plane?
2) And How do I keep myself safe?

1) If they see a use for you, like posting a thread on ATS saying how cool Astral Projection is; then yes, they will give you a suggestion during your next 'alpha level' meditation.

2) Once they know you, they will never ever let go until you pray to Yeshua for forgiveness.

Can you freely do an internet search now for the Lords Prayer and be willing to speak the exact words when you find them ?
If not, then a negative entity already has control of your mind through suggestion and will probably give you a feeling of anger at what you are reading.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There's a lot of threads about this subject matter. I'd recommend doing a search.

From what I take, you shouldn't be afraid, mostly because if you're afraid, you're more likely to encounter those evil beings.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hi everyone, I'm a lucid dreamer. I've induced sleep paralysis a few times. I've witnessed the vibrations, falling sensation, loud ringing in my ears,.. And after the SP wave I usually found myself in my room knowning that I was inside a dream. That's called the WILD technique. I can also become lucid using the DILD technique which is just doing reality checks throughout the day. But I want something different, I want to astral project or to have an out of body experience. During sleep paralysis I tried to pull myself out of my body but that never worked. How do you go from Lucid dreaming to AP/OBE? And what's even the difference between LD/AP/OBE? Because to me a lucid dream is just a dream where you realize you're dreaming. Astral projection seems so similar to an out of body experience but to me it seems like a sleep paralysis episode (travelling at high speed through the sky). And an out of body experience is just an obe. I hope this makes sense xD. How do I know the difference between those when I get to leave my body and how do I do it? I assume reality checks only work in a lucid dream and not in an out of body experience
One more thing. I'm also afraid of the astral plane. Like meeting evil beings and demons. Is it possible they will haunt me in real life when I've met them in the astral plane? And How do I keep myself safe?

research the chakras and unlock them thru meditation. to go out of body you will need to activate at least all from the solar plexus to the head. astral travel requires the pituitary in conjunction with the 3rd eye. lucid dreaming is 3rd eye only.

combine more chakras for higher states.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Alright, I'll do some research about the chakras thanks. But how did I open my third eye then? I've never actually meditated before.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSirens

lucid dreaming is meditation. practicing to put the body to sleep without losing consciousness. the practice expands the mind channels and u get better and better at it as a result. i dont know if u can go out of body without enlightenment which opens the chakras permanently. but u can open them temporarily via meditation exploring the points of the chakras and listening and feeling the subtle forces within.

the next step for you should be in this inner exploration. meditation not sleep.. with no intention of sleeping close the eyes and simply explore the darkness.. listen to your body's inner workings. as u go deeper and deeper into the relaxed state you will hear and feel various cues to the level you have accomplished... ringing ears, moving forces within the body or head, pulsing at the 3rd eye region, blood pumping through various areas in the body, neck and head.

it's all in how much u can relax or give up the body/ego without losing consciousness is how much u will feel. eventually giving it up to the point of temporary death to achieve oob.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There are a lot of ways to astral travel, usually when i lucid dream i would start running, or change the surroundings so much and really quickly in order for me to be literally thrown out of my body into an OBE.

The other thing you can try is right before going to bed, grab a piece of paper with lines on it and write on one side and the other "i am having an out of body experience" until you fill both sides of the paper, do not do anything else and go to bed right away. This usually takes a couple of times to work, everyone is different but it worked for me the first time i did it.

Second, when you are in an OBE state, everything should be fuzzy, and you wont be able to see very clearly, ask for clarity, so if you are floating and what not, just say, and say it STRONG AND LOUD, " I WANT CLARITY" works like a charm.

When you are in an OBE state, never, ever ever think about your self, EVER, you will get pulled back in an instant, and that is one hell of an experience on it's own.

Lastly, there are NO evil beings on the astral plane, you can create an illusion of them if you are scared or uncomfortable, and if you are, don't do it, it will only ruin the experience. When you astral travel, you have no physical from even if you might see your hand, nothing can hurt you, and i mean nothing!!

If you got to the point of vibrations and loud noises which are memory trying to wake you up, concentrate on spreading the vibrations all over your body first, and remember, you cannot move physically, so you have to get used to thinking about moving, or floating towards the ceiling or what ever you prefer (i personally like windows, easier to go through, but floating above the streets usually makes me think about my body so i get tugged back)

Clear you mind of everything, do NOT look at the darkness, that is WRONG. do not LISTEN to you MIND that is also wrong.

anything else, just ask, I am pretty sure i missed quit a bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Thanks for your reply! It's good to know and also comforting that nothing can harm me in the astral realm. My lucid dreams used to be fuzzy aswell, but I did the same thing to get clarity like you described and it worked. Can you tell me more about the experience where you get pulled back when you think of your body? What's so bad about it? Like my first lucid dream was actually a nighmare. I saw an entity standing in front of me and I suddenly realised I was dreaming. But then I thought about my body laying there in bed (it was like a flash/vision). And everything went black so I woke up. I was still paralyzed and saw the same entity in my room but after 30 seconds or so it vanished.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply! It's good to know and also comforting that nothing can harm me in the astral realm. My lucid dreams used to be fuzzy aswell, but I did the same thing to get clarity like you described and it worked. Can you tell me more about the experience where you get pulled back when you think of your body? What's so bad about it? Like my first lucid dream was actually a nighmare. I saw an entity standing in front of me and I suddenly realised I was dreaming. But then I thought about my body laying there in bed (it was like a flash/vision). And everything went black so I woke up. I was still paralyzed and saw the same entity in my room but after 30 seconds or so it vanished.

Nothing bad about getting pulled back, it is a very interesting feeling is what i meant, where do you feel the tug? I feel mine at the bottom of my back, usually its where your astral body is connected to your physical body. Hahaha you get the flash also, same here.

The "entity" disappeared because you body was back in comfort mode, no one teaches these things when we are kids, so when we become paralyzed our mind and body is so not used to it it tries to shock us and wake us up.

Think about all the horror movies they make, there is one reason for it, ill give you a couple of guesses

In your lucid dreams and if it is a nightmare, what ever is scaring you, you have to walk up to it get close and hug it, no matter how scared you get, and I am telling you, two things could happen, one you get thrown out of your body into the astral plane, and two, you will never have nightmares again and the "entities" will never be in your room again also.

I had a lucid dream a couple of weeks ago and one person turned really really ugly, i mean scary ugly like from a horror movie, i walked up to her, hugged her and went for a walk, put as much love into that persona as i could and right when the fear went away, i got thrown out of my body, found my self laughing and "running" over the city, once i looked down i thought to my self "damn this is awesome" and the same time thinking about my feet touching the ground and got pulled back.

The thing about getting pulled back is it's very sensitive, you think even for a split second about anything to do with your physical body, and you will get pulled back. And when i said running, i just had the sensation of running.

Next time you lucid dream, change EVERYTHING you see around you, or run as fast as you can concentrating on a target a head of you, works for me don't know about others.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That explains alot about sleep paralysis and why most people feel pure evil and terror when they're in SP. I'll try to change everything in my next LD. I'm not really getting at creating different dreamscapes, summoning people and changing things though.
Btw, how often do you astral project? And what do you usually do during astral projection?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That explains alot about sleep paralysis and why most people feel pure evil and terror when they're in SP. I'll try to change everything in my next LD. I'm not really getting at creating different dreamscapes, summoning people and changing things though.
Btw, how often do you astral project? And what do you usually do during astral projection?

Right now i am able to astral travel for seconds at a time, a minute at most, only because the excitement reminds me somehow of my body, but my goal right now is to travel to the moon, so when i astral travel i try to get as high as possible, don't have the ability to bend space yet (like teleportation sort of), since my mind is still locked on to the notion of distance where in the astral plane that doesn't exist, most people that travel longer then a minute usually go beyond the astral plane and into the next, haven't gotten that far, or inside me yet, but trying. Maybe next time i will ask for assistance.

I do it a couple of times a week, it's not always comfortable so i will stop, also depends on how you leave your body, rolling out of it is easier but very uncomfortable, usually sitting up is the best way, floating out of the body takes major will power i do not posses yet, and i am a smoker which is buffering my experience to seconds also.

Oh about changing the landscape, it is not hard all you gotta do is look at a house or building, and just imagine it becoming bigger and taller, it will happen fast and you wont expect it, i never do that's why i get thrown out, it happens really fast, and since the mind is not used to seeing something that looks so vivid and real doing something so unnatural usually OBE is the response.
edit on 3-11-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Thanks for that I wondered why, when I realised a few weeks ago I was in a lucid dream, that when a fly landed on my body's arm I woke up and lost the dream.

I was getting on a double decker red bus with my hubby and we didn't pay. There were loads of people waiting for the bus and us two got on, in front of everyone. And as we got on, a male voice loudly said 'Only 6 more', even though the bus driver was a female.
My hubby was concerned we hadn't paid for the tickets. I suddenly realised we were in a rapture dream and got excited and told my hubby to shhh, as I wanted to see the end of the dream.
Then that damn fly woke me up. Grrrrh.
Now I know why, so thankyou.

I used to astral project as a small child (before I even knew what AP was) but an angel told me where I was dangerous and I never did it again. I have even 'been' to a Hindu temple that I know I have visited in OBE that I recognised in a TV documentary.

I'd like to do it again but I've been hearing it's not any safer, only worse as the Shadow people are invading in more numbers.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi

Thanks for that I wondered why, when I realised a few weeks ago I was in a lucid dream, that when a fly landed on my body's arm I woke up and lost the dream.

I was getting on a double decker red bus with my hubby and we didn't pay. There were loads of people waiting for the bus and us two got on, in front of everyone. And as we got on, a male voice loudly said 'Only 6 more', even though the bus driver was a female.
My hubby was concerned we hadn't paid for the tickets. I suddenly realised we were in a rapture dream and got excited and told my hubby to shhh, as I wanted to see the end of the dream.
Then that damn fly woke me up. Grrrrh.
Now I know why, so thankyou.

I used to astral project as a small child (before I even knew what AP was) but an angel told me where I was dangerous and I never did it again. I have even 'been' to a Hindu temple that I know I have visited in OBE that I recognised in a TV documentary.

I'd like to do it again but I've been hearing it's not any safer, only worse as the Shadow people are invading in more numbers.

I assume and only assume the way they invade is by making people believe they are, so when you do start traveling or about too, there would be one thing on your mind, invasion, thus creating the invading entity... they don't have power unless you recognize it, but that only puts fear into the person and making them stop from traveling, that's all the power they have, other then that you only have friends on the other side who are more then willing to help, that angel actually helped you, i don't think your friends intention was to stop you, but to test you...

There is a lot of barriers to go through while traveling, a lot of fears and conditioning to let go of, the obstacles could be anything depending on the person, mine is and still is weight holding me down (fear).

Oh man i cannot imagine the things you could have witnessed in the temple, usually those places hold your whole spiritual life's story, i mean, all of your life's put together in a book, or a film, also depends on the person, i guess it was too dangerous to go into b/c you wouldn't understand yet without doing some work first, congrats, first time is always the best and last's the longest.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

reply to post by AriesJedi

I was getting on a double decker red bus.

Did the double decker have a route code of '111'?
Was the time 11:11 AM and was it located at docking bay 'A1'?

Was the weather sunshine yet after getting on the bus the interior of the bus was similar to if the weather was a dark grey overcast cloudy day ?

but an angel told me where I was dangerous and I never did it again.

Take the angels advice. Astral travel is dangerous if you met a negative entity. Lucid dreaming is safe.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I've never actually had a bad sleep paralysis experience. But ever since I'm able to induce sleep paralysis, I sometimes see shadow people in waking life. Like I always see them outta the corner of my eye. Do you think I see them because of inducing sleep paralysis?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I've never actually had a bad sleep paralysis experience. But ever since I'm able to induce sleep paralysis, I sometimes see shadow people in waking life. Like I always see them outta the corner of my eye. Do you think I see them because of inducing sleep paralysis?

I saw them also after being able to induce SP, I wouldn't call them "shadow" people though, what i have been told is that certain spirits "grand parents, guardians, someone in your family that has passed away, or even friends from another life" now have your attention, most spirits such as family members that pass away have no idea that people are able to travel in the astral plane, so it's even interesting for them, best thing to do is just ask them to leave, when your awake or in SP.

Not having a bad SP experience is a good thing, means your will to travel is stronger then fear, which most people put those two together and think "it's dangerous, because i am scared, means there is something bad"
Evil only exists inside us when we create it, so anyone that says SP is dangerous are either dis info agents, or have been fed BS. The only way you can get hurt in SP if someone damages your physical body, terrible example (you are in SP and someone stabs your physical body) that is as bad as it can get, in SP we have no body, at all, nothing can hurt you since even you your self can walk "float" through walls or any other object.

There are places past the astral plane where it is dangerous to spend a lot of time, don't remember which plane it is exactly but it has a name and one of my friends spent a lot of time there, that place DOES have negative entities, but the only thing they can do is "hunt" you since spending a lot of time there you receive a lot of attention, she did and she regretted it, it's always wise to keep moving.

She just got a lot of attention from spirits that are lost, that is the negative way of feeding off you, FEAR.

Think about like this, monks do it, natives did it for thousands of years, it is a natural part of human nature that we have been kept away from using the tactic of shock and aw, and lack of education, to the post above you, don't listen, trust me and others, there is only your friends on the other side you can always ask for their help, ALWAYS, they might not be happy to help you out at all times since they believe in "learning for you self", but they are more then willing.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

reply to post by AriesJedi

I was getting on a double decker red bus.

Did the double decker have a route code of '111'?
Was the time 11:11 AM and was it located at docking bay 'A1'?

Was the weather sunshine yet after getting on the bus the interior of the bus was similar to if the weather was a dark grey overcast cloudy day ?

but an angel told me where I was dangerous and I never did it again.

Take the angels advice. Astral travel is dangerous if you met a negative entity. Lucid dreaming is safe.

You cannot meet a negative entity in the astral plane, doing so would scare it away, people that astral travel have the ability to say no to fear, that kills the negative entity, the "angel" was helping out so the he/she (sorry) can take the right steps, can not have too much information in the mind, that would only ruin the ability to travel, too many thoughts means harder time of letting go before being able to travel, they were only helping, not from danger, but more like a school, you can't learn gr 6 math without first learning how to add and subtract in gr 1.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I can read the lords prayer out loud and I Practice what you call witch craft, both light and dark.. As well, I lucid dream and have astral projected... I've also communicated with angels, using enochian magick. Have you communicated with angels?

"
Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.

[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen. "

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Hijinx

I can read the lords prayer out loud and I Practice what you call witch craft, both light and dark.. As well, I lucid dream and have astral projected... I've also communicated with angels, using enochian magick. Have you communicated with angels?

Yes i have chatted to an angel and a watcher.

Try this one with the Lords prayer ...

i speak the same prayer. However an ATS'er once made an edition with the following line ...

And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from the evil one
and his incarnations
for ever and ever, Amen

i reached this line 'and his incarnations' and froze thinking 'but a rapha is the only spirit occupying this body'.

If you had a choice right now between Christianity and new age religion which one would you choose?

i ask because being a demon there is a natural urge towards new age. However, i have witnessed 3 hells so i have to keep turning back to Him for guidance.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I did not read all the other posts but I will after I at least say that you can learn most of it and it sounds as though you have gained some mastery of lucids and knowing you are in some.

After that I have gone deeper but its not so easy to put into words as to how.

Level 3 right.

good luck bud just remember that it is about your personal take on reality and the real reality that may confuse you ultimately.

Keep an open mind

I ought to have mentioned that I am of a certain bloodline as random as any but I believe that certain bloodlines can be more perceptive based on personal observations.

Norwegian Anderson and Chippewa medicine men combined with innumerable others such as siminole and irish have made me realize that it is technically though not proven that some of us end up wired for this sort of thing thought to what depth or amount I am unsure.

edit on 5-11-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join