It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Early Voting results Romney 52% and Obama 46%

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wonderful! More good news for team Romney! Now gallup is very reputable, so this is very promising. Go team Romney! Yeah!

Romney currently leads Obama 52% to 46% among voters who say they have already cast their ballots. However, that is comparable to Romney's 51% to 46% lead among all likely voters in Gallup's Oct. 22-28 tracking polling. At the same time, the race is tied at 49% among those who have not yet voted but still intend to vote early, suggesting these voters could cause the race to tighten. However, Romney leads 51% to 45% among the much larger group of voters who plan to vote on Election Day, Nov. 6.

In U.S., 15% of Registered Voters Have Already Cast Ballots

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
National polls.

The last hope of a desperate supporter.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't think I have ever met a single person who has ever taken one of these elusive, yet so vitally important polls.

I can't believe the country is so out of touch that only around 8% are voting for anyone but these two clowns. Then again...

I still have a shred of hope people will realize one day just how bad things really are.
edit on 2-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Romney and Obama - All I have to say about this years election?

Different pile, Same poop..........

edit on 2-11-2012 by Mamatus because: speeeling

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Just curious, what do you suggest to be used? I don't know of better, current, factual information than polls. Some polls are better than others, but what are you suggesting instead?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What's Ohio look like? Because that is all that matters. First past the post, yo.
edit on 2-11-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think he wants people to use clairvoyance lol

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
National polls.

The last hope of a desperate supporter.

I would define desperation as rushing to be the first poster in every Romney thread with negative remarks. May I be the first to welcome you here.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How any ATS member could want a Romney win is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Taiyed

Just curious, what do you suggest to be used? I don't know of better, current, factual information than polls. Some polls are better than others, but what are you suggesting instead?

State polls.

Electoral college determines the winner, not the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
What's Ohio look like? Because that is all that matters. First past the post, yo.
Obama by 3, 50 to 47.
I think my buddy Beez going to be sporting a new Avi.
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Survey Methods Results are based on telephone interviews conducted as part of Gallup Daily tracking Oct. 22-28, 2012, with a random sample of 3,312 registered voters, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

For results based on the total sample of registered voters, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.

For results based on the sample of 2,888 likely voters, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on landline telephones and cellular phones, with interviews conducted in Spanish for respondents who are primarily Spanish-speaking. Each sample includes a minimum quota of 250 cell phone respondents and 250 landline respondents per 500 national adults, with additional minimum quotas among landline respondents by region. Landline telephone numbers are chosen at random among listed telephone numbers. Cell phone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods. Landline respondents are chosen at random within each household on the basis of which member had the most recent birthday.

Samples are weighted by gender, age, race, Hispanic ethnicity, education, region, adults in the household, population density, and phone status (cell phone only/landline only/both, cell phone mostly, and having an unlisted landline number). Demographic weighting targets are based on the March 2011 Current Population Survey figures for the aged 18 and older non-institutionalized U.S. population. All reported margins of sampling error include the computed design effects for weighting.

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

Taken right off the source. Taken from the word of 3,312 people. And people will use that as a basis on who to vote for. That is less people than a small town High School.

Thats the only reason I despise polls like this. The result from such a small sample is simply misleading.

I got a laugh out of this part

Samples are weighted by gender, age, race, Hispanic ethnicity, education, region, adults in the household, population density, and phone status (cell phone only/landline only/both, cell phone mostly, and having an unlisted landline number).

Totally not biased in the least

edit on 2-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
How any ATS member could want a Romney win is beyond me.
You wanna see the most telling Poll?

Warmongers unite under Romney. www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Oct 15th. USA Today/Gallup poll. Likely voters. The 12 swing states. Romney 50%, Obama 46%.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

For starters, Ohio IS an early voting state unlike many others that don't have this. Thus, Ohio would greatly impact these numbers. Plus Romney's lead with independent voters in Ohio is unprecedented.

Romney team sees Ohio numbers moving their way

But one finding stood out. The new survey showed Romney leading the president by six points, 49 percent to 43 percent, among independent voters — a group many analysts consider key to the race. How could Romney be leading by six points among independents and trailing by five in the broader race? Especially when the pollsters asked independents whether they considered themselves closer to the Republican or Democratic party, and 44 percent said Republican, while 36 percent said Democrats?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Good news indeed! The hope for change is in the air! Now everybody - let's move Forward! Not that I'm all that excited about Romney, but almost anything is better than the anti-American rabbit hole that Obama has been leading us down!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

I caught a smidge of TV today and I got the sense too, that Ohio is the new Florida.

Not that it matters. Nor who wins any popular vote.

Why do people conveniently forget we have an Electoral College that decides elections except when it is decided by the Supreme Court?

In any case, dregs from the bottom of barrel A vs. dregs from the bottom of barrel B. Whoop de doo.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think a lot of people are voting for Romney for the sole fact they aren't happy with Obama. I'll be honest with you guys, up until I was about 30 I didn't care who was president. Now that I'm a bit older I do my own research. After a short while, I've come to the conclusion that the "easy" choice isn't the best one. People are lazy and don't care enough to spend time educating themselves.

I'm not going to tell you whom I voted for but it wasn't either of the "easy" choices being portrayed on the media.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
Good news indeed! The hope for change is in the air! Now everybody - let's move Forward! Not that I'm all that excited about Romney, but almost anything is better than the anti-American rabbit hole that Obama has been leading us down!

I guess continuously funding the military, lowering the deficit, and paying off the debt, while cutting the fat from other places will help the economy in bizarro world.

I wonder if their economy will trickle down into ours.

Thats how trickle down economics works right?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

edit on 2-11-2012 by litterbaux because: hmm, html issue... one moment

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join