It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's oldest town unearthed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Europe's oldest town unearthed

www.skynews.com.au

Archeologists claim to have discovered Europe's oldest town in the north east of Bulgaria.

Excavations have uncovered skeletons, walls, a series of pits used for rituals - as well as parts of a gate.

Carbon analysis has dated the findings to more than a millennium before the start of the ancient Greek civilisation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-11-2012 by daaskapital because: title

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This is absolutely amazing!!!

Too bad this is all there is for the time being. I do hope they find further objects in these excavations. Imagine what else there could be! A millennium older than Ancient Greece...wow!

I will attempt to keep this thread updated as more news roles out.

What does ATS think about this awesome find?

www.skynews.com.au

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I think thats the tiniest, most lacking, briefest, say nothing much at all, superficial news article that anyone could possibly link to.

The one who postest this article already had this news link instead...
BBC
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I think thats the tiniest, most lacking, briefest, say nothing much at all, superficial news article that anyone could possibly link to.

The one who postest this article already had this news link instead...
BBC
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, thanks for the links. It's not my fault Sky News decided not to cover much is it

Thanks.

Mods, feel free to close.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Well, thanks for the links. It's not my fault Sky News decided not to cover much is it

No, but I do struggle to understand how with a topic that clearly interests you so much... you didnt try to read any more about it elsewhere.
Anyway, you asked what I thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

No, but I do struggle to understand how with a topic that clearly interests you so much... you didnt try to read any more about it elsewhere.
Anyway, you asked what I thought.

I posted it up straight away just in case if others were interested. I then went on further (just like i said) to look for info and update the thread. I checked back and found your reply.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I am very interested incurrent ancient European findings because they tend to unearth stuff that doesn't fit with mainstrean archeology. Such as:

www.burlingtonnews.net...

Now this? What will they ultimately find here?? Yet another "finding" that doesn't quite fit with current theories?
edit on 2-11-2012 by missvicky because: for what it's worth

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Modern Bulgaria covers the area that was know in antiquity as Thrace, and part of what is now Macedonia so its logical that some of the earliest European civilized settlements would be found there. I think what is quite surprising that there have not been many more finds in the area.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 2-11-2012 by Cuervo because: I was being a hypocrite...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This is absolutely amazing!!!

Too bad this is all there is for the time being. I do hope they find further objects in these excavations. Imagine what else there could be! A millennium older than Ancient Greece...wow!

I will attempt to keep this thread updated as more news roles out.

www.skynews.com.au

I think this is pretty much a nothing story. They found a town, they will find other traces of other towns etc around the place.

Did people really not expect things like this to be found?

Ancient Greece may have been the first civilization in Europe, but that doesn't mean there weren't people before it elsewhere in some capacity, even if they weren't technically a "civilization" compared to Ancient Greece or to Rome for example..

They will find more of these places around Europe and the world.
We've only been taught what has been found. And what has been found has been a small fraction of our species history imo.

top topics

join