It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Both Obama and Romney could pledge to repeal the 13th Amendment, and they would still have people voting for both of them as the lesser of two evils.

If you want an evil nation, keep voting for evil people.

You have hit a nerve.....most folks are quite incapable of dealing with the hammering they are taking.

The flubs versus the wubs...neither side wants to fix anything........they like it this way.

I commend certain folks for trying...but the gest is...no one cares.

They do not care how much pain you have suffered...if you think they do.....go smoke another bowl......

Gwt awake. 235641

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by perpetrator76

Amen

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by perpetrator76
reply to post by Tazkven

As a US citizen and soldier it is my duty to protect the constitution, and as such I will not endorse any president that considers the constitution imperfect and flawed... How dare he put his hand upon the bible and swear to defend the constitution, then systematically destroy it while he is in office...

www.youtube.com...

Got rid of posse commitatus, habeus courpus, and is a pro advocate of the destruction of our 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment rights afforded to us by the constitution....

Anyone who votes blindly for a man who stresses LEAN FORWARD, or CHANGE who also preaches that he is creating jobs and that unemployment is at its lowest since 2008... well its easy to claim that and show that because the people who are still on the books are actively receiving benefits, while those who have fallen off the benefit train, or who still cannot find work, and those who work part time jobs and then end up unemployed are not counted in that figure.... so its easy to claim 8 or 9% unemployment when thats all you are actively paying, where as the real figure is closer to 30% unemployment and the 20% who arent getting benefits arent even mentioned.

Then theres the failed EPA and green energy programs he is throwing money at that is just dissapearing... such a waste of taxpayer money.

An not to mention the trillion dollar debt that has been added to our national debt since he has taken office.....

Yea in the last four years Obama has brought CHANGE... hes destroyed out constitution, bill of rights, economy, and systematically our country... Romney is no better as he is bought an paid for and the perfect lobbyist politican and will say anything and vote any which way in favor to who ever is actively putting money into his pocket at the time..... Ron Paul 2012
edit on 2-11-2012 by perpetrator76 because: (no reason given)

I am a Veteran AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2ND

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

How does being a veteran make you better at deciding a president than say, me or perhaps a professor of economics?

Does me being an Eagle Scout make me more capable of deciding an election?

When did Americans create a class of people that are better than the average citizen?

We haven't had a draft in decades, anyone that signed up did so on their own accord.

edit on 2-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by hanyak69

How does being a veteran make you better at deciding a president than say, me or perhaps a professor of economics?

I agree.

My husband's uncle is a 20 year retired Marine - - - and he's an idiot.

All he does is repeat FOX and Limbaugh talking points.

Its impossible to have any kind of real exchange discussion with him.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Drank the Kool-Ade and went back for a second cup?
It's gonna be a lot like Jonestown around here soon.

PS. Maybe somebody can tell me why a community organizer who voted present in the Senate after an uncontested election is qualified to be president? Please...reliable sources.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Nite_wing because: I don't care to tell you.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
buddhasystem you are so pro Obama its hard to take you seriously on anything.

Please consider the post to which you replied. What does it have to do with your response? It was about an offensive slogan implying that people are imbeciles trying to "prove" (to who, exactly?) that they are not "racist". This is stone cold eff stupid. That's what the post was about.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Go ahead vote for B.O.if he wins you can enjoy your serfdom. After he strips the wealthy you will be next.Just the very rich (B.O.and his comrades) and the very poor. Inexplicable that you cant see through this communists game plan.The only difference between B.O and Jim Jones is that we have not been served the cool aid yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Ever since 1991 I have been a Union Millwright #1031 out of Louisville, KY...I lost everything and ended up at a homeless shelter...

At this point, the trauma has me sympathetic.

...I got on Maintenance at General Electric...I will be casting my ballot for Obama...Flame away!

At this point, the masochism has me sympathetic.

S&F for sharing. Good luck to you.
edit on 2-11-2012 by OlafMiacov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I saw a bumper sticker that said it best.......

If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't racist...

Vote for somebody else this time to prove your not an idiot.

It's funny how people will buy the numbers and polls they throw out there.......

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Can anyone here say that the American public is better off once he took office?

Yes. People here do say so, and the numbers back it up.

What numbers lol his unemployment numbers? its realistically at 30 percent and going up the only reason its not lower is because they stop counting people after they give up and the media falsely reports the numbers at 15 % lol

How about the national debt numbers?

The only numbers you have are for the companies that got bailed out by the public? Question did anyone see any favors for that bailouts? lower cost of cars, how about the clean energy he invested money in? big pay off right there lol?

The reason the American car company's almost went bankrupt is because of greed! They made stuff that would wear out or breaks very quickly the parts had been cheaply made "outsourcing". They have been in bed with the gas companies and stopped funding on hybrids only to have the Prius out sell them every year lol greed should have sunk them but now we get the voit which burst into flames and cost 10 grand more then a Prius.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Anyone who has any memory and remember his first campaign. Then remembers the last four years and still thinks Obama has been a great president is really really out of touch. There is absolutely no reason why Obama should be reelected, by any measure, whether his own words or empirical data he has failed.

I think he will lose by a wide margin. I have faith that the average person can look at the last four years and say whether they are better off or not. He just did not live up to the hype. It was all a big sham and the liberals fell for it hook line and sinker.

V

If that's how you're measuring it, you might be out of touch. The bottom 10% least-employable are not better off, but those of us with retirement savings which doubled while inflation stayed very low sure are. Those of us with any ties to the auto industry are better off (thanks to the keynesian economic policies kicked off by Bush and followed-through on by Obama.

During a deep world economic recession, the US pulled through far better than most, and ended up with a debt to GDP ratio which leveled off at a number much better than what we had in the 1940's, all while riding out the lowest income taxes in the top income bracket of the past century.

Is the average person better off than when the economy bottomed out? Yes. Is everyone better off? No. Is everyone enjoying a Clinton-era economic golden age? Absolutely not. Have we endured thousands of innocent lives lost in terrorist attacks? No. Have we started another $1T+ war? No. Has the dollar strengthened? Yes. Wahat the heck am I missing?

Come Tuesday, I'll either be laughing at all these Romney Neocon types who think he's got the election sealed up, or I'll be buying Rosetta Stone Mandarin, to maximize my worth in the Romney economy.

link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

The only numbers you have are for the companies that got bailed out by the public? Question did anyone see any favors for that bailouts? lower cost of cars, how about the clean energy he invested money in? big pay off right there lol?

The reason the American car company's almost went bankrupt is because of greed!

What?

Your post makes no sense to me.

EDIT: And Romney is the epitome of "greed." !! The Bushes were the ones that enabled the companies to defraud the public.

gha. nm.

edit on 2-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by perpetrator76

You're a Republican. plain and simple.

If you really felt that way about the constitution and how Presidents treat it, you never would have joined the military. I remember all the Presidents from Carter on and none have them have treated the constitution with any respect, yet NOW you find fault with a Democrat?, OK

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Because you have your priorities at the right place ?
and you care for a good future ?
not just a good future for you but for all Americans

You are making the right choice

SNF

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychicCroMag
Go ahead vote for B.O.if he wins you can enjoy your serfdom. After he strips the wealthy you will be next.Just the very rich (B.O.and his comrades) and the very poor. Inexplicable that you cant see through this communists game plan.The only difference between B.O and Jim Jones is that we have not been served the cool aid yet.

I just don't see or get some peoples perception that Obama is a commie and gonna turn the USA into USSR. They swear America is being overtaken by communists and Obama is their ring leader.

What am I missing?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I just don't see or get some peoples perception that Obama is a commie and gonna turn the USA into USSR. They swear America is being overtaken by communists and Obama is their ring leader.

What am I missing?

Made up drama to hate Obama..

If anyone's gonna turn this country into a police state - - its the Republicans. Read the PNAC.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I call bullcrap on this. You are saying that Obama is after the rich, while being himself rich. You might as well say that he's a white supremacist while being black. And by the way I never heard of Obama trying to "strip" the wealthy. Last I heard the wealthy have been doing much better than the rest of the populace in the past 20 years, amassing more and more wealth while the income gap was ever growing. Hardly "stripping" of any sort here, the opposite.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Don't get me wrong, whether it's Obama the Democrat or Romney the Republican, our American rights are slowly being stripped away and neither candidate will do anything to stop that. In fact both fully support the indefinite detentions of Americans and Patriot Act (and much more) and that's because both parties are run by the same machine.

I get people definitely waste their time hating one politician or the other and maybe that explains the communist accusations.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
As a follow up let me ask you these questions;

1. Do you believe the government is too big and too involved in our lives?
2. Do you believe the government wastes a lot of money?
3. Do you believe we pay too much taxes?
4. Do you believe the rules should be the same for everyone as long as noone gets special treatment?

Bro – if you answered yes to those questions – YOU ARE A REPUBLICAN.

It doesn’t mean you’re a bad guy and it doesn’t mean you have to quite your job or leave the Union. It just means your capable of thinking for yourself. It's like a little secret you have from everyone that makes you feel better and more in control of your life and the world around you.

Oh please, all of my life I have heard the Republican mantra of smaller Government, but when have they have reduced it? What Government has NOT wasted money? What Republican Government has ever lowered taxes on those of us who do not make 6 figures a year?
Yes I believe rules should be the same for EVERYONE, NOT just for those who make 6 or 7 figure salaries like the Republicans always cater to.

If you can point me to some instances of these, I would appreciate it
edit on 2-11-2012 by mymymy because: I don't know how to dissect quotes

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join