It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to be Charged with Violating Federal Ethics in Government Law - Greg Palast/UAW

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Covers candidates for office too.

A personal financial disclosure report must be filed within 30 days after the
individual becomes a candidate or by May 15 of the same calendar year, whichever is
later, but in any event at least 30 days before the primary or general election. 5 U.S.C.
§101(c).

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Business 101:

- Get cash
- Use cash to purchase leverage
- Apply leverage
- Cash flow
- "Reinvest" in other leverage
- Rinse, repeat

Listen to me you Bigfatfurrytexan....Er.. I don't have anything to add. I just kinda always wanted to say that.

11235813213455 - Bullspit. I like it. Kinda the same stuff just coming out of the other end.

Romney was a governor once.. people keep saying this doesn't apply to him because he's not in government But.. could it have applied to him while he was governor?

So we have Romney on ethics and Obama on possible Treason over Libya. can we just toss them both out now and start over? I hear a fellow named Ron Paul is looking for a job. Heck, I'd vote for any one of you fellow ATS'ers because at least i believe you guys understand there is too much corruption in government and you'd at least try to do the right thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Dear Grimpachi,

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, I'm sorry I missed the quote in your post:

The Nation recently reported that the Romney family personally profited by at least $15.3 million from the auto loans of 2009 through his investment in the Delphi Corp. auto parts company. Yet Romney's June 1, 2012, Public Financial Disclosure Report to the Office of Government Ethics did not reveal this windfall because he did not disclose the underlying holdings of his private equity and limited partnership funds.
It seemed as though I had missed something significant so I looked up "Public Financial Disclosure Form." A White House website led me to Obama's, and in the margin, sure enough, it had instructions for nominees for the Presidency and others.

It looks like Romney is off the hook, at least legally, because the reporting period for him would only go back a calendar year (or two, depending on the portion of the form involved), that is through all of 2010. Yep, he didn't disclose the underlying holdings, because he didn't have to.

It could be that I'm missing out on the UAW's point, though. Maybe there is a legitimate complaint somewhere. Not sure that it will have any effect on the voters.

With respect,
Charles1952

edit on 2-11-2012 by charles1952 because: add last paragraph

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I think the issue is the fact that Romney, in his required disclosure as a presidential candidate, has claimed that the money from the Delphi Deal is in Ann's blind trust; and as a result, is exempt from disclosure. The problem is that her "blind trust" does not meet the definition of a "Qualified Blind Trust" under Federal Law; and as a result, the assets should have been disclosed.

Don't think the story will go anywhere; however, I also never thought someone receiving oral sex was a newsworthy, much less impeachable, event either.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Rastus3663 because: grammer

edit on 2-11-2012 by Rastus3663 because: grammer

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Sorry, I posted most of this content earlier.
edit on 2-11-2012 by charles1952 because: Kind of a double post.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I added in the excerpt a few minutes after I posted so you probably didn’t miss it.

As always you are pretty knowledgeable on these things.

In regards to this election I do not think there will be many voters swayed by much of anything at this point maybe those affected by the hurricane but aside from acts of god you are right I think.

I wonder if this story will disappear after the elections like so many others.
I am off to sleep now.

With Respect
Grim

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
reply to post by signalfire

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything in this country. And take anyone to court. All you need is lawyer who doesn't care as long as he gets paid. So a union who supports obama and the secretary of the treasury who is appointed by Obama are going after Romney. The timing is impeccable or predictable. Sounds like Obama is getting desperate.

What about the issue at hand though?

back to the topic....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

edit on 2-11-2012 by MrInquisitive because: double post by accident

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Why on earth is this being brought up at this late date? If he did something illegal or hypocritical, this should have been made hay of much earlier. Lord knows I loath Romnesia, but this thing doesn't pass the smell test. Just seems like a last-minute political stunt.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Not reporting a paltry $100 million profit?
Isn't Romney a corporation too?

If Palast reports it, I trust it.
He's the best investigative journalist around who has exposed countless crimes and boondoggles from Vote theft to Katrina.
Just because no one bothers to indict the criminals he exposes doesn't mean what he has found isn't real, I'm sure it is.
Question then becomes will this be an issue for the media before the election?
That would depend entirely on who the PTB want to install as our next "Highest Elected Official"
I'll make a bet based entirely on that too -
If the media won't touch it Romney will be our next President.
- Any takers?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Maybe everyone should take the time to see that the UAW filed a complaint....big deal...I could do that.

No charges, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law......or not if you are Obamas opposition?

I repeat...it was just a complaint by the UAW who endorses Obama......the dots are pretty easy to connect.

Yes exactly Look at all the petty complaints filed against Sarah Palin after her VP nomination. What will the DSA think of next? Obama is in bed with the Unions after all, giving them exemptions from Obamacare.

Check this out

www.bluegrasspundit.com...

Clearly the Obamacamp is pulling out all the stops on last minute dirt shoveling tactics.
edit on 2-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Man this is looking more and more like a nasty hit piece involving lots of Globalist powers. The reason is because Romney is not the Globalist player that Obama is, and it is likely that he will mess up some of their plans.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Gee... all the conservative accusations and speculation about Benghazai, along with alleged 'top secret' commmunications, parroted by McCain, Palin and all the other GOP mouthpieces, is 'legit' and reasonable BUT the same thing happens on the other end and it is a politcal ploy? Wow. Just wow.

So what about the substance of the complaint? Did it happen? Did a Romney business entity essentially extort PUBLIC FUNDS for private gain? Do you care? Is that considered 'good business'?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Good, glad to see someone calling this guy out on what he has done, tired of the phrase "it's just good business" tearing this country apart, I call it selling out the American middle class. I stand behind the UAW to fight against Romney and corporate greed.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Mitt Romney will be tightly focused on job creation and the economy when he wins the presidential election.

The difference between them ??? ---> Romney is a creator - BHO is a destroyer!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Mitt Romney will be tightly focused on job creation and the economy when he wins the presidential election.

The difference between them ??? ---> Romney is a creator - BHO is a destroyer!

No, he is going to go straight to work to end Project Labor Agreements, repeal Davis Bacon, fight for Right to Work (For Less), and oppose the Employee Free Choice Act.

How is this going to help the Middle Class exactly ?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Why on earth is this being brought up at this late date? If he did something illegal or hypocritical, this should have been made hay of much earlier. Lord knows I loath Romnesia, but this thing doesn't pass the smell test. Just seems like a last-minute political stunt.

I agree with you that this appears to be a political stunt.

As to why so late, I have an opinion ( and we know what they are worth!
).

I think the action was filed less than a week before the election for this reason:

You can throw any number of baseless accusations at someone, and with less than a week before the election, the accused can respond as much as he likes, but he has still been smeared.

If they file too early, it plays out in the very short modern news cycle rather quickly and exits the short attention span of the television viewer. Just a few days is exactly what they want. This decision of when to file wasn't made by a lawyer, it was made by a politician, under the advisement of pollsters, media gurus and probably a psychologist or two.

Hopefully the electorate can see this for what it most likely is, Chicago-style politics.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
For the truth on what a Romney V will mean for the American worker Go Here --->

Fair and Balanced - All the news that fit to report - un-biased - objective - truthful.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
For me, it isn't about whether or not Romney broke any laws. For me, it the fact that he took advantage of a situation to milk the tax payer for billions of dollars. I don't want a president who, whether in the past, present or future knowingly rapes the taxpayer to line their already overfilled pockets.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, well, lets admit it, Romney is a liar and a crook just accept it, many are still blinded by the outward stereotypical all American goody, goody image we see at the podium and running around at campaign events, people should have been a bit suspicious about this candidate from the pushback on even 2 years of taxes and the wife making the statement about what they will and won't do, from the 47% remark, Baine Capital, shady offshore holdings and tax shelters uncovered, master flip flopper, this is the last man you want to be president, he is a successful business man alright, albeit a shady business man, hopefully the chickens come home to roost, you can't continuously cover up a lie with a lie truth is ultimately revealed.

edit on 2-11-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join