It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Foolish mortal. Some people really need to jump off of the stupid wagon. A vote for either of these hand picked puppets is a vote for bankruptcy. ~$heopleNation

Regardless of who you vote for one of these guys is going to win ... So by your logic we are headed into bankruptcy either way, right?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
there is so many blind sheep in this thread. It sucks that the world is progressing at such a slow rate. now i can see why some people want to commit mass genocide. its painful watching the majority of the masses not see this reality for what it actually is. But at least, but at least he said she said BS. What are these people actually doing to help? source jobs out of the country? pass bills the deprive us of our constitutional rights? Label anyone who questions our government a domestic terrorist?

they (obama and romney) sure do talk a nice story about how things can and will be changed. you are simply to dumb to look at what they are physically doing, or rather just too scared.

I vote you should reconsider your existence if you support this demon or anyone apart of this darkness.
edit on 2-11-2012 by 23rdChakra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Yep, pretty much. Either way, It's inevitable my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by howthefuq

This is a VERY quick way to be banned from the forums.

If you intend on staying here, and in a positive manner, refrain from the personal attacks.

We here at ATS at least TRY to stay civil in these heated topics.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Dear fellow Louisvillian;

You could have saved a lot of typing by just saying "I'm a Union member".

You're obviously parroting the propaganda that has been spoon fed to you since you joined the Union. Before that it was spoon fed to you by your Mom and or Dad because they were Democrat.

You may find what I just said to be offensive but I mean it to be brutally honest - because I WAS BROUGHT UP IN THE SAME TOWN, by Democrat parents in a pro Union environment. Most people are products of their environment when it comes to politics JUST LIKE THEY ARE WITH RELIGION. People gravitate toward the beliefs of people around them - because, well, they are their only source of information and they are a peer group.

Around age 30 I started to think for myself and ask "What do I beleive in and which parties beleifs align with mine". I also started to ask "why does the media report things a certain way and who does it hurt or benefit. When I became a Republican my parents were pissed and I didn't dare tell my co-workers because my beliefs are mine alone - not my parents, not my employers and not my Unions.
edit on 2-11-2012 by beanandginger because: grammar & spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

well it's your vote. If you want to hope in one hand and crap in the other its up too you but i think we have all seen which one fills up faster and the smell is getting pretty bad. Almost every article you have posted is biased and incorrect. But i will give you some incite to Obama's job growth that's about to happen the jobs created from sandy will boost his job creation stats. You will see construction job growth as well as disaster preparation ie disaster recovery jobs, rail way system workers, plumbers, electricians, freeway construction crews ect. But the real question is where are they going to get the money to fix these issues lol. And once the problem is fixed after about a year and a half we will be at 30 to 40 percent unemployment with all the people who worked these jobs collecting unemployment checks lol again obama will increase taxes and over spend by a trillion like normal.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As a follow up let me ask you these questions;

1. Do you believe the government is too big and too involved in our lives?
2. Do you believe the government wastes a lot of money?
3. Do you believe we pay too much taxes?
4. Do you believe the rules should be the same for everyone as long as noone gets special treatment?

Bro – if you answered yes to those questions – YOU ARE A REPUBLICAN.

It doesn’t mean you’re a bad guy and it doesn’t mean you have to quite your job or leave the Union. It just means your capable of thinking for yourself. It's like a little secret you have from everyone that makes you feel better and more in control of your life and the world around you.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I am seriously interested in third party political organisations but haven't really known what if any good they can do in office. The whole damn government is one of two parties, that's why its mainstream ... My fear is I would really like the guy, in the snowballs chance of hell he was elected then everyone would be against him. Seems that's how it works, anyways.

You are right, but here is the thing....the change has to start somewhere. If we continuously vote in two party candidates. we will be stuck in the two party paradigm forever...it has to start NOW. I am willing to "throw my vote away" to give the Libertarians the 5% they need to move toward the mainstream. It is just a little peep....but my voice is my vote and I am beyond tired of the two party system...it is broken.

I understand your reservations...yes a Libertarian President will not have a lot of allies to begin with but I see there is a window of hope based on our philosophy and platform. We agree with fiscal responsibility AND social freedom....we have a door into both "primary" parties. I think it could be a wonderful time if a Libertarian became President.

I am going to hold onto hope...hope that we can move beyond dogmatic party lines and find a real, mutually beneficial path....a path that offers financial reward and social freedom...it can be done...I know it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yup.. I'll vote for good ol' Paul, but either way one of these two puppets will win.

That being said- YES, we are far past fixing. Only a major catastrophe could "help" us now.

I encourage you to go find out how many political parties actually stand a chance in an election in Sweden. It's more than two. Sweden's tits.

Hear that? ...

baaa baaa baaaa

we'ze is f***ed brother.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
GE pays less than ZERO in taxes per year. Billions and billions that aren't paid. Those 2500 new jobs are paid for by the US Public, in a way.

I know you posted a lot of information, but that's just one specific thing I had to say.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
Dear fellow Louisvillian;

Well, Hi there = )

Nah, it don't make me mad because I know it isn't true.

Yes, I have worked union all my life, in the Millwright's and now at GE. I don't need anyone to tell me when things are good or bad, I can think for myself. I see not only my life but those around me getting better, people getting jobs, products being taken from China and Mexico being brought back and made here. Just because I was brought up around unions don't make a robot, for the most part union jobs pay better.

And whats wrong with that ?

I got a buddy at work who is Republican, His thoughts are that if business does better there are more jobs and that is what Republicans do. In the OP there is a post that says "Corporate profits are at an all time high" but there is actually more to that title "Wages are at an all time low". Right there debunks that myth, truth is Corporations are going to take and take and there is nothing anyone can do about it without collective bargaining and even then we are still losing the wage game ... just not as bad.

What's wrong with people getting paid well? Why does a small group of elite people get to make all the money while the people who do the actual work get minimum wage and have to take two jobs to survive, when does this even begin to make sense? Was what "occupy" was about but yet we are going to vote the 1% poster boy who is heavily invested in outsourcing into office. He want's us to trust him to bust the Union's and get "right to work" nation wide and THEN he will work on increasing wages ... please.

No, I am voting because of what I see, not what I heard or was told. I see recovery here, I see people's lives getting better. I owe no allegiance to any party but you can bet if it was as bad as I am being told I would probably have a different opinion.

Anyways, I am off work and have a two hour drive to Barren River to hang out with my 7 month old at his Momma's Halloween party, lol. Take care man.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I just want to be honest and get an honest answer and I mean no offense, I hope this is okay to ask:

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black? If so, that is okay, because I can guarantee you, if the roles were reversed and we lived in a world where every US president had been black, but finally there was a white contender, I would vote for him just based on that fact.

You Dolt!! The guy just gave you a million reasons why he is voting for Obama. BTW, I am a conservative. (Check my posts) I am just tired of the racist banter from GOP pinheads.. It is SO transparent.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yubiaden

LOL....always the Nordic example. I love the Nordic example. It is an example that if human beings work together, they can do amazing and "humane" things. I have lost the illusion that it could ever happen here...the propaganda has been far-far to effective. If anyone wants to know why it is the way it is...I offer this massively long video...one of the most clever bits of journalism I have ever watched....yeah...It's BBC....

I'd suggest watching it on youtube direct and bookmarking it where your attention span expires and come back later and watch more...it is very-very long...but it is soooo true.

I don't know how else to say this. Our current condition...not only here but in Europe as well...was pre-planned...and...like good sheep...we did exactly what we were expected to do....damn sad actually.

Here is the vid...try to digest it...and if you do...you will never see the world the same way again.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul-2012

edit on 2-11-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Here is the vid...try to digest it...and if you do...you will never see the world the same way again.

I think I can slowly digest this within the next two days. The first ten minutes are very interesting, and I thank you for posting such appealing media. Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by perpetrator76

See, now I love people like you...

Got rid of posse commitatus

Well, lets take a closer look shall we?

In 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008).

On September 26, 2006, President Bush urged Congress to consider revising federal laws so that U.S. armed forces could restore public order and enforce laws in the aftermath of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition. These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed into law on October 17, 2006.[8]

Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies." It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.[9]

In 2008, these changes in the Insurrection Act of 1807 were repealed in their entirety, reverting to the previous wording of the Insurrection Act[10] that in its original form was written to limit Presidential power as much as possible in the event of insurrection, rebellion, or lawlessness.

In 2012, U.S. President Barack Obama signed the 2012 Defense Authorization Act into law. Section 1031, clause "b", article 2 defines a 'covered person', i.e., someone possibly subject to martial law, as the following: "A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces." [11]

Source

now see what you've done there? You've ignored the fact that these changes were asked for by the Bush Administration, passed in 2006, then repealed in 2008. All Obama did was change the wording of what Bush wanted and signed it into law.

habeus courpus

Well now you are just lying.

On “Countdown” Keith Olbermann examined the Military Commission’s Act of 2006 and what it does to something called habeas corpus. The following is a transcript of Keith Olbermann's special report on habeas corpus, as reported on Tuesday, October 10th:

The president has now succeeded where no one has before. He’s managed to kill the writ of habeas corpus. Tonight, a special investigation, how that, in turn, kills nothing less than your Bill of Rights. Because the Mark Foley story began to break on the night of September 28, exploding the following day, many people may not have noticed the bill passed by the Senate that night. Congress passed the Military Commission’s Act to give Mr. Bush the power to deal effectively with America’s enemies—those who seek to harm the country. He has been very clear on who he thinks that is.

Source

Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006

The United States Military Commissions Act of 2006,[1] also known as HR-6166, was an Act of Congress[2] signed by President George W. Bush on October 17, 2006. Drafted in the wake of the Supreme Court's decision on Hamdan v. Rumsfeld,[3] the Act's stated purpose was "To authorize trial by military commission for violations of the law of war, and for other purposes."[4]

Now, Obama hasn't been the best president by a long shot. But you are honestly blaming him for stuff passed into law in 2006? you've completely lost touch with reality

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Obama-jad had his chance as president and failed immensely. Romney (or anyone else) has NOT their chance to prove themselves as the potus. Now if Romney (or whomever else) fails to prove themselves and make life better for the American people, than in 4 years, people can vote in another numb-nut who might make the difference. Noodles (or anyone else for that matter) deserves his chance just like Obama had his. How can people judge him (or any other candidate), when they have NEVER been the president?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Best reason to vote for Obama:

To stop this sickening mindset that puts politics above people.

Mitch proposes a dangerous mindset.

And should Mitt win, It validates the tactic.

And Dems in house and senate will rally and return the favor, making sure to hobble everything possible to make sure Mitt is a one termer.

See the issue?
Obama must win so the people can defeat a tactic by politicians that lets them destroy the people to achieve a goal.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Socrato

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black?

How is it that someone can list a dozen good reasons for his vote...and yet you still think the candidate's half-blackness has something to do with it?

That is some serious stupidity
edit on 2-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Hmm, maybe because people openly admitted that the reason they voted for him the first time was they wanted to be "part of history" or to prove to their friends and maybe themselves that they werent racist.
edit on 11/2/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join