It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yubiaden

You are quite welcome. I just want to see a better world...regardless which party is in so called "control"...I think we have it within us to make a better world...but we have to recognize the effort that is working against us...AND we have to let go of age old astigmatisms.....we can be better than it appears...if we only try.

I am not a liberal...I am not a conservative...I m one of those freaks that lies somewhere n the middle....we can do this...but we must first recognize our enemy.....and our enemy is ourselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I agree with you.

I look at what Obama has accomplished. I see him as a president methodically moving forward in a positive direction.

Like he said - - he will address each issue independently - - study it - - then and only then come up with a program for solution.

I flat out do not understand the hate for Obama. I don't believe for a second its all about his politics.

I am a long time former Republican (registered in 1946). Just this year switched to non-affiliated. And there are many more like me.

I do not understand the extremism that has taken over the Right. I can not understand why anyone would vote for Romney.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I just want to be honest and get an honest answer and I mean no offense, I hope this is okay to ask:

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black? If so, that is okay, because I can guarantee you, if the roles were reversed and we lived in a world where every US president had been black, but finally there was a white contender, I would vote for him just based on that fact.

Odd question, seeing as even the percentage of Blacks who voted for Obama wasn't much different than the percentage of Blacks who voted for Clinton. I'm surprised anyone thinks he garnered many votes "because he's black." i'm sure there were some, but probably far less than those who didn't vote for him for that reason alone (of which I personally know a few.)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Socrato

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black?

How is it that someone can list a dozen good reasons for his vote...and yet you still think the candidate's half-blackness has something to do with it?

That is some serious stupidity
edit on 2-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Hmm, maybe because people openly admitted that the reason they voted for him the first time was they wanted to be "part of history" or to prove to their friends and maybe themselves that they werent racist.
edit on 11/2/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

There were more people that voted against him because he wasn't white.

My mother, unfortunately, is one of them.
She is apolitical but votes all the time. She is in every way a liberal in regards to what she wants government to be, but doesn't know what a conservative or liberal is..just if you ask her specifics (do you believe government should have a universal healthcare option verses keep it fully private, wars, etc) she is almost perfectly code pink style liberalism.
But again, she doesn't know what dems or reps stand for, etc..
She voted for McCain because he was white
She voted for Rmoney because he is white
She got confused when I said Obama is the same party as JFK (her hero).

I didn't try to lecture her about anything..she is who she is and will always fear black people. meh..old people are stuck in their ways I guess...well, some anyhow.

But anyhow, so yes, some people voted for Obama because he was half black, but I would venture to say a lot more voted against him because of that alone.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good post. I like seeing people speak their minds without being a "liberal" or "conservative." Kudos.

But remember, that great post you have, you didn't write that.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Good post. I like seeing people speak their minds without being a "liberal" or "conservative." Kudos.

But remember, that great post you have, you didn't write that.

Well

Technically he did write it,

But without the computer manufacturer, his ISP, and ATS... he would not have been able to write that post

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Anyone who has any memory and remember his first campaign. Then remembers the last four years and still thinks Obama has been a great president is really really out of touch. There is absolutely no reason why Obama should be reelected, by any measure, whether his own words or empirical data he has failed.

I think he will lose by a wide margin. I have faith that the average person can look at the last four years and say whether they are better off or not. He just did not live up to the hype. It was all a big sham and the liberals fell for it hook line and sinker.

V

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by perpetrator76

*cough cough*

Does anyone remember the shredding of the Constitution under G. W. Bush with the Patriot Act? Most of the offenses you've listed were done via Bush Jr.

Sure, the NDAA is horrible -- but it only building on the foundation that your Republican party put in place.

Patriot Act, look it up sometime.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

If I were you, I would be voting for Obama and doing everything I can to make sure he is re-elected.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by perpetrator76

*cough cough*

Does anyone remember the shredding of the Constitution under G. W. Bush with the Patriot Act? Most of the offenses you've listed were done via Bush Jr.

Sure, the NDAA is horrible -- but it only building on the foundation that your Republican party put in place.

Patriot Act, look it up sometime.

Thank you.

I don't get the "Shut the door - Bush has left the building" mentality - - - "the buck starts here with Obama".

You mention Bush in these discussions - - - everyone tells you to shut up - - don't mention Bush. Why the hell not.

Seems to me - most of the stuff Obama has taken on were set in place by the previous administration. Obama extended some of them. WE - - the average citizen really don't have a clue the depths and reasons of what they entail. I certainly wouldn't want to make a black and white decision on something like this in 4 years time - - - just to appease a certain political thinking group.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by perpetrator76
reply to post by Tazkven

As a US citizen and soldier it is my duty to protect the constitution, and as such I will not endorse any president that considers the constitution imperfect and flawed...

Dude, count the Amendments to the US Constitution. That would help to shore up both your history and arithmetic skills. And maybe logical reasoning.

A lot of smart people apparently considered the Constitution "imperfect" and "flawed", since they worked so hard to change it.

It's not some kind of Al Q'uran.

edit on 2-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

This is one of the most retarded slogans I've seen in my life, and it is grossly disrespectful to the American public. Not that it deserves respect in 100% cases, but this... This is both stupid and manipulative. If they thought this would make me vote Ron Paul, kiss my creamy @rse. Never thought that there were certifiable morons among his followers, but hey, live and learn.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
At this point does anybody think we would not be better off than we were 4 years ago?? Did people think we were just going to let the economy sink farther down the drain? Of course things are better now, ANY President would have made moves to improve things, though different presidents would have done different things.

Obama did a job, and a bad one at that. Plently of people go to work everyday and do a so-so job, Obama is one of them. He was there, someone had to do it, so if it works out, he gets the credit. Why are people happy with a job, and not concerned about him walking all over the Constitution?

Consumer confidence is at a 5 year high
- People have gotten used to the idea of living like this.

U.S. unemployment claims are at a 4.5 year low
- You can't stay on unemployment forever, wether or not you find a job.

U.S. Growth is better than all major Western powers
- As it's always been, so this should not be suprise.

Manufacturing in the U.S is growing while China's manufacturing industry has shrunk 11 months straight.
- Well, it couldn't stay so low forever, right? Things can grow, but they need to grow faster to reduce unemployment.

Under President Obama the U.S. has experienced "the longest stretch of employment gains in manufacturing in almost two decades".
- Also, "longest stretch of employment losses in manufacturing"

Automobile sales are the best they've been in over 4 years
- So what? Obama sells cars now?

The S&P 500 up 81% since Obama took office.
- It was also in the gutter when he took office.

Corporate profits are at an all time high
- In any other thread, this would be a topic of disgust, but because Obama is the man, this is good news?

The Congressional Budget Office projects 9.6 million jobs will be created in the next 4 years under the current path.

- This is not important. Show me other paths that show different gains. Can't we do better? Show me an idea where everyone that wants a job can get one.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I see that when you got a job it was with one of the evil 1% GE. Who by the way pays less taxes and gets more govm't handouts than most of the 1% of the 1% corprate fat cats.

General Electric Tax Rate 2.3 Percent Over Decade, Report Finds

Do some reserch on your company GE and see all corruption in that company.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Somehow double posted way down here.
edit on 11/2/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Propulsion

This is one of the most retarded slogans I've seen in my life, and it is grossly disrespectful to the American public. Not that it deserves respect in 100% cases, but this... This is both stupid and manipulative. If they thought this would make me vote Ron Paul, kiss my creamy @rse. Never thought that there were certifiable morons among his followers, but hey, live and learn.

buddhasystem you are so pro Obama its hard to take you seriously on anything. Can anyone here say that the American public is better off once he took office? Ps dont give me damage control pro liberal non sense. If you answer yes then clearly your a fool and if you give me a "its bushes fault" type of response then hasn't he not lived up to the promises from 2008? So why elect him again

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Both Obama and Romney could pledge to repeal the 13th Amendment, and they would still have people voting for both of them as the lesser of two evils.

If you want an evil nation, keep voting for evil people.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Can anyone here say that the American public is better off once he took office?

Yes. People here do say so, and the numbers back it up.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Any politician supporting the NDAA should be listed as a traitor and arrested. Romney is included on that list. So is Lindsey Graham (R) and Carl Levin (D) and Harry Reid (D) and Mitch McConnell (R) and a lot of other Democrats and a lot of other Republicans. See the pattern?

"Clinton was a crook!" "No! Bush was a crook!" "No! Obama inherited that debt from Bush." "Well, if Clinton would have got Bin Laden when he had the chance..." "No! It was Clinton who repealled Glass-Steagall" and on and on and on.

The Republican vs Democrat "fued" is theater. Pure and simple. It's to give the American people an illusion that we still have a choice. Anyone thinking there is a genuine fight between R and D, I have a mountain of data to freely give to you. Just ask.

List of Traitors that signed the NDAA

I just....as a Veteran, I don't see how anyone could vote for the same script over and over again. Reading your responses to other posts, I believe you have a good heart, friend. I just think you're being manipulated by the people giving you your information.

Obama = Romney = Goldman Sachs.

Lima-1, out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join