It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Socrato

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black?

How is it that someone can list a dozen good reasons for his vote...and yet you still think the candidate's half-blackness has something to do with it?

That is some serious stupidity
edit on 2-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

I respect his reasons, and he did a good job presenting them. I just wanted to ask if that was one of the reasons that he didn't want to say. I meant no offense really I was just curious. OP is very smart, straight forward and deserving of respect.

Fair enough...I apologize for jumpin on you, I just hate when race is brought in to the discussion by either side. I guess it is an unavoidable factor in the equation though

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

That crap has been going on since before anyone signed anything. Seriously.

Your right though and one of the things I mentioned I do not like but do you really believe that it would had been any different with any other president? Really?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I like this one better actually ...

Would you like some coffee with your raisin cookies ?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Brilliant, OP! S/F!!!

Great job bringing up sources from a variety of places, and pointing out what progress (to rebuild our nation after the Bush-leaguers got through with it) has been made.

People harping on Obama, as though he has complete control of ANYTHING is myopic and sad. At least he's had the guts to confront the gainsayers (and grudge-holding sore losers that have done EVERYTHING they could to stop him just out of greed and spite).

When people talk about the NDAA and "black-bag kidnapping", they seem to think that it's a random choice of "victim", when it's clearly meant to discourage American citizens from SUPPORTING terrorism. I'm so sick and tired of the sweaty-palmed straw-graspers!

Yesterday on NPR they aired a tape of a woman talking to her 4-year old, who spontaneously burst into tears one day after having reached her limit of NPR. Her mom asked her what the matter was, and she said, in her darling little 4-year-old voice:
"I'm just so tired of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney!"

4 YEARS OLD, and she said that, while sobbing.
People need to put on their grown-up pants and realize that times have evolved since the Founding Fathers, and hardly ANYTHING is the same as it was then. I had a Ron Paul sign in my yard around primary time...even switched to Republican (Gha!!) so I could vote for him in the event he was going to succeed...

He didn't, and the choice offered up now is abysmal. Right back to where we were. I switched my registration back to Unaffiliated, and I am voting for Obama, for all the same reasons as the OP, and also because he's got the knowledge and background to work for the regular people and to actively organize community progress.

Romney can throw money at his "church" (and I use the word euphemistically) until the cows come home, but he will NEVER understand what it's like to be a typical working American, EVER. Having someone in the White House who is aware of social issues and stands his ground against the goobers in Congress is worthy of more time to sort things out.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am voting for Obama because, The Democrats are the only ones that can prevent the super rich (1%) from obtaining too much power. Of course they need more safeguards as the US continues, but at least they are trying to dig into the pockets of the rich. Which is much better than the republicans are doing.

Ryan and Romney want to curtail FEMA and take away certain portions of it's money. Which becomes a stumbling block for them now the terrible disaster has occurred.

Romney's religion (needs to be investigated), the book of mormon is a false book and the world truly needs to know about it. No DNA or artifacts in regards tot he stories in that book. This is so important for the worlds to understand.. Romney is not helping the american people by not understand this IMPORTANT ISSUE!

Obama had to go through hell with Pastor Wright, yet nothing is being done in regards to Romney and the phony book of mormon. Again, there is NO DNA nor ARTIFACTS TO SUPPORT IT'S CONTENTS. This is so important for the christians (so many of them are republicans). They need to wake up to this IMPORTANT ISSUE!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
I am voting for Obama because, The Democrats are the only ones that can prevent the super rich (1%) from obtaining too much power. Of course they need more safeguards as the US continues, but at least they are trying to dig into the pockets of the rich. Which is much better than the republicans are doing.

Another reason, seriously. The thought of Romney winning scares the heck out of me ...

In the end as I said I see recovery here, people getting jobs, products being brought back from China and Mexico and being built here, homes being sold, the "common folk" being able to live a good life.

Romney got rich putting Americans out of work and sending their jobs to other countries, Corporations want him to win so that won't change, I want to continue to see products being brought back and made here putting us to work, why would someone heavily invested in outsourcing want that to change?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
go ahead & vote your man... he has the best chance of being the cause of the fall of the USA and the rise of the State, through the mechanisims of the Federal Reserve

Romney will likely take the USA into an expanded war, and quicker than Øbama...

after all the Republican team will be another regime of neocons while Øbama only has Brezezinski and a cadre of communist leaning staff to further the 'Change FORWARD' he envisions to be hand-in-hand with Islamic Law/Governance

Øbama will refuse to see what the Fed's never-ending QE3' is going to do to the nature and structure of American society-&-Economics... the early collapse of the Dollar & the long term transfer of all commercial & residential property to the Central Bank/FED...to be the landlord of a nation of renters

Oh there's more, Lots more..... search the news that the Illegal immigrants have found and secured 1.4 million jobs at the expense of the citizens, the avg income has v=been reduced by $4K per year, more women are now chronically unemployed than from when he took office. etc etc
there's a 25 point list of mal-achievements credited to Øbama floating around the internet....

yes your man is the most likely to Break America, and lead it into a fascist dystopia culture
Romney's vague promises are straight out of the Øbama playbook of the 2008 campaign & we see where that is going

I bet all the Christians help reelect the CIC, as he may hasten the appearance of the Great Tribulation and the destruction of modern Babylon (NYC/DC)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Tazkven

Flame away!

Ah, yes...

Another "I'm gonna share my own political views because I can" thread...

Validations come in many forms, huh..?

While I on the other hand think it is a reasonable and well laid out argument with a clear conclusion. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Sure Romney promises 12 million jobs. WHERE? I don't think he can come through on his promises. I also love and respect the environment and the planet too much to even think about voting for Romney. This thread is NO validation for the OP, it is however a persuasive argument, for them that still need one - to vote Obama.
edit on 2-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi All I have a Question ??? , If America is a True Democracy WHY is it Always A Democrat or a Republican and any or All 3rd Party Candidates Not shown or Talked about or given an EQUAL Forum in this SO Called Election? I have Watched and Listened to The two So Called Top Candidates and the Four other 3rd Party Candidates and it Seems to Me that the 3rd Party Seems To Know What is REALLY Happening in the World and FULLY In Touch with what is Really Going On. Maybe Because they live like most of the Country. The two Top Candidates are waited on Hand and Foot, Have ALL there needs Taken Care of NO Matter what, Cooked Meals are Served to Them, Their Homes Cleaned (not by them), Driven to where ever, Nanny's to take Care of the Little ones, Money NO PROBLEM for Bills. and Homes People Dream of Having after Winning the Lotto. Most of America Does NOT Live like that SO how can They Understand How We Live? The 3rd party People who are also Running Do live like most of us and have a greater in site to what America is Going through and in My opinion the better choice Can Truly Change this Country for the better. And How the Media is SO CONTROLLED to keep them out and Hope that the rest of America are MORONS and not know these 3rd party people exist because they would make a Positive Change and Swallow this Democratic or Republican B.S. that is nothing more than a Show for Decades and Nothing Ever Changes for us. This is what The Powers That Be Want: Us to be Morons and the Top Candidates to be there PUPPETS !!! The Answer? As Hard as it Is and it is VERY Difficult to explain or Change Someones opinion on Voting is to KEEP Explaining and Keep Trying to Get The Word Out That the Democratic & Republican Parties are the Same & They are NOT Interested in Helping anyone who lives Paycheck to Paycheck Only themselves and their Wall street Corporate Rich Wealthy Friends it has been this way TOO LONG !!!! Do you Think I like sitting here and Typing This? I am Doing This so Maybe Some you will do the Same and Get the Word Out That These Democratic & Republican Parties are the Same. It Can Be Done. Sure when I say this at work I Get Flack But when I Keep Going They do start to Listen and I have Swayed Some. But I will Not Stop. Please Do The Same, It's not too Late. My Fingers Hurt I only type using two fingers. Anyway Thats All I Can Do I Tried.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I too am a Millwright, former union and now non-union...40 years worth...
I did not vote for Obama the first time and could not possibly vote for him this time around...Obama stands for everything I am against...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

How am I affected??? Really??? That's easy - - deficit spending is nothing more than a hidden tax on the American Public. Unfortunately I'm one of those few unlucky Americans that has to eat and use fuel. The costs of those will continue to rise as deficit spending continues (and my wage isn't going up at the same rate as these pesky necessities so it puts a serious dent in my disposable income). So, yeah, it affects me. This isn't about left or right...it's arithmetic. And the math will win out eventually - - much to our detriment. You can't print your way to prosperity, nor can you borrow your way out of debt. Simply put, the more we deficit spend, the worse off we are. Neither Obama nor Romney will stop it. A vote for either of these two is a vote for the continued financial "screwing" of the American citizens.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

Dude, I'd like to read your excited all-bold post, but it's too big a block of text. Would you mind, please, doing an edit and breaking it up into 2-3 sentence paragraphs?

I want to know who you are or aren't voting for and why, but can't respond to a post I can't read without getting a headache from the effort. Are you voting for Obama?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Dude write in Ron Pauls name and send a message to this country we are fed up with the federal government and the Reps and Dems constant lying.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

But but!!! Romney lowered potato taxes in Massachusetts.

Come ON!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Thank you for letting us all know which hand picked, bankster lap dog, yes man puppet that you're voting for.

How about that change eh? Moving forward like an out of control freight train with a lunatic at the helm, rolling towards bankruptcy and total economic collapse. LMAO! Shakes head. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

That's what my Uncle keeps telling me and honestly I like a lot of things he stands for but from things I have read he seems anti-union and I have been working Union since '91, I can't really vote against how I make my living, ya know ?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Hey, No problem

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Whats funny is how many people are willing to vote against the incumbent and for somebody that:

1. Refuses to release his 2009 tax returns revealing the amnesty he was granted for not paying taxes the years prior. A white house secretary MUST release 6 years of tax returns, This person isnt qualified to be secretary.

2. Claims to reach across the aisle, but had the most vetoes in 20 years while gov. for ONE term in massachuessets. Ironically, this person is losing their home state of mass. , has had the salt lake city tribune endorse his opponent, and whose running mate is also losing their home state.

3. Has flip flopped on every issue from Womens rights, Role of Government, and approach to the Middle East.

4. Has refused to outline specifics in his "tax plan" or 5 point plan for all that matter, all the while non-partisan groups have repeatedly shown theres no way the "tax plan" could possibly work, but would still like to see his version of the "arithmetic".

5. Has been called out repeatedly for misleading or downright false ads. The lastest being Chrysler and Jeep, where a head executive said donald trump was FULL of # on twitter right to him for repeating the same lies.

6. Probably the most important here: His running mate said in front of 60million people that he could not seperate his religious views with his social and political views. These people want a Pluto/theocracy to drive this country straight back to the 1800s,

i could go on but i need to get ready for work.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by howthefuq
i could go on but i need to get ready for work.

Yeah you sure do, your hero Obama needs you to in order to take care of all the lazy people who need their nanny state pay check. LOL!

Foolish mortal. Some people really need to jump off of the stupid wagon. A vote for either of these hand picked puppets is a vote for bankruptcy. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join